PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Trinity Results

Trinity Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: Trinity Results on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:39 pm

airtight

Trying to get my head around the Stuart Rooke situation. He had 9 at Stawell, ran a fast time 12.32 in heat and close 2nd in semi 12.47.
Goes to Queenbeyan has a serious crack off 9.25, runs 12.18.
Starting mark was 8.5, reduced to 8 after Queenbeyan.
Misses the Bay, Maryborough, Ballarat, Ok he wants to have a crack at Stawell.
Currentlyy his Stawell mark is likely to be 8. BUT if he wins a smaller gift like Trinty -gets an auto lift to 8.5. Does he think he win off 8? Why not guarantee yourself another .5?
Maybe Ararat?

2 Re: Trinity Results on Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:59 pm

The Sheik

According to the GRAPEVINE

3 Dunbar !!! on Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Hollywood Central

Can someone tell me if Dunbar got an NAP for his gift run ?

4 Re: Trinity Results on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:25 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Does it matter? Cam Dunbar runs about 90% of the VAL meets every year and has so for the best part of 16 years.  I just reckon if you can't work out what Cam Dunbar can do by now off his marks, you are not a very good judge.  What is he now? 35? Off 8.0m? Pretty good effort to remain competitive for as long as he has. From what I can gather, there's faster athletes than Dunbar sitting on marks around 8.0m right now.

One thing I have gleaned from watching Cam over the journey, he enjoys making finals & picking up an envelope with some money in it (Don't we all?). If he fails to make a final I suspect it hasn't been for want of trying. If I was a steward/handicapper in the VAL, Cam Dunbar having a bad run somewhere would not cause me any concerns.

5 Re: Trinity Results on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:50 am

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Spot on, was $200 for last place in the Gift final (more than most winning prizemoney in the SAAL) versus $20 for losing semi finalist, so pretty sure Cam was trying to make the final.
He finished 2nd in his semi but didn't get through because of this fixation on taking winners and times (which I don't like) so he beat home 6 other runners in the semi. Hardly what I would call a poor run.

6 Re: Trinity Results on Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:55 am

airtight

EGGS-ZACHARY. He's a chip off the old block. a Dunbar would be filthy missing out on 180 bucks.

7 Re: Trinity Results on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:23 am

Hitman17

Great job by Steph Mollica making her debut as a race caller. Very impressive maiden performance so hopefully we get to hear her more often

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum