PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Encouraging mediocre

Encouraging mediocre

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Encouraging mediocre on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Offthelimit

What's the matter with this generation of 400m runners, clearly they are just relying on the numbers beside there name in the program, I noticed that a 42 year old was running in the red off 27m at trinity. Seriously how can this happen? These young blokes need to pull there finger out

2 Re: Encouraging mediocre on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:25 pm

timrosen35

Kim Collins is 40 this year and ran 9.9 last season. Age isn't everything!

I would say it says more about how Shane is still a quality athlete who works his ass off than anything against the younger guys in front of him. Also it was quite a small 400 which sees a lot of the quality backmarkers skip it.

3 Re: Encouraging mediocre on Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:28 pm

Offthelimit

Agree to some extent Tim I think Shane used to run off single figures so it's no surprise he still runs well, but these 18,19,20 year old kids are to reliant on big marks now, I realise this is the system but the system needs to be altered slightly. Maybe a system where when they are in a certain age bracket they are brought back some what to encourage a big winter of training to improve not just for ticks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum