PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sprint handicap womens

Sprint handicap womens

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Sprint handicap womens on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:57 pm

Sorry to say we have pulled out of the women's 120
At hector ville really struggle to make any sense of the handicapping and can't see the point in updating times from club day as these are clearly ignored.
We have athletes constantly winning heats and getting podium finishes on a regular basis and yet the handicap has stayed at 12.5 all season .they have a time of 12.87 for the 100 and yet get 2-3 and 4 metres start on athletes with rankings in the 13's.
I can't see the point racing this event in future.
Which is a shame

2 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:30 pm

birdman

im guessing u like things to be handed to ur daughter on a silver platter....get her coach to get her faster and the handicaps take care of themselves ,its pretty simple I think , instead of whinging....just my opinion

3 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:29 pm

birdman wrote:im guessing u like things to be handed to ur daughter on a silver platter....get her coach to get her faster and the handicaps take care of themselves ,its  pretty simple I think , instead of whinging....just my opinion

Not at all Birdman  I like a good competition, I  wish you had a proper name as it seems like I'm talking to a sad CB enthusiast.
Really glad you mentioned getting faster BIRDMAN because then you would expect her to be handicapped even more which would be the right thing which is my point and your
point it seems.
Maybe best sticking to the CB BIRDMAN and that's a big 10-4 from me.
Maybe check out the results first though before replying again. ROGER and OUT
Just my opinion!

4 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:53 pm

S.hill

Trevor you're the only one that should be looking at the results
Your daughter hasn't been running women's gift races consistently
Those who do get lifted more frequently and rewarded for their efforts.
Pretty simple process really.

Also the athlete who keeps making the podium but isn't being pulled. Probably isn't being pulled because she hasn't won a women's gift. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also "WE" pulled out.
No you did not, you are not entered, your daughter did.

Also posting something like this is probably bringing a lot of unnecessary attention to her. Maybe speak to the handicapper more privately instead next time.

5 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Betina

This is just another example as to why SAAL needs to produce a clear rule book that guides the practice of our sport. Until then handicaps will feel like a lottery draw and 'pulls' will seem subjective.
Do you know the rules of our sport? Neither do I.

6 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:38 am

Jenkins

TREVORPAYNE I think you are uneducated in the sport of Pro Racing. The athlete that you have singled out has run constantly in women's races throughout this season and previous ones. Her handicap would have been very similar to your daughters when she first began her pro running endeavours. I think it is best as mentioned above that instead of worrying about other athletes focus on your own race and the results will show for themselves.

If you are not happy with this system then maybe you should stick to the track.

7 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:17 pm

airtight

If you get involved in a new sport and engage a coach I assume he knows something about the sport. Not being from SA I don't know who this girl is but sounds like her dad is her coach? bad luck for the kid that she has a coach who knows so little about how the sport operates.

8 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Hi Trevor
I wasnt going to post anymore on this site for this season as I am a bit fed up with the Whisper stalkers and sheep who enjoy only coming on here to have a go at me instead of promoting the Sport.
Have to let you know though that you need some help in having it explained to you how the system works.
It doesnt matter how many heats you win or how many times you are on the dais, you wont lose your current handicap unless you win, earn a certain amount of cash for a placing in a big race, break ceiling or run a pb.
Trevor , obtain yourself a copy of the rules of competition and read sections 9 and 10.
Your daughter has done quite well by not having run hardly any OPEN 120m and being awarded a mark above the novice mark.
You refer to the girl on 12.50m , not sure which one , but check the results of Brighton 2011 and you will see that one of these girls had the novice mark of 7.50m yes 7.50m, she finished last in her heat but gave the handicapper a look at her in an Open event.and over the years by running consistanly at meetings in Open events her mark has stabilised at 12.50.
By choosing not to run which is your choice dont expect to be gifted extra metres.
Trevor I cant emphasise enough , turn up and run and run .
Must however alert you to the section in the rules though , make sure you have a read , where the handicapper can use his/her discretion to alter a handicap for natural improvement for athletes under 21.

9 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:00 pm

Jenkins wrote:TREVORPAYNE I think you are uneducated in the sport of Pro Racing. The athlete that you have singled out has run constantly in women's races throughout this season and previous ones. Her handicap would have been very similar to your daughters when she first began her pro running endeavours. I think it is best as mentioned above that instead of worrying about other athletes focus on your own race and the results will show for themselves.

Having educated myself today and spoke to the office at SAAL.
I am even more dismayed. I asked the question as to why 5 athletes who constantly make the finals of the 120 women's had not had there handicaps reduced.As they significantly faster PBS's than quite a few other athletes.
I was informed that until they have won a significant race ie money wise that's their handicaps would remain the same regardless of how many finals podium finishes and wins they had in the season.
none of the athletes have ever faced each other in a heat so always gaurenteed a final spot.
So sorry for sounding like an uneducated whinger but when like everyone else that pays a subscription at the beginning of the season and race fees I expect some kind of level playing field
The only person I would apologise to regarding this is the race handicapper as I didn't know his hands where tied this way.
Under this system I can't see any point in having a go at the Bay as the system has already signified out who will compete the races.
Which is even further wrong as there are licences book makers there.
And to put the record straight when last years Tea Tree Gully race was going to be axed because they could not get anyone to take the trailer I volunteered even though my daughter wasn't running as not to spoil everyone's day ie I live in Port Noarlunga so a long trip.
I also sponsored 2 sache's that my daughter didn't run in so not to spoil the day.
Sometime criticism is good this is not just about daughter it's about the sport overall.
Maybe we should be looking at all the scratching and as to why heats are getting run with just 3 runners.
Take the rose coloured glasses off.

10 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:07 pm

Betina wrote:This is just another example as to why SAAL needs to produce a clear rule book that guides the practice of our sport. Until then handicaps will feel like a lottery draw and 'pulls' will seem subjective.
Do you know the rules of our sport? Neither do I.

I am just letting everyone know my response as to what I found out today
Jenkins wrote:
TREVORPAYNE I think you are uneducated in the sport of Pro Racing. The athlete that you have singled out has run constantly in women's races throughout this season and previous ones. Her handicap would have been very similar to your daughters when she first began her pro running endeavours. I think it is best as mentioned above that instead of worrying about other athletes focus on your own race and the results will show for themselves.

I am even more dismayed. I asked the question as to why 5 athletes who constantly make the finals of the 120 women's had not had there handicaps reduced.As they significantly faster PBS's than quite a few other athletes.
I was informed that until they have won a significant race ie money wise that's their handicaps would remain the same regardless of how many finals podium finishes and wins they had in the season.
none of the athletes have ever faced each other in a heat so always gaurenteed a final spot.
So sorry for sounding like an uneducated whinger but when like everyone else that pays a subscription at the beginning of the season and race fees I expect some kind of level playing field
The only person I would apologise to regarding this is the race handicapper as I didn't know his hands where tied this way.
Under this system I can't see any point in having a go at the Bay as the system has already signified out who will compete the races.
And to put the record straight when last years Tea Tree Gully race was going to be axed because they could not get anyone to take the trailer I volunteered even though my daughter wasn't running as not to spoil everyone's day ie I live in Port Noarlunga so a long trip.
I also sponsored 2 sache's that my daughter didn't run in so not to spoil the day.
Sometime criticism is good this is not just about daughter it's about the sport overall.
Maybe we should be looking at all the scratching and as to why heats are getting run with just 3 runners.

11 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:09 pm

airtight wrote:If you get involved in a new sport and engage a coach I assume he knows something about the sport. Not being from SA I don't know who this girl is but sounds like her dad is her coach? bad luck for the kid that she has a coach who knows so little about how the sport operates.

No the dad her coach but she will have more chance of making the finals at the nationals in Perth.
But I have taken time out today to find out about my concerns for the pro running and even more dismayed.
Jenkins wrote:

12 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:17 pm

Whispers wrote: Hi Trevor
I wasnt going to post anymore on this site for this season as I am a bit fed up with the Whisper stalkers and sheep who enjoy only coming on here to have a go at me instead of promoting the Sport.
Have to let you know though that you need some help in having it explained to you how the system works.
It doesnt matter how many heats you win or how many times you are on the dais, you wont lose your current handicap unless you win, earn a certain amount of cash for a placing in a big race, break ceiling or run a pb.
Trevor , obtain yourself a copy of the rules of competition and read sections 9 and 10.
Your daughter has done quite well by not having run hardly any OPEN 120m and being awarded a mark above the novice mark.
You refer to the girl on 12.50m , not sure which one , but check the results of Brighton 2011 and you will see that one of these girls had the novice mark of 7.50m yes 7.50m, she finished last in her heat but gave the handicapper a look at her in an Open event.and over the years by running consistanly at meetings in Open events her mark has stabilised at 12.50.
By choosing not to run which is your choice dont expect to be gifted extra metres.
Trevor I cant emphasise enough , turn up and run and run .
Must however alert you to the section in the rules though , make sure you have a read , where the handicapper can use his/her discretion to alter a handicap for natural improvement for athletes under 21.

Hi thanks for the reply it wasn't just one athlete it is 5 that never race each other in heats and continually make the final and podium.
I can't see how it's fair to take race fees from people who have no chance of winning .
They have PBS Than other athletes and where as other athletes handicaps are reduced they constantly stay the same .this isn't competitor its repatition .
I would look at the amount of scratching there were yesterday and at Camden alarm bells should be ringing when you only have 3 people run a heat all gaurenteed a final spot.
This isn't good for the sport at all.

13 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:19 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
I've read some insane comments on the forum, but this has to take the cake -

"I asked the question as to why 5 athletes who constantly make the finals of the 120 women's had not had there handicaps reduced.As they significantly faster PBS's than quite a few other athletes."

There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.Sounds like Trevor you can't be told. Give it a rest, you are making a fool of yourself.

14 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:20 pm

TREVORPAYNE wrote:
birdman wrote:im guessing u like things to be handed to ur daughter on a silver platter....get her coach to get her faster and the handicaps take care of themselves ,its  pretty simple I think , instead of whinging....just my opinion

Not at all Birdman  I like a good competition, I  wish you had a proper name as it seems like I'm talking to a sad CB enthusiast.
Really glad you mentioned getting faster BIRDMAN because then you would expect her to be handicapped even more which would be the right thing which is my point and your
point it seems.
Maybe best sticking to the CB BIRDMAN and that's a big 10-4 from me.
Maybe check out the results first though before replying again. ROGER and OUT

Jenkins wrote:

Just my opinion!

15 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:04 pm

Aarion

Why is there so many respondents ready to slam this bloke after his first post which was a question about the handicap system. If you can help him understand give him an explanation or point him the right direction. Only one bloke had the decency to do this.
I had the same question regarding submitting ASA times as I thought they were taken into consideration for handicapping (SAALrule 9.2).
Giving people stick won't enhance the sport, or encourage more to take it up.

16 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:00 pm

The Morphy Mongrel wrote:I've read some insane comments on the forum, but this has to take the cake -

"I asked the question as to why 5 athletes who constantly make the finals of the 120 women's had not had there handicaps reduced.As they significantly faster PBS's than quite a few other athletes."

There are so many things wrong with this I don't know where to start.Sounds like Trevor you can't be told. Give it a rest, you are making a fool of yourself.

Please point out what is wrong as I believe education is good so I eagerly await your reply.

17 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:11 pm

apex

Who are the 5 athletes you mentioned and the specific athlete you mentioned?

18 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:56 pm

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

Two entries in a women's 120m? A fourteen year old girl? Thank god not all fathers are so impatient. The coach should be all over this. The coach's job is to know how the system works and informthe athlete. The parent should let the kid accumulate enough starts for the handicapper to properly assess her mark. Let her enjoy her athletics without the pressure of expectation.

19 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:35 pm

Betina

Apex you do not need names. Answer his question. Id like to know the answer too.

The question probably should be, how have athletes with better handicaps than their PBs not won a sash yet?

Pro running you need to take with a pinch of salt.

20 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:47 pm

S.hill

His daughter has run two women's 120M
TWO
I guarantee anyone who is Infront of her has run more than two gifts regardless of pbs

From that post aswell if she is only 14 years of age she also is well and truly under the handicappers discretion
They are not going to throw her out too 14-15M have her improve A second by next season which is well and truly possible with maturity and a growth spurt and win the bay Sheffield

How hard is that too understand

21 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:59 am

ShaneMcK

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper
Whilst I agree with your comments, I feel your point is only part-way there;

The coach's job is to know how the system works and inform the athlete
Yes, BUT the coach's job is to firstly improve the athletic capacity of the athlete within the athlete's maturity and abilities.

The parent should let the kid accumulate enough starts for the handicapper to properly assess her mark. Let her enjoy her athletics without the pressure of expectation.
This comment can't be highlighted enough! There are far too many parents involved (read: interfering) with the coach and their models/methods etc. Feedback is vital, no matter where it comes from, and each and every coach should look at all comments as an opportunity to learn something. No matter what it is, there is something to take from all situations. Only a fool would look past it. But coaches should not be interfered with unless there is clearly a poor athlete-coach relationship that isn't working, then a parent can chime to support your daughter.

I coach approximately 24 athletes, of them 5 are over the age of 20. Not one parent has ever involved or interfered with a training session. Not one parent has tried to get me to change the way I coach, or tell me what their kid "should" be doing etc. Any kid I coach, who has specific requirements that need to be addressed, their parents tell me at the start, and I work with that information. If I need feedback or assistance, then I ask them. It works really well.

TREVORPAYNE
I impress upon my athletes (aged from 14 to 21), learn your craft and DO NOT worry about  handicaps, in the right time, they will make finals and will win. I make it clear to all my athletes, at this age (up to about age 16), winning is NOT THE GOAL. It's practicing and improving the essentials of what a successful athlete needs to be. Strength, Speed, Acceleration, Mobility, Flexibility, Coordination, Mental Aptitude, Training Ethic, etc. ASCA 101 (Long Term Athlete Development)

As a friend of mine once told me, "when you are fit and ready, you will win in Dunlop Volleys". This came from a Stawell Gift winner and one of the fastest Aussies over 200m. I think he's well qualified to make that statement.

I'd be suggesting at age 14, let her enjoy athletics. All forms of athletics. Impress upon the need to progress and develop as an athlete, as a young woman.

I've followed this post and I have come to the conclusion, that you want your daughter to be up there with the best now, at 14. As WAMMH stated, let her enjoy her athletics and let her progress at her rate, otherwise, she will walk away from the sport as she'd be doing for the wrong reasons.

Handicaps will always be a moot point. There will always be someone on a mark that causes others to complain. But spend the time focusing on the things you have control of. Handicaps and other athletes are factors she and her coach have no control over. Her development is what they will have control over.

Rather than having a crack at you (this goes for the others who have too), your questions are all valid. They are somewhat on the uneducated/ignorant side. Ignorant is a term here that is not being used in a disrespectful way. It's clear you are new to "League Athletics". It takes time to understand the handicapping process and system. We all still learn. My suggestion would be to address these matters directly with the handicapper, rather than on a public forum, because you will likely hear things you don't want to hear from multiple sources. At least if you are 1:1 with the handicapper, you will only hear it from one source.

By the time your daughter is 16 or 17, she will be racing just fine (providing she is still involved that is) and you will look back on these early years and wonder where the time went. She will be there soon enough.

This is only my opinion, take it or leave it, your choice.

T: twitter.com/ShaneMcKenzie | C: Athletics Australia iCoach Profile
http://www.shanemckenzie.com

22 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
As another more famous Shane once said. THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! Well said Mr McKenzie.

Betina, Betina Betina, take pro running with a pinch of salt hey? Don't treat this sport with contempt. Without this sport you would be a nobody.
(Assuming you are not elite. Laughing )

23 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:57 pm

apex wrote:Who are the 5 athletes you mentioned and the specific athlete you mentioned?

Thank you
I never mentioned any athlete at all and nor was it just about my daughter, though I never realised how the system worked until whispers and the office pointed it out
I personally thought that repeatedly having races with final spots gaurenteed wasn't right.
Sorry for upsetting the apple cart

24 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:05 pm

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper wrote:Two entries in a women's 120m? A fourteen year old girl? Thank god not all fathers are so impatient. The coach should be all over this. The coach's job is to know how the system works and informthe athlete. The parent should let the kid accumulate enough starts for the handicapper to properly assess her mark. Let her enjoy her athletics without the pressure of expectation.

Thank you
For your reply
I thought everytime she ran a PB and I informed the office this would assist them.
As the times for a lot of these athletes are shared between SAAL and Athletics Sa. Plus the fact they share the same offices it wouldn't take a great deal of effort to  see how some one running high 12 Sec for a 100 and athletes running 13 to high 13's for the 100 . Why the slower are placed further back.
But having been educated by whispers  I see what the format is.
Personally don't agree but I now understand.

Last edited by TREVORPAYNE on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

25 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:15 pm

ShaneMcK wrote:WhataboutmeMrHandicapper
Whilst I agree with your comments, I feel your point is only part-way there;

The coach's job is to know how the system works and inform the athlete
Yes, BUT the coach's job is to firstly improve the athletic capacity of the athlete within the athlete's maturity and abilities.

The parent should let the kid accumulate enough starts for the handicapper to properly assess her mark. Let her enjoy her athletics without the pressure of expectation.
This comment can't be highlighted enough! There are far too many parents involved (read: interfering) with the coach and their models/methods etc. Feedback is vital, no matter where it comes from, and each and every coach should look at all comments as an opportunity to learn something. No matter what it is, there is something to take from all situations. Only a fool would look past it. But coaches should not be interfered with unless there is clearly a poor athlete-coach relationship that isn't working, then a parent can chime to support your daughter.

I coach approximately 24 athletes, of them 5 are over the age of 20. Not one parent has ever involved or interfered with a training session. Not one parent has tried to get me to change the way I coach, or tell me what their kid "should" be doing etc. Any kid I coach, who has specific requirements that need to be addressed, their parents tell me at the start, and I work with that information. If I need feedback or assistance, then I ask them. It works really well.

TREVORPAYNE
I impress upon my athletes (aged from 14 to 21), learn your craft and DO NOT worry about  handicaps, in the right time, they will make finals and will win. I make it clear to all my athletes, at this age (up to about age 16), winning is NOT THE GOAL. It's practicing and improving the essentials of what a successful athlete needs to be. Strength, Speed, Acceleration, Mobility, Flexibility, Coordination, Mental Aptitude, Training Ethic, etc. ASCA 101 (Long Term Athlete Development)

As a friend of mine once told me, "when you are fit and ready, you will win in Dunlop Volleys". This came from a Stawell Gift winner and one of the fastest Aussies over 200m. I think he's well qualified to make that statement.

I'd be suggesting at age 14, let her enjoy athletics. All forms of athletics. Impress upon the need to progress and develop as an athlete, as a young woman.

I've followed this post and I have come to the conclusion, that you want your daughter to be up there with the best now, at 14. As WAMMH stated, let her enjoy her athletics and let her progress at her rate, otherwise, she will walk away from the sport as she'd be doing for the wrong reasons.

Handicaps will always be a moot point. There will always be someone on a mark that causes others to complain. But spend the time focusing on the things you have control of. Handicaps and other athletes are factors she and her coach have no control over. Her development is what they will have control over.

Rather than having a crack at you (this goes for the others who have too), your questions are all valid. They are somewhat on the uneducated/ignorant side. Ignorant is a term here that is not being used in a disrespectful way. It's clear you are new to "League Athletics". It takes time to understand the handicapping process and system. We all still learn. My suggestion would be to address these matters directly with the handicapper, rather than on a public forum, because you will likely hear things you don't want to hear from multiple sources. At least if you are 1:1 with the handicapper, you will only hear it from one source.

By the time your daughter is 16 or 17, she will be racing just fine (providing she is still involved that is) and you will look back on these early years and wonder where the time went. She will be there soon enough.

This is only my opinion, take it or leave it, your choice.
I hear what you are saying and in a lot of ways agree but every athlete will win eventually as I now understand the system .
Weather you are a good coach or a good runner .
I have made the mistake and big enough to put my hands up.
I thought it was about competition not participation and I admire the athletes from both ends.
My argument was about being able to predict the finalists. As the previous posts point out my uneducated knowledge of how things are awarded.
Then I can only say sorry.

26 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:27 pm

TREVORPAYNE wrote:
WhataboutmeMrHandicapper wrote:Two entries in a women's 120m? A fourteen year old girl? Thank god not all fathers are so impatient. The coach should be all over this. The coach's job is to know how the system works and informthe athlete. The parent should let the kid accumulate enough starts for the handicapper to properly assess her mark. Let her enjoy her athletics without the pressure of expectation.
Thank you
For your reply
I thought everytime she ran a PB and I informed the office this would assist them.
As the times for a lot of these athletes are shared between SAAL and Athletics Sa. Plus the fact they share the same offices it wouldn't take a great deal of effort to  see how some one running high 12 Sec for a 100 and athletes running 13 to high 13's for the 100 . Why the slower are placed further back.
But having been educated by whispers and not the sheep I see what the format is.

But I will add I don't think it was right of SA athletics to have the state relays on the same day as the Loxton carnival as  this date was pre booked ages ago. So I would feel aggrieved if the fields where Di I shed by this.

27 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:39 pm

OldandSlow

I don't think there is a reason to apologise as there are far worst things people post on this forum.

End of the day if we want people to take up and stay in this sport we need to educate them on the system rather than ridicule them online.

I think the correct response has now been given (thanks Shane for taking the time to detail it) and do hope this doesn't distract you (TrevorPayne) from posting again or asking more questions in the future.

Good luck!

28 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:56 pm

TREVORPAYNE wrote:
Thank you
For your reply
But having been educated by whispers and not the sheep I see what the format is.

But I will add I don't think it was right of SA athletics to have the state relays on the same day as the Loxton carnival as  this date was pre booked ages ago. So I would feel aggrieved if the fields where Dminshedi  by this.

29 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:06 pm

It was expectation that was my point and again not just about my daughter. I could of picked many athletes but didn't think it was right to put names down of other athletes.
Though I do know understand the system, which I agree with  in principle for junior events but not for the open races. I think diminishes the concept of competition.
This is only a personal opinion though and probably should keep to my self.

Though that is just a personal opinion.

30 Re: Sprint handicap womens on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:22 pm

S.hill wrote:Trevor you're the only one that should be looking at the results
Your daughter hasn't been running women's gift races consistently
Those who do get lifted more frequently and rewarded for their efforts.
Pretty simple process really.

Also the athlete who keeps making the podium but isn't being pulled. Probably isn't being pulled because she hasn't won a women's gift. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also "WE" pulled out.
No you did not, you are not entered, your daughter did.

Also posting something like this is probably bringing a lot of unnecessary attention to her. Maybe speak to the handicapper more privately instead next time.

I have tried to reply to everyone.
It's quite obvious my lack of knowledge which I now admit.
As I have stated today I can agree in principal of the system regarding youth ie under 14's -17's but for the open races I think it diminshes the concept of a competition .especially when you can predict who will compete the final.
I didn't realise it was based on participation rather than competition, which is why I thought that was the principal of the handicap
Which was my mistake.
Sorry for my misunderstanding .

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum