PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » handicapping

handicapping

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 handicapping on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:13 pm

jknott123

when will we get some consistency in the handicapping
two females one a novice the other a prolific winner
both athletes run 3 races over the same distance the novice receives 2m and the other 3m
how do we keep novice runners interested when they cant make up any ground

2 Re: handicapping on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:59 am

oldman

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Blooming hell - that sounds rougher than hessian undies.

3 Re: handicapping on Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:43 pm

jknott123 wrote:when will we get some consistency in the handicapping
both athletes run 3 races over the same distance the novice receives 2m and the other 3m

I have been having  the same debate in Adelaide 5 runners constantly hitting the podium no change in their handicaps in over a year and the slower runners having to give them 4-5 metre starts.
I know my interest has dropped that much I don't think we will run any more events this season.
Good luck

4 Re: handicapping on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:41 am

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
TREVORPAYNE wrote:
jknott123 wrote:when will we get some consistency in the handicapping

I have been having  the same debate in Adelaide 5 runners constantly hitting the podium no change in their handicaps in over a year and the slower runners having to give them 4-5 metre starts.
I know my interest has dropped that much I don't think we will run any more events this season.
Good luck

Why would you change the handicap of somebody who has not won the race and has not broken net-time?

5 Re: handicapping on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:05 pm

racingmania

An athlete under 20 can be pulled at any time if they show significant improvement.
There are athletes out on big marks for their potential and ability and shoud be brought back. Womens 300 at loxton was won by 10 meters by a girl on a huge mark, compared to her 120 mark.

6 Re: handicapping on Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:57 pm

I'm glad other people are now seeing what I have been going on about for the last few weeks.
The races have stopped being of any interest what so ever.
In one way I'm glad as it has proved my point and all the people that where bagging me don't seem to have anything to say now.
On the other hand saddened as it has made a mockery of a lot of these sprint races this season.
I have very little confidence in any changes.

7 Re: handicapping on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:22 pm

birdman

trevorpayne ....quite an appropriate last name u have.....if ur daughter is new to this pro running game then you should then look at it as a training run under a competition nature which would lead to her being able to improve her performance on the track if that's ur preference.....any competition is good even if u think the handicaps are no good....I coach a girl who is a backmarker at the age of 15 has won a few sashes but I believe has been handicapped out of the bay sheff for a few years but the competition hitouts she gets helps her with her track performances ...u cant win every race, so just suck it up like a lot of runners do
and if u don't like calling me birdman
u can call me Burdett
Peter Burdett

8 Re: handicapping on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Your first reply to me was having it on a plate.
Have a look at the results 3 races 3 wins no move in handicap no content with making the 70 -120 races a joke now turned their attention to the 300.
As I keep saying repetitive not competitive.
Pull your head out of the sand.
It seems to have very little to do with ability or trainers .
It depends on when they decide its your turn you know it I know it and the results prove.
Unless you can show me any evidence from the results this year.
ps i won't take any offence of anyone poking fun of my name not when they call themselves Birdman.
Rofl

9 Re: handicapping on Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 pm

How many times have I stated in not about Lauren I can hardly go naming other athletes Your first reply to me was having it on a plate obviously you have not looked at the latest result 3 races 3 wins no move in handicap no content with making the 70 -120 races a joke now turned their attention to the 300.
As I keep saying repetitive not competitive.
Pull your head out of the sand.
It seems to have very little to do with athletes ability or trainers .
It depends on when they decide its your turn you know it I know it and the results prove it
Unless you can show me any evidence from the results this year that prove otherwise. Which I doubt
ps i won't take any offence of anyone poking fun of my name not when they call themselves Birdman.
Rofl
Actually I didn't know who you was going by your alias .
But fair play you have got some good runners I won't name them but seen you train at the track and a good group .
I must admit slightly surprised you seem to think the results this year and normal and ok.
Everyone is entitled to a,point of view.
But please accept its not just about Lauren as I told the office it is about having competion across 40 entrants not just 4 or 5 over the season.
Congratulations on the men's 120 he's a good lad
Well done.

10 Re: handicapping on Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:39 pm

S.hill

Trevor.
You're an ignorant, uneducated moron.
I feel sorry for your daughter I really do.

If the women's 120m winner from the weekend runs her next gift off the same mark.
I will compensate you for all races entered this year.

She won hector ville 120m off 12.5M.
She won Loxton off 12.0M

THAT IS A CHANGE IN HANDICAP

As clear as day
however hectorville is a small meeting so she only got the minimum penalty.
Loxton being larger she will get a larger penalty.

We have all had issues with handicaps from time to time.

However.

Everything you have said in every post is wrong.

Your daughter now has the attention of every single person watching her when she races because of you.
Pressure a 14 year old would not want nor need.

11 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:04 am

S.hill wrote:Trevor.

If the women's 120m winner from the weekend runs  her next gift off the same mark.

She won Loxton off 12.0M

As clear as day

However.

Your daughter now has the attention of every single person watching her when she races because of you.

Why can't you see what's plainly right infront of you.
It's like a Masonic lodge the pro club.
Honestly are you happy watching same people win week after week.
And for some reason you think this is great event to spectate .
I was under the impression you went back a metre for a win in the 120 and .5 metres in the 70's correct me if I'm wrong I also thought other athletes note other and not Lauren moved up a metre in the 120 and .5 in the 70 if they where not winning. Still correct me if I am wrong.

I think if this was the case no one would have anything to moan about.
Plus the office said that's how the system works they can have as many wins but won't change the handicap until they win big. So everyone else enters race in good faith thinking they have chance when they have none whats so ever
And this you consider to be fantastic and great event
Yes I'm the fool.
One other thing that isn't real and I think this will tip you right over the edge.
Santa doesn't exist either.
I got an email from someone within SAAl saying not to post on here because you all get touchy and start being abusive.
I will leave you alone now no more posts I have proved i right
Goodbye

Last edited by TREVORPAYNE on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

12 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:14 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Have a break Mr Payne. Clearly you can't be reasoned with. You have made a series of unsubstantiated and false allegations based on your own narrow-minded views.

You might have had a point initially, but you have trashed it with a series of rants impugning the handicapper's integrity. Yes there has been a sameness to the Womens 120m finals but there are several factors that have contributed to this. It's not as simple as you think.

You've had a fair crack now it's time to move on.

Take it from a bloke who's been in the sport for 35 years and coached for the last 18 years.

You need to shut up and allow your daughter to enjoy her sport. I've seen too many kids lost to the sport and careers ruined because of parent(s) like you who think they are competing along with the child.

Any more posts on this subject alleging the handicapping is a 'closed shop' and you will be banned for a month.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

13 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Admin wrote:Have a break Mr Payne. Clearly you can't be reasoned with. You have made a series of unsubstantiated and false allegations based on your own narrow-minded views.

You might have had a point initially, but you have trashed it with a series of rants impugning the handicapper's integrity. Yes there has been a sameness to the Womens 120m finals but there are several factors that have contributed to this. It's not as simple as you think.

You've had a fair crack now it's time to move on.

Take it from a bloke who's been in the sport for 35 years and coached for the last 18 years.

You need to shut up and allow your daughter to enjoy her sport. I've seen too many kids lost to the sport and careers ruined because of parent(s) like you who think they are competing along with the child.

Any more posts on this subject alleging the handicapping is a 'closed shop' and you will be banned for a month.
I think you will find I apologised to the handicapper as I didn't know his hands where tied never once mentioned his integrity as don't even know the bloke.
I've only stated my point on the facts Santa doesn't exist sorry if spoilt Xmas for you all or was you referring to the point I made regarding the majority of finalists coming from the 12 to 12.5 mark which I am glad you agree was valid point.
My mistake I thought it was a discussion forum didn't realise I had to tread on eggshells around every one.
I had best not tell you about Easter Bunny I will banned for life.
Strange how my points or should say point attracts the most views .
I thought the it was the idea of the forum was that we had open interesting debates based on opinion and facts.
I'm glad though the opinions of all the people that have offered in put on my questions and findings has had over 3000 views more than any other. which means many find it interesting maybe comical at times.
But I have decided if you do impose your ban I am going to give myself a new interesting name AKA the TERMINATOR
To all my followers I'LL BE BACK.

14 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Betina

If the women's 120m winner from the weekend runs  her next gift off the same mark.

She won Loxton off 12.0M

As clear as day

However.

To correct you S.Hill

She won Pt Adelaide off 12.5m
Hectorville off 12.5m
Loxton off 12.0m

15 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:36 pm

Betina wrote:

She won Loxton off 12.0M

As clear as day

However.

To correct you S.Hill

She won Pt Adelaide off 12.5m
Hectorville off 12.5m
Loxton off 12.0m

Thanks

16 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:14 pm

She won Loxton off 12.0M

As clear as day

However.

Dropped a bit of a Clanger there old
Conviently forgot the other results.
Rofl

17 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:19 pm

S.hill

Conveniently*

Every single one of your posts has been full of clangers lol!

18 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:34 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
After reading all thats been going on I have decided to no longer pay nomination fee to run in the State Champs as I dont think its fair that other athletes who have a faster time than me all start on the same mark. Laughing Laughing

19 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:50 pm

S.hill wrote:Conveniently*

Yes but you had a big hissy fit .
But thanks as it gives me more credibility you trying mislead people.
Lol

20 Re: handicapping on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:52 pm

Whispers wrote:After reading all thats been going on I have decided to no longer pay nomination fee to run in the State Champs as I dont think its fair that other athletes who have a faster time than me all start on the same mark. Laughing Laughing

I know you can't get a decent race anywhere these days.
santa  santa  santa

21 Re: handicapping on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:21 am

S.hill wrote:Conveniently*

Mr Hill
It seems you have the same limited knowledge as I have
I'm sure you quoted a reduction after Loxton so no doubt you will be as baffled as I am to see a raise in the handicap
I will be totally honest I expected the same so I'm still at a loss to know how it works

22 Re: handicapping on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:27 am

S.hill

How can she have a reduction of handicap when she is not even entered in the women's gift?

I'm done replying to your stupidity.

I wish your daughter well.

23 Re: handicapping on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:01 pm

S.hill wrote:How can she have a reduction of handicap when she is not even entered in the women's gift?

I'm done replying to your stupidity.

I wish your daughter well.
The women's 120 the mark was 12.5 and the now the handicap for flagstaff has been taken off the site
Within the last hour
Weather it was a miss print I don't know
But no handicaps up on tha SAAL SITE NOW
I wouldn't have sent the message had I not seen it but if it was miss print I appologise to you

24 Re: handicapping on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:27 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
TrevorPayne,

You've shared some really interesting insights into your experiences with handicapping. I was wondering whether you had any thoughts about the implications SA handicapping might have on the Stawell 120m Women's event?

25 Re: handicapping on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:31 pm

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Trevor, your ranting and carry on has now gone beyond tiresome to downright annoying. Unfortunately professional running contains no logic when it comes to handicapping, suck it up and move on. Either let your daughter compete and stop your whining or pull her out of the sport and stop whining. Either way, stop whining. Please consider how your actions would be impacting on your daughter and STFU!

26 Re: handicapping on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:39 pm

I appologise I did read it wrong
Mr hill please accept my appology feel free to call me the Moran etc

27 Re: handicapping on Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:23 pm

1st leg
I did say it would easier to final at the nationals.
Even with a dad like me.
Your right no logic

28 Re: handicapping on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:36 pm

birdman

Hate to burst ur bubble trevor but all relays at junior nationals are straight finals

29 Re: handicapping on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Hate to burst yours but the 400 hurdles under 17's wasn't.
Another year at that age group. They didn't have that video though.
Posted  a top six time nationally.
The second best by any age group in SA.
That's me done Peter.
Good luck next year you have some quality athletes all the best.

30 Re: handicapping on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:17 pm

birdman

Trevor individual races have heats and finals
Congrats to ur daughter

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum