PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Rye Gift

Rye Gift

Who wins Rye?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
19% 19% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
25% 25% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
25% 25% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rye Gift on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Mex

After a very busy period both in Victoria and interstate we move down to Rye. Who do we like?

2 Re: Rye Gift on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:25 pm

GLPR

no rosen? thought he wouldve been right in this

final:
morehouse
ware
dunbar
procaccino
paull
angelakos

angelakos to win

3 Re: Rye Gift on Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:35 pm

airtight

If Angelakos is a chance so must be whittaker. methinks DW beats NA at level marks.
Whitaker was 3rd at Daylesford beating morehouse, paull, dunbar.

4 Re: Rye Gift on Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Bang bang

Hey Mex, have missed your write ups the last few gifts, why would that be? Is it because you haven't been running?

5 Re: Rye Gift on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:21 pm

vicoutsider

Michael Kember, the winner of Daylesford 100, was beaten in the final by NA the day before at Maryborough. Though DW didn't run on 1/1 and NA didn't run on the 2/1.

My final is:
Morehouse
Repalust
Dunbar
Spencer
Paull
Angelakos

Repalust To win.

6 Re: Rye Gift on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:11 am

Theflash

Will there be an Easter Bunny run down the gift track at Rye off of 9ms this Saturday.
Classy circle runner with top end speed over 400,550,800. Will he leave the circle behind to follow in the footsteps of his training partner and venture down the lonely straights of the Sheffield distance.

I will await the JH results from his run at Rue this weekend.

albino

7 Re: Rye Gift on Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:34 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
I see a Samuel Sabbatucci in the Rye Gift field.

I'm assuming he's a relative of former athlete & the successful Brighton based coach (the late) Vin Sabbatucci.

Is he a grandson?

8 Re: Rye Gift on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Mex

Well not a lot of voting thus far. However, let's look at the chances according to the poll. Hopefully this lives up to expectation Bang Bang. With the absence again of Tim 'The Man' Rosen, someone will have a chance to enter the Rye history books.

Nicholas Repalust (7m - 19%) - This young whipper snapper has great leg speed and being trained by Shane McKenzie will be right in the mix when he is set. His 70m races are excellent but I have a lingering doubt over his ability to really challenge over the gift distance yet. A few votes and he may final, but I think there will be other chances this year to keep him off the podium. Wait until he hits the 8m mark for the fun to begin. Final at best

Dion Paul 8.25m / Josh Tiu 8.25m (25%) - Two of the Fiedler crew and a good pairing they make. Paul ran to orders last year and I thought he was seriously a contended for the White Rhino award, you know, running towards extinction. But it was obviously just a ploy and he has shown that he has got a fleet turn of foot over the shorter distances. Word reached me that he ran every race at both Maryborough and Daylesford, that simply indicates to me that he is not looking at these races but rather filling the coffers before having a crack at a bigger race. Josh has had a couple of years where he has not shown the same speed as his Stawell Final days. A great run for him at Bay has him back in the mix for a final here. I would thinks that he is still looking for a little more before going off. With Ware already with an extra metre in the bank and Marr also looking for that gain, I would think that both Paul and Tiu are looking to next year for that one. Paul likely to final and Tiu semis.

Noddy Angelakos 12.25m / Darren Whittaker 12.5m (25%) - Another great pairing with both making recent finals. Noddy was looking the goods when he ran second at Maryborough, I believe he skipped the Daylesford Gift, maybe he is wanting Rye more. An all round nice guy who people genuinely want to see win a descent gift. Is this the one? He would have to go close. Darren is another runner who is desperately close to winning a big gift. If it is not this weekend, watch for him to be thereabouts over the coming weeks as well. With Rye, St Albans, Wangaratta, Ballarat and Stonnuington all just around the corner, watch for one of these boys to have a win.

Just a few observations, there seem to be some handy lifts for young runners around the 12m mark and some established athletes have snuck out again. One young lady out in front may give the boys something to chase for a while too. Not everyone will win this year, so some will bank their mark and come out next year firing. The winner will come from either the 12.25m mark or between 6m and 8.5m for me. Good luck and happy racing.

9 Re: Rye Gift on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

GLPR

picked 4 out of 6 finalists and the winner
ware didn't run
dunbar just missed final
maybe i should take your job mex

10 Re: Rye Gift on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:58 am

golden1

youngy wrote:I see a Samuel Sabbatucci in the Rye Gift field.

I'm assuming he's a relative of former athlete & the successful Brighton based coach (the late) Vin Sabbatucci.

Is he a grandson?

Youngy, I do believe you are correct, he is a grandson of Vin's.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum