PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Declare External Results or Suffer the Consequences!

Declare External Results or Suffer the Consequences!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Declaration of outside performances

Please be advised that under the rules of the Victorian Athletic League it is a requirement to lodge all personal best times and season best times on registering at the commencement of each season. If you
have run with the VAL previously but compete in external competitions it is not acceptable to simply
state “As per previous records” or similar statements. This also applies for interstate athletes competing
in the VAL. Athletes competing externally who don’t provide their PBs and SBs on registering, will have
their marks withheld until they do.

Let me also state absolutely clearly that any athlete providing false (ie slower) times on their
registration, will be subject to a handicap review and further penalties.

It needs to be remembered that the registration form is a statutory declaration and providing false times is a serious issue. I regularly check the internet and with other athletic bodies for the accuracy of times provided and take a very dim view of athletes not being up front with their previous performances. We will always look to make athletes who are honest and forthright with their performances as competitive as possible but will be harsh on those that don’t. If you believe you may have “accidentally” supplied incorrect information, I would strongly suggest you advise the office asap.

It is also essential that athletes competing in outside competitions such as Athletics Victoria or interstate Leagues, regularly forward their outside performances to the office. All performances are required to be forwarded within the month and any PBs must be provided within the week.

Let me state again that I have absolutely no problems with athletes competing in other competitions
such as Athletics Victoria or interstate Leagues. I very much support athletes who wish to compete in
both AV and VAL ranks and won’t penalize athletes for doing so. However I am growing increasingly
frustrated with discovering PBs in AV or interstate competition that haven’t been declared. The bottom
line is that athletes that run PBs and don’t declare them within the week, in accordance with the
guidelines, will have their handicap reviewed and in all likelihood, reduced. Those that declare PBs in
accordance with the guidelines will have their marks looked at more favorably and will only suffer a
reduction in handicap in the unlikely and rare event that the time takes them under the ceiling for the
distance, once allowing for track and racing conditions. You can be assured that I check outside
competition records on a weekly basis.

Again the same goes for interstate athletes who wish to compete in the VAL. If we are confident we
have all your performance records at hand, we will be able be handicap you appropriately. If we feel
otherwise, we will be more conservative.

Thank you and best wishes,
Mark O’Brien
VAL Chief Handicapper

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum