PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » St Albans

St Albans

Who wins St Albans

10% 10% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
14% 14% [ 3 ]
29% 29% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
5% 5% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
19% 19% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 St Albans on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Mex

As we move to St Albans this week we see another healthy list of entries. Let's hope that the number of votes are the same. Well done to Noddy last week, after his pull he may still be in with a shot of the final here. We also see the return of Tim 'The Tool Man' Rosen looking for another final, he must be leading the sprinter of the year. Khan Marr is back as well as some other very interesting names. I hope they all run hard. The women's gift at Rye showed some clear fluffy tails, keep a watch over the coming weeks.

GLPR, I like your input, keep it coming. Not sure it was a competition but I picked the quinella, see my write up of Ararat for who a potential bunny is. Smile

Who do we think?

2 Re: St Albans on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:22 pm

GLPR

final:

marr
morehouse
procaccino
angelakos
flood
rosen

procaccino to win

Last edited by GLPR on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

3 Re: St Albans on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:04 am

vicoutsider

Been loving the work from both GLPR & Mex this season, keep it up!

Seeing as it's not Easter I'm not giving Marr a chance for the win, but will final if he's running.

Riali could also final and seeing as Ballarat is around the corner, I wonder if he'll start putting up some good times.

Tancredi is the surprise packet for me and one who seems to be getting better with age. Would love to see him get up, though he may be holding off for the Ā Stonnington/Keilor wkend..

Everyone's favourite coffee, Procaccino for the win! Ran a great final at Rye. He's an exciting talent, I gutted I missed watching him in Person on the wkend.

Angelakos should final despite the .75m pull and may go close again after winning Rye in a ripping raw time of 12.17s (12.43s adj)!! Was the wind really that strong? Would love to hear from someone who was there, Mex, that wind reading can't be right can it?

Coop, Rosen & Sharma will round out the finalists on Saturday, with Sharma being the best chance only on account of Rosen coming back from injury.

I've always enjoyed St. Albans and hopefully we have everyone running hard and see a good contest.

Marr albino
Riali
Tancredi
Procaccino
Angelakos
Coop
Rosen
Sharma

Procaccino for the win!
cheers

4 Re: St Albans on Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:51 pm

airtight

I will be absolutely shocked, stunned, staggered, amazed, bewildered, astonished, etc, if the coffee lad gets up at st albans.
Proccacino coffee designed for the autumn months of warm days and cold nights, its is a strong, rich blend of ballarat ground beans with a hint of chocolate - especially the chocolate unique to the production of easter eggs.

5 Re: St Albans on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:44 pm

Mex

Not a great deal of voting again with only 21 votes so far. Could be some interesting running tomorrow night, let's look at the chances.

Luke Stevens 1.25m / Khan Marr 3.25m (10%) - Luke looks like he is finding the back mark more difficult after his win earlier this season. Ran well at Rye and could not do any real damage. I think his best shot will be the 200m at Easter and after cruising in his heat at Maryborough and then in the final switching off when he realised he could not catch a flying Macgibbon and lost 3m. If he gets any lift for this race, just enjoy the show. Marr has tried to pick up extra yardage in a few races this season and you would think he may as well continue to try. I wonder if he will have a crack at one of the 100m races as he still struggles somewhat to run out a full gift. The bigger question is who is the pea for this stable?

Paul Tancredi 6.75m / Nicholas Repalust 7m (10%) - Tancredi pulled one out of the box last week at Rye with a great performance in the final. I for one did not think he was at that stage yet. Won a double last year and looks as good as then, so must be a chance of a final here. Repalust won the 70m last week again showing he has early speed but failed to make the final of the gift. My comments from last week stand that he is not yet ready to seriously challenge in a big final. Wait until next year.

Liam Procaccino 8m / Craig Rollinson 8m (14%) - Do you smell what 'The Proc' is cooking? Smells like chocolate. Ran a raw time of 12.1 at Rye, but in all honesty did not look like a Stawell Gift winner at this stage. I suppose that POD still does his sand boot camp thing, maybe Proc is just not sharp enough yet. Will he pick off a smaller race (Ringwood and Yarra have a handy half metre) or will he try to fill his pockets with betting money? One thing is for sure, we will find out how serious POD is with this bunny. Rollinson has not run much lately, just getting back into it by looks.

Sam Sabbatucci 8m / Dion Paul 8m (29%) - Sabbatucci does not appear to be a runner who has run much before. Ran 13.68 adjusted at Rye. If he is a new runner I would question how he is not on the novice mark, but then you don't have to do much these days to get handy lifts. Dion Paul made another final last week and is just getting his weekly allowance. He improved in time last week but made sure that there was someone in front of him by my books. Not sure what the plan is for him either. With a stable including Ware who already has an extra metre (seen him lately?) Marr who is going for a lift, Tiu who is starting to run better and Moss I wonder how you hold them all back.

Rupert Lugo 9.5m / Shane Woodrow 9.5m - Lugo is another one who has been looked after with handy lifts for little time served. Has very good early speed and has a generous mark in the gift. Will be a danger next year. Woodrow is not in form at the moment, might need a little more or will be sharpening up for a home town win.

Nick Howard 13m / Tim 'The Tool Man' Rosen 13 and plenty (19%) - Howard seems to be an honest runner who may have had a chance at a smaller gift this year if there was not incentives attached to others winning them. Not going to challenge here. Rosen has had a few weeks off but must just be priming himself for another win this season. He is always a chance and I would love to see him and Angelakos go head to head. Where would your money go? 'The Man' will be out in front for a little bit but will probably just take another pay cheque this week.

Good luck.

6 Re: St Albans on Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:57 pm

vicoutsider

Great work again Mex

7 Re: St Albans on Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:59 pm

GLPR

procaccino wins as predicted
flood and marr didn't run
rosen looked horrible

8 Re: St Albans on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:41 pm

vicoutsider

Tancredi also a no show, I suspect it would have been the same top 3 as in Rye had he run... Dunbar was a slight oversite, should have had him in my final, how does this man stay up for so long, kudos!

A solid final, though the red looked slightly disinterested in finishing..albeit a great run to finish 4th. Thinking a gold rush is being planned instead...

Procaccino a deserving victor airtight will surely be feeling shocked, stunned and staggered waking up this morning... Rosen & Sharma maybe done for this part of the season. Angelakos another good showing and another 2nd, 3votes for trying, a good chance at Wang maybe?

Women's Gidt final :
http://youtu.be/xYN_TUuNhX4

Men's gift final :
http://youtu.be/hmJOqGeCjSA

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum