PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » All interstate gift final

All interstate gift final

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 All interstate gift final on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:49 pm

fos91

Will this stop the competitors from SA and NSW complaining about being unfairly treated here in Victoria?

2 Re: All interstate gift final on Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:56 pm

auspro

A few vics drew bad semi's. A few vics died in the ass. 2 very poorly handicapped interstaters who should have obviously been dealt with weeks ago.

3 Re: All interstate gift final on Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Tony Isotherm

From the last 20 gifts:

Vic 7
NSW 4
Qld 4
SA 2
ACT 1
Tas 1
Int. 1

Nice balance over the long term.

4 Re: All interstate gift final on Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:26 pm

auspro

Put it like this. If the interstate guus didnt show up. It would have been the slowest gift in history

5 Re: All interstate gift final on Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:02 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Well put auspro. The quality of the Victorian contingent in terms of being ready to run up to expectations was as bad as its been for a long time. There were no Versace, Carty-Cowling or Jamieson types this year who seemed prepped and ready to deliver.

I thought a Victorian would make the final so I backed Shepherd, Brittain & Dunbar to win their semis and was tempted to back Rooke but for the prohibitive odds.

There was very little between Shepherd & Eschebach on times and I thought with the 1.25m advantage, Shepherd could hold off Eschebach. But Eschebach ran a cracking semi, nailed the start and took Shepherd to the sword. It was a much better run than in his heat in that the the gap between Eschebach & Caldow was much greater than Saturday.

On heat times Brittain was only about 10cm off Sanderson-Milera  who recorded a hand held adjusted time of 12.28. I just though with his experience and off the same mark he might have been able to beat Milera. But like last year when he was 2nd favourite in his semi....KB was the first one beaten. Tjimarri had too much polish and smashed him.

Dunbar was a bit unlucky. It would have been interesting how he would have gone, had he drawn the same semi as Sanderson-Milera & Brittain. Brendan Matthews rose to the occasion and Cam appeared slow off the mark compared to his heat on Saturday. Cam was another who just did not take it to the next level which one has to do on the Monday. Just running as well as the heat on Saturday is generally not going to get one to the final. But then again, Cam is 34 and what you see is what you get.....Matthews did run 12.29 and finished 3rd in the final, so in hindsight, had Cam been in one of the first three semis, things might have been different.

Rooke succumbed to the pressure too. He had 1.5m up on time over Scarff but failed to deliver when it counted. He had the mark - 9m, he proved that with the 12.24s in the heat.

Four Vics all on marks to be in the mix and all beaten by interstate athletes who rose to the challenge.

From Stawell 2014 to Stawell 2015 - what we have seen of Goodwin & Houlihan is that they have improved dramatically from last year. In my book the two most improved athletes from last year ran 1-2 in the final.

The Victorians should be saying where are the exciting new talent around the novice marks like Goodwin and Houlihan within its own ranks? They shouldn't be relying on guys like Dunbar, Brittain, Tancredi, Ware to hold off the interstate challenge. There were plenty of Vic athletes who under-performed at Stawell for any manner of reasons, so it's certainly not a time for knee-jerk reactions.

There are young Vic athletes off good marks, but to this point they aren't belting down the door like we saw from the interstate lads this year.

6 Re: All interstate gift final on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Just for the record, the last Stawell Gift where there were no Victorians in the final was 1989.
1989 Final
1 Simon McIntyre, (6.0m) Wagga Wagga NSW.
2 Derek Merdith, (7.25m) Brighton Le-Sands NSW.
3 Kevin Silver, (9.0m) McDowall QLD
4 Steve L McGrath, (7.0m) Lavington, NSW
5 David Clark, (4.25m) SCOTLAND
6 Hayden Karutz, (10.0m) Largs Bay SA.
Time: 12.14secs.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum