PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Brighton Open Gift
Today at 2:38 pm by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Today at 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Today at 10:35 am by Admin

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 11:54 pm by BadSnowman

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Yesterday at 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Yesterday at 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

» Bay Sheffield Novice and Restricted race eligibility
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Albury Gift

Albury Gift

Who wins Albury?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 12 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 4 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 10 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 11 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
14% 14% [ 16 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
19% 19% [ 22 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
20% 20% [ 23 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 116

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Albury Gift on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Mex

Albury plays host to the masses this weekend. Couple of runners from interstate dipping their toe in.

2 Re: Albury Gift on Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:59 pm

GLPR

final will be
stevens
dunmall
matthews
sanderson
rooke
dobric
with rooke to win

3 Re: Albury Gift on Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:49 pm

The Master

My tip goes to Rosen, didn't run the gift at Northcote so one would think he is trying to save his mark for the weekend. Will be a great race that's for sure.

4 Re: Albury Gift on Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:21 pm

Mex

Always interesting to see when former Stawell winners enter and how they are treated. Swain off 0m maybe as a scout for someone else? He does not seem in the form to challenge. Let's look at the tips.

Luke Stevens 2.5m (11 votes - 10%) - Stevens is a very good athlete winning off the back marks. He can come home late in the sprints and the longer races and if he finals in any race that he wants to have a go at the field will know about it. I have a query over his ability to race multiple times in a day, we saw him fade badly at VRTA in the final of the 200m or was that just to grab another metre for the Stawell 200m? Other runners seem a better chance here, likely final though.

Brendan Matthews 6m (10 votes - 9%) - First look at Matthews this year and what a race it could be. This does shape up as a great final if the early running is anything to go by. Matthews is back a little from last year and will need every bit of it. May have to pay his due before he challenges for a big one again, or will he be happy to either take a small one and a guaranteed lift or bud his time?

Matthew Eddy 7.25m / Cam Dunbar 7.5m (10 votes - 9%) - Eddy looked very good at Northcote and consistently shows that he can get up for the bigger races. With the speed on at Northcote I think he was happy to just miss. How would he go off 8.25m at Stawell? I think he would need more. The two time Maryborough gift winner is all class though. Dunbar always shows up with an ability to challenge for a final. Has made two gift finals already this year and always seems a chance to win one. This is a very good pairing as the votes could be for either, both have made finals this year, but I think that there may be someone else who takes it out. both are a chance of the final.

Stuart Rooke 8m / Liam Shepard 8m (16 votes - 14%) - Rooke hid well enough last year to have a big crack at Stawell and was possibly very unlucky to come up against Scarff who seemed to be more relaxed in the semi. He just missed on 9m and could have 9m again if he wins at Ararat. Another darky for the metre. Probably not the chance here. Shepard is another athlete who just missed the big final with the NSW boot or shoe or banana throwing champion in Eschebach getting the nod. Has the same mark and one would think he will either try and pick up a win or get his mark out slightly for another tilt at the main title. Another great pairing here if they both decide to have a crack.

Dean Dobric 10.25m Matthew Harvey 10.25m (21 votes 19%) - Another great pair to select. Dobric looked great on Sunday at Northcote winning the 70m. He did not run the gift which indicates that he is looking for a bigger things. Is Albury big enough? Or will he wait for a trip to Bay and something in the new year? Will win a gift for sure this season, but which one? Harvey also looked good at Northcote, but in a scratch race right now, I would pick Dobric. May build for later, watch for him just into the new year. Doric is a real chance for this one, probably final for him and maybe Harvey.

Vic Sharma 13.25m / Tim 'The Man' Rosen 13.75m (22 votes - 20%) - Sharma looked like he was just out of it now. He has had a few very good runs and has nothing to lose by still having a crack. He will end up back out a little and maybe pick up another race later down the track. 'The Man' is back this week for sure. He was strutting around Northcote without running in anger. Did not run the gift, obviously to save himself for a big crack at Albury, Ararat & Maryborough. Ok, maybe not Ararat. Another win will see him come back again. I would predict a bigger pull coming for this champion of the front markers.

Disappointed for Parkinson, seemed as though he was hitting his straps again and I had thought this week might be his chance. Another interesting runner is Khan Marr. Not many votes, but if he can run out the distance he may be a chance, although he showed last  week that the extra metre may be the carrot he is chasing.

Good luck and safe travelling.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum