PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Maiden Rosebery Gift for Brandon Clark at the 2017 Rosebery Carnival
Today at 10:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Results
Yesterday at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men

Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men

Who wins Yarra Ranges 300m Men's?

7% 7% [ 6 ]
8% 8% [ 7 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
7% 7% [ 6 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
7% 7% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
7% 7% [ 6 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
13% 13% [ 11 ]
9% 9% [ 8 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 86

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Mex

I am really looking forward to this one. The 300m Gift races always produce some outstanding performances. What do we think about this one?

2 Re: Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men on Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:54 pm

Offthelimit

Are the 300's ran in lanes? If so it's a race for the backpackers

3 Re: Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:24 am

vicoutsider

Being on the rubber I'm expecting this 300 to be run in blistering pace. I wonder what sort of wind is typically present there in the home straight, Shane?

I am very much looking forward to viewing what I believe will be one of the great sprints of this season!

My final

Matthew Hargreaves 8
Tough nut to beat off this distance and the best placed of the backies. The boy every parent wan't see their daughter bring home.

Oliver Wurm 14
The wurm burner is improving slowly and finishes off really well. Hasn't been awesome, though I think he'll do well here.

Dion Paull 16
The famous Dion mustard is going to be all over this gift. Unlucky not to win at St. Albans, though I think he's improved and got the legs to easily make the final.

Cam Dunbar 17 (top 3)
Didn't run at Maribyrnong after doing a full day at Wang and making 2 finals. Will podium here if he polishes his scone in time and he shows up.

Paul Tancredi 18 (top 3)
Close in the 400m at Stawell and on top of his speed already, he'll do well. Seems to be taking turns for the Gift wins with his training partner Angelakos at the moment.

Shane Ezard 20
I like watching Shane compete, the old hand bag is a hard worker and is one of the few vets who are in a class of their own.

Noddy Angelakos 27
Ran a super 200 or so in his heat of the 300m at Maribyrnong, though looked as if he was saving a few beans. Not sure can win but can final. Missed wang, missed Maribyrnong, bet he won't miss Rat race..

Lawrence Coop 30 (top 3)
I can see the local paper's title already "Flying the Coop in the Gift". Another great mark for Coop and another final. Probably did himself a favour not winning at Maribyrnong...Only Tancredi or Dunbar can beat, otherwse 1st!

Nick Howard 32 OR Justin Cohen 33
More hot and cold than my old fridge, Howard easily ran the quickest time at St. Albans and then faded in the final. Don't think he's run since, anyone? A certainty to final if he misses Ringwood. Cohen Finished a fraction a head of Howard at St. Albans and scratching my head or which one to add, I'm thinking one or the other will make it but not both.

Tomislav Hecimovic 48
Might need a metcard to go out to his mark in this 300, but he's a bloody hard competitor to run down. One of the few fronties that can finish on well on his day.
Will improve from St. Albans 300. Hitman is my darky here.

Lonain Burnett will be next in the final..

The Final

Hargreaves
Wurm
Paull
Dunbar
Tancredi
Ezard
Angelakos
Coop
Howard
Hecimovic

Coop to win.

4 Re: Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:39 pm

GLPR

final:
hargreaves
paull
mitchell
burnett
angelakos
coop
rosen
cohen
hecimovic
hilson

coop to win

5 Re: Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:53 pm

Mex

I cannot wait for this race. The 300m as a gift is always an interesting one and with good money attached to it it is definitely one to go for. I think the women's is a race in two, but this one has many opportunities. the voting is space enough , but there are a few chances.

Luke Stevens 0m (7%) - A very good runner who has shown he is capable of the very tight marks. He seems to be out of it before he literally sprints for home. He will make the final if he runs. Is this the focus for him this year? Is the 200m at Stawell? Is it pro running at all?

Matthew Hargreaves 8m (8%) - Can Hargreaves hold off Stevens starting only 8m in front of him? That is my question. Hargreaves has not set the world on fire in the sprints so this indicates to me that his targets are from 300m up. I hope he is fit as I like to watch him run, he seems honest.

Dion Paull 16m (7%) - One thing is for sure, we will not see Paull run in the short stuff this week. He won the 400m off a handy mark and still has a decent enough mark here to suggest he is a chance. Stevens will have to really work to get to him. We know Paull has had a good season so far, but just what they are doing with him is anyone's guess. Chance.

Hamish Adams 21m (7%) - I have been waiting for Hamish to do a little more. He seems a talent and has a descent mark for a 300m. He is developing as he gets older as when he first came on the scene I thought he might end up running alright. I am not sure if he will run this or the 400m at Ringwood. Probably better in the 400m.

Peter Knott 26m / Noddy Angelakos 27m (7%) - After watching Noddy recently, I can't help but think these votes are for him Peter. Noddy has made sure he hasn't run the smaller gifts to save his mark. A win here does not affect the chance of winning a gift, although, is this one too close to Ballarat? If he has a go he will be very close.

Lawrence Coop 30m / Glenn Stephens 31m (13%) - Coop has exposed form over the 400m previously and now over the gift distance. He is a good runner and learnt a lesson at Maribyrnong. Could do some real damage in the final and has to be a legitimate chance. Same as Noddy, will he run all out on the track the week before the Rat? Stephens has won plenty of 400m races, i cannot see him holding off Coop, handicap seems way too harsh for him.

Craig Foley 31m / Tim Rosen 32m (9%) - Foley will run, pull up hurt and run next week without a problem. Too far for him at the moment. These votes for Rosen are just for fun I think. Don't see him winning this one.

This final will be huge.

6 Re: Yarra Ranges 300m Gift Men on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:08 pm

ShaneMcK

Well Mex,
Lawrence flew the Coop and took home the choccies with an awesome race. The tipsters weren't too far off the marks with their polls on this one. Kudos to you all & well played!
Turned out to be a close finish in the end, Lawrence was the obvious winner, Luke Stevens flying home on the outside to finish just outside the podium still managed 33 second 300m! Tankers and Dirty Dion flanked Lawrence on the podium, both with big runs.
The last 4 major 400m at Ballarat, Keilor, Bendigo and Stawell are set to have some hot racing if this 300m is anything to go by.
It certainly was a great race to watch, and the sponsor, "Car City" owner Tony Stewart was very impressed with both the Women's and Men's 300s and expressed his interest in next year's event, so we might see it back again in 2017 by the looks!

http://www.shanemckenzie.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum