PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » 2016 Geelong Gift POLL

2016 Geelong Gift POLL

Who wins Geelong

0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
7% 7% [ 6 ]
14% 14% [ 12 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
8% 8% [ 7 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
8% 8% [ 7 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
12% 12% [ 10 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
7% 7% [ 6 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 86

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2016 Geelong Gift POLL on Tue 23 Feb 2016 - 21:33

Mex

After a very busy weekend and some great racing we move to sleepy hollow for the Geelong Gift. I seem to say this almost every week now, but this gift has something about it. I almost didn't put this poll up as the marks were out so late, let's vote quickly and then the write up can be completed Thursday night. Good numbers in the gift, who do we like?

2 Re: 2016 Geelong Gift POLL on Wed 24 Feb 2016 - 16:10

GLPR

final:

morehouse
mcnamara
dunbar
taylor
harvey
lehmann
whittaker
rosen

winner: lehmann

3 Re: 2016 Geelong Gift POLL on Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 12:30

vicoutsider

A few names here that I was surprised to see and others surprised not to see. If all run it should be a good final.

The final:

Jasper Nettlefold 6.25 - looking good and may just squeeze in to his first final.

Cam Dunbar 6.75 - I have him making every final bar Stawell, actually scratch that, he makes Stawell final and wins!

Dion Paull 7 - hasn't looked awesome after Rye in the gifts, though improving.

Lachlan Taylor 8.25 - Will make and win this one. Does he have a gift win yet?

Matthew Harvey 8.5 - looking really good of late and made a great showing at Keilor. Will final though I think he may be one of a few with an eye on Bendigo...

Rob Lehmann 9.5 - The former King of Keilor is in amazing shape and moving really well. Will easily final and go podium.

Darren Whittaker 10.25 - surprised not to final at the Stonnington Gift, though there were a few people off that night.

Craig Foley 10.5 - Assuming he'll come back to 9.75m over 100m and maybe 11.5 in the gift, the current King of Keilor, looked good enough to back up and maybe final again, if the cramps hold off.

Nettlefold
Dunbar
Paull
Taylor
Harvey
Lehmann
Whittaker
Foley

Lachlan Taylor to win.

4 Re: 2016 Geelong Gift POLL on Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 14:36

airtight

Ryan McNamara won the Stonnington Gift off 5.75.
Has 5.5 at Geelong?
0.25 pull for winning Stonnington?

0.50 for the winner for Stawell. Will we see Rooke come out and take it?

5 Re: 2016 Geelong Gift POLL on Fri 26 Feb 2016 - 21:07

Mex

I must admit that I am a little surprised by the spread of some of the votes. I am unsure as to if training partners are throwing each other under a bus or people are literally casting their nets wide. There are some clear favourites, but a couple of others that I may mention in the interest of some of these votes.

Michael Dotti 6.75m / Cam Dunbar  6.75m (8%) - Dotti made the final of Botany and won Campbelltown in NSW. His mark is much healthier in NSW than down here. Still, 12.20 off 12m is handy over the Sheffield distance. If my maths is correct this would suggest a run this weekend around 10.40 - 10.50. Only problem is that the timing mechanisms in NSW arguably are not as accurate as in VIC. I can never remember if it is hand start and electronic finish or the other way around. Either way, if he is in form he may final. It is likely that the voting is for the consistent finalist in Dunbar though. Making two gift finals last week suggests that he is close and probably should win something over the next week or so. Running only the Gift at Keilor and finaling would lead one to believe a gift is his focus. At the risk of getting a blunt reply from the Boom man I will leave it at that.

Matthew Harvey 8.5m / Nick Magree 8.5m (9%) - Harvey is another who is in form and looking for a prized sash. Has Geelong, with the increased prize money, taken the mantle as a gift to target? If the answer is yes, Harvey may look to this one. A final is likely again, sash maybe. Look for a little later in the year for me. Magree is an interesting runner. He seems to always be thereabouts but has never really set the world on fire. A gift like Geelong may be the target for him, but would he wait until Bendigo? Not sure if he is really in the form to knock off some of the other well performed athletes yet.

Peter O'Dwyer 9m / Rob Lehmann 9.5m (9%) - POD is a funny athlete as I can never understand how he can run so poorly and then pull out a great time without any question. It is getting to the time of year when he will run quick, probably not long after he runs a slow time. I am absolutely baffled as to how to comment on his performances other than to suggest that as an older athlete he may struggle from week to week. When he is feeling good, look out as it could be a gift, a Stawell Masters race or anything. Lehmann is getting to a mark where he is a threat. A finalist at Keilor he has to be a chance of the final here. I wonder if he would sacrifice a chance at a gift win this season for a shot at the Masters 100m at Stawell? Maybe both. Ararat and Stawell Masters for me.

Daniel Martin 10m / Darren Whittaker 10.25m (13%) - Another week where Daniel is attached to Whittaker. Sorry Daniel, but all of these votes are for Whittaker and rightly so. He has great speed over the 100m and stills runs out a 120m well. I think we are all looking for Darren to get a win, much like Angelakos. This could be the one. What some may not realise is that Whittaker has been knocking at the door for a long time and not really moved much in a mark as a results. In 1999 he had 8.75 in the 100m at Prahran/Stonnington and made the final (top three from memory), he is only out 1.5m in nearly 20 years. Fair effort to keep competitive as he has. Got to be Geelong, Bendigo or Ararat. Don't see him going to Euroa for the gift win.

Tim Rosen 10.75m / Vic Sharma 10.75m (8%) - Tim 'The Tool Man', 'The Man', 'The Lord of the Gifts' Rosen is so good that Elton John wrote a song about him 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Rosen'! I cannot see him winning here. I wonder if the voting is for a combination of Rosen and Sharma or whether people just like to see what is written about him. Here goes then. He will not win this weekend because he is just too far back now and running no where near where he started the season. While he won Maribyrnong he should not have as Ware could have won that by a space. Re-build Mundine and come back next season. Sharma may turn up this week. He would want to perform better than his times from Yarra Ranges suggest. If he goes hard he will make the semi and be annoying for a while out in front.

A few with an interesting amount of votes include

Matthew Rizzo 6m / Hamish Adams 6.25m (6%) - Rizzo is coming much like winter. He is building towards a crack somewhere. Under the radar? Maybe. Capable of doing damage? Yes. This season? I am not entirely sure but will watch him with some interest in the closing stages of this season. Adams is another who is getting close to being very dangerous. He has strength and if he can turn to speed now like Coup has, he may prove a difficult prospect to beat in any race.

Bradley Armstrong 9m / Mark Hignett 9m (5%) - A a Stawell gift winning trainer Armstrong definitely knows the right formula to be successful over the Sheffield distance. He probably does not have the raw speed to challenge yet. Hignett is a favourite of many. He has a passion for a number of race carnivals and I think he may have a huge crack at Geelong. Off 9m he could seriously cause some damage this weekend.

Julian Fawcett 11.75m / Jonathon Rogers 12m (5%) - I have not seen either of these guys with this many votes so far this season so either someone knows something or it is a joke. Fawcett does have a good mark in the 70m, novice and masters events but the gift is a little out of his range. I think that he may break his duck with Bill or Hank in around 4 weeks. One to watch there. Rogers is better suited to a 100m as even Marr would beat him over the last 20m of a 120m. Has made some semis but unlikely to go any further.

Much like Bay, this track allows the public to be very close to the action. Good luck.

6 Re: 2016 Geelong Gift POLL on Sat 27 Feb 2016 - 10:51

Trackstar

Late money for Rooke. 12 votes. The plot thickens.

7 Re: 2016 Geelong Gift POLL on Sun 28 Feb 2016 - 20:05

airtight

BANG!!!!!!! Dare I say. I tipped this? Twisted Evil
Stuart Rooke made a statement today. Just locked in 8.50 for Stawell. Well played sir!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum