PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Henley gift

Henley gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Henley gift on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:41 pm

Does anyone have or know where to get last nights results at Henley?

2 Re: Henley gift on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
http://www.saal.org.au/index.php?id=30&meeting=85

incomplete at this time, presumably will be completed soon)

3 Re: Henley gift on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:23 pm

Mex

Was it a different Luke Houlihan? Long way off the last time we saw him.

4 Re: Henley gift on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:39 pm

Mex

Did I hear correctly? Luke Houlihan did alright this weekend. Big form turn around?

5 Re: Henley gift on Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Just checking the results from the SAAL website.
Congrats to Jess Williams and Lynette Viney for running honest/true in the 200m heats,semis and Final.
The other girls in the final need to have a good look at themselves or train harder as the time lost from heats to final was significant.
Wonder how many got called in.
The fact that Jess and Lynette came out of different semis cancels weather elements and only makes it look even worse.
Does everyone think it is down to just pure conditioning as why would you not want to win a 200m event.
Noticed a few other ordinary efforts as well in juniors and men results but the womens 200m stood out like the proverbial.

WHISPERS IS BACK Rolling Eyes

6 Re: Henley gift on Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:27 am

ShaneMcK

Whispers,
I am sure the handicappers will be all over the performances come Bay time and they will remember those who were not able to "back up" their efforts from round to round. I think, from last year's Bay Junior reults, Youngy could be forgiven for being far more conservative in his assessments of junior performances for this year's Bay Sheff.
Watching the Flinders videos from a different post, I do wonder about the state of athletics in SA. So many young athletes on very large marks, so few actually running fast. Even considering this time of year, quality of performance seem to be slipping more and more each season. There are only a few consistent atletes, but they are fewer in number each season too.
Is this a cultural thing for Bay? Is it poor coaching standards? Is it complacency from the athletes, believing they will get their magic mark for Bay? Is it a short coming in stewarding/handicapping? Or have the coaches drummed into athletes that they should only ever run fast on day of the year?
I grew up in SAAL, and have seen the best and worst performance (both me and my peers) on the race track, and also grew up wth the mentality of Bay is King. So I do understand the importance and prestige of the Bay. But for our sport to continually evolve and improve, it looks like a significant shift needs to occur. Maybe it's the sum of all parts above?
This in NOT an indictment or attack on any person, group of people etc, merely an observation to spark credible debate and positive thought. Afterall, we all want to see and experience quality performance in all aspects of Athletics.

T: twitter.com/ShaneMcKenzie | C: Athletics Australia iCoach Profile
http://www.shanemckenzie.com

7 Re: Henley gift on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:47 am

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Totally agree with you Shane.
If you watch the video of the Flinders womens 200m ,not quite sure what the girls were up to on the line but what I was alluding to was how quickly the three outside runners pulled up compared to the three inside runners.To be able to pull up so quickly one would have to think that they werent completely running through the line.

8 Re: Henley gift on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:22 pm

youngy

Admin
Admin
Whispers - I think you are being mischevious and perhaps...seeing things that aren't there. In my view there was no discernible difference in the way any of the girls approached the finish line.

The Flinders 200m is one of those events where athletes are generally having a red hot crack. And that's simply because is absolutely nothing to be gained by "non-trying" in a 200m race worth a few hundred bucks. 1. Winning does not affect the mark. 2. You won't be getting a lift in the Gift based on a 200m result.

Yep, one girl lost a bit of time after recording fastest in the heat/semi, but she admitted she was short of a gallop and was feeling tired for the final. There was nothing untoward with her performance and whilst it would have been nice for her to back up, she didn't....big deal, her mark won't be going anywhere.

The times were hand held by one person with a stop watch that 'spits' out the result on a strip of paper. In my view they are just too susceptible to error to be taken too seriously. Yes, they are good ball-park times but I'm watching the margins & making my own estimations. Some of the junior times were a bit 'iffy' for mine and that was confirmed with results from the 120's on the weekend.

I think the amount of non-trying is over-played and 95% of athletes who compete each week are running as well as they can on that given day. There were a couple on the weekend that might have attracted scrutiny but they would only be kidding themselves if they think they will be getting a lift.

9 Re: Henley gift on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:07 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Absolutely correct , nothing to gain by not backing up ! But why the loss in time.
I wont accept that it is all because of  hand time clocking.Yes a hand time may miss the start but when the results below show that aint the case ,questions need to be asked

The two girls who gained time came out of different semis so hand timing would not have been an issue.
I guess its the begining of the season and 4 girls were a little bit under done and couldnt back up .Thats understandable Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Last edited by Admin on Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No naming & shaming.)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum