PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events

Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:17 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
After an extensive review of the Bay Sheffield results, I have adjusted the net times for the 120m under 20 events at Marion.

The net time for the Girl's Under 20's 120m is 15.30secs. It is based on the best current Under 20 female sprinter registered with the SAAL which in my view is Helena Schwerdt. Helena hasn't entered Marion but if she was to enter a future meet she would be allocated scratch. The calculation of 15.30secs is based on her best five performances in the SAAL.

Obviously with 15.30 being the net time, most girls will be pulled back from their current junior 120m mark. Some more than others - but it is all based on the five best performances.

Likewise with the boys. the net time for the Under 20 boys 120m at Marion is 13.50secs. From what I've found Brian Wilson is currently the best under 20 boy and his times suggest 13.50 would be his best time from scratch. (give or take a metre or two based on conditions).

There were not as many boys breaking net time at the Bay as there were girls so there will be some actually on a bigger mark than their Bay Sheff mark. But the evidence suggests they need it.

Again - the premise for the mark is your five best times (Metre Per Second). I spent the best part of 8 hours going through every athlete's results.  

Most were rounded down, but where an athlete has been registered for longer than this season and has not won a sash or made a final for some time, handicaps were adjusted up so hopefully  he/she will be better placed to make the final.

And just to add - If you want an idea how tough this gig is - after the three girl's junior Bay semis times were 14.74, 14.75 & 14.78, I was reasonably satisfied we had a very close contest on our hands. Then young Kayleigh Spithoven went bang.....2m faster and 14.52. Brilliant run but very hard to handicap for something like that.

2 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:20 pm

200runner

Good work youngy, shame there isn't the same work put into the open/women's races maybe then we will get a few more runners trying on more than just the 28th

3 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:47 am

Baltimore Jack

Bay Sheffield was the closest major Gift I've seen for a long time. At the 100 there was a line of 6 across the track. Looked very competitive from what I saw. I couldn't fault the SA handicapper on that result. If some of the Vics turned up in best form they would have finalled.

4 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:16 am

SANCHEZ

Not so sure about that BJ. The semis are the best guide. There were too many dominant winners that smashed the rest of the field. It is not hard to get at least 6 runners close. I would be thinking there were many Vics that think the marks are askew. It is like the SA boys are right on the their 12.25 and the Vics are handicapped to about half a metre more than their current Vic Mark. Puts them on around 12.35-12.40.

5 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:51 am

200runner

Yeah the bay may have seemed well handicapped but my statment was more about some runners having a massive turn around eg not making it out of their heats all year and then seem to make the bay final or go close? There needs to be a system put into place to prevent this from happening year in year out otherwise we will see that same people making the final each year not win it and then struggle to win marion gift a few weeks later.

6 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Time for a Wind Gauge.

15.992 off 9.75 at Pre Bay to 14.516 off 9.75 at the Bay is too big a difference,

Unless Whispers is missing something. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

7 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:03 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Yep, Whispers true to form you cast aspersions on an athlete from a squad you have nothing to do with.

As the junior handicapper I have no problem with this result - there were others who's times improved just as much. So it wasn't too big a difference given the massive head wind at the PreBay meet that changed dramatically throughout the course of the night.

But you are right about one thing. You're missing something - a moral compass.

8 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:02 am

Spiderman

What do you know? Whispers complaining of someone not trying! Sounds like a broken record!

9 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:31 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
youngy wrote:Yep, Whispers true to form you cast aspersions on an athlete from a squad you have nothing to do with.

As the junior handicapper I have no problem with this result - there were others who's times improved just as much. So it wasn't too big a difference given the massive head wind at the PreBay meet that changed dramatically throughout the course of the night.

But you are right about one thing. You're missing something - a moral compass.

So a big improvement in a Couple of weeks off the very same mark is okay but you will go back 10 weeks almost into the archives to pull out a performance for Nuebaur.If you had gone back one more race you would have been into last season. Laughing  Laughing
Name me the so called OTHERS who improved off their SAME marks just as much at the Bay.I wont hold my breath.

10 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:51 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Good idea - Don't hold your breath.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

11 Re: Net Times for Marion Junior 120m events on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:46 pm

Spiderman

stop having a cry Whispers! Get over it

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: