PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Today at 8:42 pm by JH

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Ararat Gift

Ararat Gift

Who wins Ararat?

35% 35% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
12% 12% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
12% 12% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
6% 6% [ 1 ]
17% 17% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ararat Gift on Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:05 am

Mex

After a big weekend in Albury we move the other side of the state in Ararat. A couple of runners have shown some early form. This is the last chance for a full 1m come Easter, who are the chances?

2 Re: Ararat Gift on Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Mex

With Ararat being postponed there was little movement this week in the poll. I toyed with the idea of doing a write up, but there was not enough voting to make it worthwhile.
The idea of doing a mock semi and final I thought could be fun. Interested to see what people think of this final make up and result.

Semi one
K Marr 3.25m
E Ware 7.5m
L Procaccino 8m
M Harvey 10.25m
M Cooper 11.5m
V Sharma 13.25m

Semi two
P Tancredi 6.75m
M Rizzo 7.25m
C Dunbar 7.5m
R Lugo 9.5m
R Lehmann 11m
T Rosen 13.75m

Semi One

They settle behind their blocks and call is made to "Get On". Ware is the last to settle, set is called and it is a quick gun. Sharma has jumped out of the blocks, easily the first to move with Ware and Marr. Harvey seems to have made up ground already on Cooper with Proccacino going with him. After 40m Marr has made up some ground on Ware and the field while Sharma is holding off Harvey out in front. Procaccino is starting to reel in the front markers and is looking good at this stage. Ware is finding it tough to get onto him and Marr is gaining fast. With about 20m to go it could be anyones race. Proccacino has caught up to Harvey and with Ware struggling to keep up with him and Marr coming strong still. Sharma has fallen to level with Proccacino, Cooper seems out of the picture and Harvey is not going with them. On the line it is Proccacino in a tight finish from Marr and Sharma with Ware a very close 4th, Harvey 5th and Cooper 6th. The time is fairly quick, so runners, don't go anywhere.

Semi Two

Settling on their blocks, The Man is out in front and looking at making yet another final. He has been in good form and is a chance of leading from the front. The gun goes "BANG" and they are off. Rosen stands straight up as he looks to put a gap on Lehmann. Lugo has jumped quickly and is looking to take Lehmann who is holding him at bay. Tancredi has already made ground on Rizzo as he looks to Dunbar and the rest of the field. At the 40m mark it is The Man clear in front having pulled away as expected from Lehmann. Dunbar has now come into the race getting closer to Lugo. Moving on to Tancredi who has grabbed Rizzo and is gaining on Lugo and Lehmann. With 20m to go it appears as though The Man is going to take this one, he is now clear from Dunbar who is now just in front of the reaching Lugo. Tancredi is moving along nicely but it seems just out of reach. Across the line it is The Man from a fast finishing Dunbar, Tancredi and Lugo with Lehmann and Rizzo battling for 5th and 6th place. In a slightly slower time than the first semi, it looks as though it will be a final mostly made up of the first semi. Has Dunbar done enough to hold on to a starting spot?

The final has just been read out with Marr the back marker off 3.25m, Dunbar in the White off 7.5m, Ware right next to him in the blue off the same mark. Proccacino is next to him in the yellow off 8m, Sharma has made another final off 13.25m in the green and The Man is in the pink off 13.75m. What a final this could be.

Final

The runners are introduced and sent down the track. There is a hush as the athletes are sent to their blocks. "Set" is called and they are off. The Man is out well as he looks to use his lead as to his advantage. Sharma has tried to jump The Man and is trying hard to catch him early. Back in the pack it is Ware who seems to have grabbed a few inches off Dunbar from the start, but Proccacino has lost no ground to him. Marr has started well and is obviously keen on the extra metre for Stawell as he pounds the ground. But back out to The Man, he is still clear of Sharma who is finding it difficult to go with him as Proaccacino is now gaining on him. Ware and Dunbar are in a match race with Ware still slightly in front. Marr has made up a metre or two but still with some to do. The Man still holds what could be a handy lead from Proccacino. Ware and Dunbar are fighting each other down the track and have made this in to a serious match race. Marr is still gaining and looks like a danger to The Man. Sharma has come back to Proccacino and the duelling Ware and Dunbar. Marr is pounding hard (I am personally worried about his strings right about now as he tries to run the extra 20m but let's say he does not get hurt). He has now go to Ware and Dunbar, Rosen has come back to Proccacino. It looks like it is a race between Proccacino and Marr as both have just got over The Man. Ware and Dunbar are still side by side. We get to the line and it is too close to call. It looked like Marr was gunning for the line and that last lunge may have edged in front, with The Man, Ware and Dunbar all crossing the line together. Sharma has finished just off the pace. While we wait for the video judges a nervous Team Fiedler is looking for the red flag to go up. The judge grabs both the Red and the Yellow flags it is clear that these two are 1st and 2nd. He has just grabbed the Blue flag as well, it appears as though Ware has edged out The Man and Dunbar. The Man is sure he was 3rd and walks off with his hands on his hips. The place judge puts the Blue flag in the 3rd position. He is holding the Red flag and PUTS IT IN THE WINNING POSITION. Marr is jumping, Proccacino has his hands on his head. Fiedler is smiling, he has played the system and got two of his main charges an extra metre for Stawell. The placings were Marr, Proccacino, Ware, Dunbar, The Man and then Sharma.

What a race, well I think that is what might have happened. I guess we will never know. Has Marr cost himself a chance later in the season? Should he have run earlier? Is Proccacino a real chance after showing very good speed in the 200m last season. He has a handy mark and could be a shot at picking something off soon. Ware could be set for a crack at Bay while Dunbar is a threat and like Proccacino could be picking off a race soon. Rosen is just off the pace now after two wins and may continue to make some finals and win another smaller gift before the year is out, while Sharma seems to be on the way down and will look to peak again later in the season.

What do you think?

For what its worth, I think they made the right call with the weather. I for one do not want to sit in that heat.

3 Re: Ararat Gift on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:49 pm

timrosen35

Quite an amusing write up Mex! I enjoyed it. But there's one thing missing...what time did we run? haha
Just wondering, can I collect my prize money from you sometime Wink?

4 Re: Ararat Gift on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:08 am

GLPR

you have too much free time mex

5 Re: Ararat Gift on Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:03 pm

Mex

Apparently you ran a very quick heat which was adjusted to 11.95. Might have something to do with me waving my program in front of the wind gauge though Wink Handicap adjustment coming up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum