PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Euroa Gift

Euroa Gift

Who wins Euroa

7% 7% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
8% 8% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 7 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
11% 11% [ 8 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
11% 11% [ 8 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
32% 32% [ 23 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 73

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Euroa Gift on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:13 pm

Mex

Moving on to the last sprint gift of the year before Stawell. Last Year's winner back on the same mark. Who are the chances?

2 Re: Euroa Gift on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:02 pm

timrosen35

Your obsession with me is unhealthy Mex. I hope I at least get a free drink or two out of it at the gift hotel on Easter Monday. That is of course if you come out from behind your anonymous shadow.

P.S. I do this sport because I love it. And to get faster. That is all.

3 Re: Euroa Gift on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:45 pm

OldandSlow

Relatively good number of entries, but certain a few here won't run..

4 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:04 pm

Dmac

Will be another win for a Glenhuntly athlete. The question is which one?

5 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:16 pm

GLPR

Rosen to win easily

6 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 pm

OldandSlow

DMac - I'm guessing Phelan will skip Euroa, so that just leaves Rosen or is there another Glenhuntly runner?

7 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:44 pm

Dmac

3 out of the 4 Glenhuntly athletes entered will be there. 3peat Phelan will be one, and so will back2back Rosen Wink

8 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:48 pm

timrosen35

Can't let Old Man Phelan win again! Will never hear the end of it on the drive home #BenjaminButton

9 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 pm

Mex

Here we go with the last opportunity for some to pick up their gift win for the year. With Ringwood being a 400m gift and Stawell having a smaller limit and, generally, quicker times, I would expect to see the winner come from the front or to be from someone who wants to get something out of their season. Perhaps they set themselves for another race, but time is ticking. This final has the potential to be very hotly contested in a time of 12.60 - 12.70sec. I would also expect that there will be, as already suggested, a number of scratchings. Perhaps more important than who runs is who does not turn up at all. Great to see some of the interstate athletes coming to Euroa and good luck to them. At least one has a very generous mark in a race where previous success has been tasted.
On to the chances;

64 votes in total

Cam Dunbar 8.25m (6 votes) - Dunbar looked to be unsettled by what I thought was a flying start in his semi at Bendigo and didn't run on as I expected. If he runs here many would have him in the top two or three chances. I would not be surprised if he gives this smaller gift a miss this week. If he runs, he must final.

Brady Lehmann 9.5m / Rupert Lugo 9.5m (7 votes) - Lehmann would be crazy to run the gift. He has a great mark and has improved. He looks to me as a definite chance to make the final at Stawell. You can talk to virtually any Stawell Gift finalist and they will agree that making the final is better than winning a smaller gift. Good luck to him there, look for a scratching. Lugo, has impressed me recently, not the distance runner one or the other three or four I mentioned in a previous post. I am not sure that he is ready to win a gift, perhaps next year. With a very astute coach, he will have his eyes on a specific target over the next year or two for Mr Lugo. Votes here probably for Lehmann although he wont run, Lugo may sneak in to the final if all goes right for him.

Craig Mair 9.75m / Leigh Phelan 9.75m (7 votes) - Mair showed he still has some class in those old legs by taking out back to back classics. I am not sure anyone, even him, thought he would be able to do this. If he starts well, he is a chance of running a time that could see him final, however, I think he has probably done enough this year. Phelan is an interesting on. Won Geelong and then decided to win Bendigo as well. When he took Geelong, I thought that he would save his mark for next year and have another tilt at a bigger one. Winning Bendigo was an outstanding result for him and in a very sharp time. He is still a huge chance of picking off his third gift in as many starts if he runs to his Bendigo final form. I think he has Rosen covered as the other main chance. 

William Little 11.5m / David Flood 12m (7 votes) - Little has a very handy mark and is one of those athletes who may take the opportunity to have a crack at a gift before the year is out with the limit at Stawell being too tight. Not sure if he can hold off Phelan on current form and he will still have to chase down an out marker or two. The votes have flooded in for, well, Flood today. Flood has a handy mark, has won races this year and is in the same stable as Lehmann. He may be doing the team job this weekend by seeing where he is at for a trial in the coming weeks. Another runner who may end up near the pointy end of the field, not sure if he will take the sash though.

Todd Ireland 14.5m / Tim Rosen 14.75m (22 votes) - Another week where these two are joined together. Ireland has not run much in the last month or so, sorry Todd, but these votes are not for you. Last year's Euroa Gift winner is back to defend his title on the same mark and he is by far the poll favourite. He should be a chance of the final, but I am not sure he is running as well this year as he did last season. Has taken offense to being mentioned as the reigning winner, I am not sure why, there are many runners who don't win a gift in a season. If he can overcome his frustration at being mentioned to have a great mark, he will definitely do some damage. Won the Geelong 70m recently which shows he is starting alright, but can he hold off his training partner? People wish you luck Tim and would love to see you win and improve to be competitive off a tighter handicap within some of the bigger gifts, not even you can deny that 14.75m puts you right in the mix on Saturday. Apparently I am buying at Easter  Wink

Good luck everyone for whatever you are running in. This may be the penultimate round of tips for me, as Youngy can attest to, it takes a fair bit of time and effort to compile information. Maybe I overstepped at times this year, if you have been offended by my honesty at what I see and what I think of athlete's marks then maybe it is time to stop for a while but I hope people have at least enjoyed the banter non the less.  Very Happy

10 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:31 pm

timrosen35

No offense taken whatsoever Mex! Was just joining in the fun banter Smile
Id like to think I'm running a lot better than last year but we shall see! And I will see you at the bar for that drink.
And as for old man Phelan, Im not letting him past me without a fight Wink

11 Re: Euroa Gift on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:52 pm

GLPR

Rosen ran well at Bendigo Mex

12 Re: Euroa Gift on Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:49 pm

OldandSlow

DMac - 3peat Phelan..??? Let's not get too excited here, as Geelong and Euroa aren't majors so if he did win, it wouldn't be front page news....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum