PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Today at 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Marion results

Marion results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Marion results on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Does anyone have the results from Sunday evening at marion.

2 Re: Marion results on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Whispers doesnt mind helping you Trevor

http://www.saal.org.au/index.php?id=30&meeting=94

3 Re: Marion results on Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Open 300m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b5Vm6b8R5c

4 Re: Marion results on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:40 pm

racingmania

Camden Classic could be very exciting if big Deng lets go like at Marion.

5 Re: Marion results on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks whispers I kept checking but the latest results was saying the bay.
Cheers for the reply

6 Re: Marion results on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:13 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
racingmania wrote:Camden Classic could be very exciting if big Deng lets go like at Marion.

Many thanks to Ali for the video of the 300m Open

You are right Racingmania about Deng , he always looks like he has an extra gear.Will certainly be thereabouts at Camden.
My early tip is the White runner, (did he get pulled in ) from Marion.Replay the video a couple of times and you will see what I mean , Only got warm in the last 40m.

Its amazing what you pick up in a video replay.
For example the quick start of the Black runner who then had to check himself off the Pink runner within the first 30m.

Totally missed the fall of the Pink runner on the night as my eyes were on the front brigade and so were the Chief Stewards as the video shows.Whos fault , did the yellow cut in to quick, if so maybe should have been shown the RED card.Pink runner not happy after the race , either with himself or with the other runner.What does everyone else think , Fall caused by yellow runner or Pink runner inflicts his own fall.

7 Re: Marion results on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:15 pm

Spiderman

What do you know? Whispers again trying to pick up someone non trying! Sounds like a broken record to me or a sook, take your pick!

8 Re: Marion results on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Spiderman wrote:What do you know? Whispers again trying to pick up someone non trying! Sounds like a broken record to me or a sook, take your pick!

Below Spiderman is a few clips and only a few clips of when you have posted straight after Whispers has posted
Its almost a SLANDER against Whispers or like you say a broken record.

I never continually attack anyone personally.

Just thought I would let everyone know what you are posting and how intelligent you are baa baa baa

What do you know? Whispers again trying to pick up someone non trying! Sounds like a broken record to me or a sook, take your pick!

What do you know? Whispers complaining of someone not trying! Sounds like a broken record!

stop having a cry Whispers! Get over it

Gee Whispers, all you do is complain about people non trying or "losing time"

How about talk about the great results from other runners!

I mean great as in a great achievement for those athletes running. You can only beat who shows up. the days of "great" running as you would call it in SA may have to wait a while as mentioned in a previous topic.

As for you calling it as you see it, didn't you just say you missed the last meet, so why make some bold statements if you weren't there to witness it in person. Perhaps next time read the results and keep your conspiracies to yourself because the days of accusing people of non trying are finally over.

stupid comment! Does that mean if it is a quick track and a tail, the boys should get a lift? Leave it the way it is, that's pro running. I think most of those Juniors haven't trained a lot since the Bay. Show your running and the handicapper will reward you. Make him look like a fool and expect nothing in return.

9 Re: Marion results on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Spiderman

hahahahahahaha I would put up all your posts about athletes not giving 100% but I can't be stuffed! Would you like a tissue? It's seems like everyone time I long on lately the last comment is Whispers talking about someone trying to go under the radar or losing time from heat to final. go post that stuff on Albany!

10 Re: Marion results on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:03 pm

racingmania

I'm getting what youngy and spiderman are on about. Whispers, that's close to the worse post you've put on protrack and that's saying something. Pointless.

11 Re: Marion results on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:47 pm

S.hill

Hilly agrees
Whispers you can clearly see the white runner get held up by the fall
Just focus on the brilliant run by deng mate!

12 Re: Marion results on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:32 pm

Linus

Whispers wrote:

My early tip is the White runner, (did he get pulled in ) from Marion.Replay the video a couple of times and you will see what I mean , Only got warm in the last 40m.

Its amazing what you pick up in a video replay.
For example the quick start of the Black runner who then had to check himself off the Pink runner within the first 30m.

Totally missed the fall of the Pink runner on the night as my eyes were on the front brigade and so were the Chief Stewards as the video shows.Whos fault , did the yellow cut in to quick, if so maybe should have been shown the RED card.Pink runner not happy after the race , either with himself or with the other runner.What does everyone else think , Fall caused by yellow runner or Pink runner inflicts his own fall.  

The yellow runner unknowingly created some havoc behind him. That being said the pink fell due to a minor check at best.

I agree that some individuals finish too strongly considering their mark while others choose to make racing look incredibly difficult. If only the SAAL issued a suspension for chronically doing it the hard way. But alas the culture of the league continues to spiral thanks to negative coaching and a lack of reprisal and honest performers. It’s a shame given how many impressionable juniors are progressing through the ranks. Meanwhile those entrenched in this culture profess that their sport is cheat free. Perhaps this will make them feel better when they do win?

Let’s hope that an honest performer can hold-off the sandbaggers at Camden. Wouldn’t it be nice?

13 Re: Marion results on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:02 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
"Honest performers"? What sport are you in?
Pros as a sport is based on the premise of maximising two variables:
1. An individual's capacity
2. An individual's handicap

To suggest that an athlete not racing at 100% of their capacity in every race they run is somehow contrary to the rules of the sport is an absurdity when one considers that performance is always affected by handicap, and handicap is directly proportional to the number of times an athlete competes without winning or placing.

To those who lament efforts they deem 'not up to scratch', I would suggest some introspection is necessary, for it is likely that two factors are at play:
A) There is resentment towards another athlete who has managed to play 'the game' very well (playing being a product of the equation: performance = individual capacity + individual handicap),
B) There is the realisation that you are not playing the game as well as you could (in relative terms), and given all races are between athletes, this matters greatly.

14 Re: Marion results on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:53 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
DizzyRunner thanks for your perspective. You are damned if you do and damned if you don't in this sport.

In 2008, Robbie James and I set our target on the Bay Sheffield. Robbie said he had never non-tried in his life and wasn't about to start non-trying. I was more than happy to go along with this and so we went about it (Bay Shef campaign) as honest as possible.

In previous seasons, Rob had never advanced to the semis nor won a heat of the Bay Sheffield. He had been running off 7.0m but was basically not in the contest.

No-one had ever complained about his 7.0m mark nor did they worry about him as a Bay contender.

But all that soon changed soon after he started running with YGTS.

In his first three starts of the 2008/2009 season he won all three races - the 100m at Hallett Cove, the 200m at Flinders, the 120m Reynella Gift.

AS we approached Mt Gambier, I advised him in order to maximise his Bay Sheffield chances I told him not to run the Mt Gambier Gift, only the 70m. The premise was at that point in time, he was probably only going to have one realistic chance of winning the Bay, while he could always return to Mt Gambier and have a crack at it some other time.  

Rob went to Mt Gambier, won the 70m and scratched from the Gift.  

He and I copped a lot of criticism from 'vested interests' for not running the Gift at Mt Gambier. The old Albany Athletic forum was saturated with critical posts from anonymous contributors demanding he be pulled back in the marks.

He was pulled - 0.25m, while several others were 'conveniently' lifted around him including a few very well performed interstaters.

Ultimately he missed the 2008 final by inches. The handicapper acknowledged he got it wrong and in 2009 he was given a decent chance finishing 2nd and he went on to run in two other finals off a lesser mark each time.

The purpose of sharing this is that even when an athlete's intentions are clear, he hasn't been lifted (nor sought a lift), he hasn't non-tried and he has competed with the utmost integrity, there are always some in this sport who choose to react with resentment and envy.

Don't worry about what you can't control.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum