PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

June 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Maryborough and Extreme Weather

Maryborough and Extreme Weather

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Maryborough and Extreme Weather on Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:55 am

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Any likelihood of cancellation or amended program for Maryborough given the extreme weather?

Current BOM forecast says a Max of 38 and "Overnight temperatures falling to the low 20s with daytime temperatures reaching 33 to 39" for the North Central Area.

An update from the VAL either way would be appreciated.

2 Re: Maryborough and Extreme Weather on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:19 pm

BMara

Dizzy, we will be keeping a close eye on the temperature and if it gets to 38 degrees we may have to put a few events on delay. The benefit of racing at Maryborough ( with its multi events ) is that hopefully the Scottish bands will jump in and fill the gap.

3 Re: Maryborough and Extreme Weather on Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:17 pm

SANCHEZ

35 degrees maximum predicted in Maryborough tomorrow. It is a summer sport. You have got to be prepared to compete in that type of temperature.

4 Re: Maryborough and Extreme Weather on Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:58 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Spare a thought for the officials.

Apart from some of the VAL officials, most are volunteers who will have to spend several hours in extremely hot conditions. It's OK to say it's a summer sport and the athletes should be prepared but at least the athletes don't need to stay out any longer than needed for a warm up and race.

Many of the officials will be setting up and dismantling equipment. So for some it could be a 10 hour day.

Buggered if I would like to be setting up/dismantling the track & officiating at Maryborough for up to 10hrs in high 30 degrees.

Last time I went to Maryborough, it was bloody hot and there isn't much respite from a sea breeze when you're smack bang in the middle of the state.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum