PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » 10 Years ago when SA Sprinting was pretty good

10 Years ago when SA Sprinting was pretty good

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

racingmania

12345678 wrote:We have a fair few guys who have gone sub 11 recently and should be capable of going sub 11 again soon. They include Tim Mguire, Wallace Long Scafidi, Clay Watkins, Pierre Mukeba, Gabriel Cole and Michael Brushnahan. We then have countless juniors and other guys who are still improving who are very close like Liam Moss (11.01), Frankie Schinella (11.08), Brian Wilson (11.10), Sebastian Baird, Jack Doney, Kofi Gyamfi, Thomas Semmler, Alex Condello and Lane Whittaker.

While we obviously do not have the same talent as we had 10 years ago, I do believe we are only a couple years off, if a lot of those guys stick with the sport. Athletics also does work in waves. While we had a good bunch of sprinters 10 years ago, we currently have the most talented crop of middle distance runners the state has ever had.

So season over for another year. How many SA sprinters went sub 11 this year besides Clay Watkins? if any how many for the first time?

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
4. Jack Doney PEM 10.97s 13-Feb-16 (+0.9)
Won the State Under 20 Champs with this time , Would have been good enough to win the Open Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

flashest1

I believe some of the best open sprinters in SA don't 'focus' on amateur times @ SANTOS but would be sub 11 runners. Some ran in the 2015 Bay Sheffield final!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum