PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Open Women's Sprinting

Open Women's Sprinting

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Open Women's Sprinting on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:52 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Dizzy knows very little about women's sprints but when he heard the race caller announce that the backie in the final Women's Gift at Bendigo was off 9.5m, he was a little surprised.

Do the finals of the women's sprints usually lack runners closer to scratch?
Was this a smaller field than normal and thus fewer runners racing?
I can't help but wonder when was the last time a men's sprint final had a backie off 9m.

Can we draw any conclusions about the depth of runners racing?
What might this reveal about the distribution of prizemoney both this year and in the future?

Just some thoughts.

2 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:52 pm

Hubbaup

Well when there is girls in the field running off 21.25m 19.75m and 17.25m filling the places Dizzy it's pretty hard for a True Backie to even get into the final net alone beat them. Maybe lower the limits in some of these gifts. 24m is way to much for Bendigo.

3 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:19 pm

auspro

I take it you didnt watch the mens at bendigo than dizzy. back marker 8.25. Then 9.75. Then all over 10m. Shows how many crooks are collecting ticks

4 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:06 am

Graeme Lebroy

Dizzy

Its one thing to stir up trouble amongst the hobby joggers its another thing all together to stitch up the sprinters - especially the ladies!

To me the measure is to compare to the amateur results....of the semi finals at Vic Champs I think Coates was the only girl you would consider a regular pro runner (and Steinhert but Im just talking Victorians). In recent past you had girls like Hubbard, Moore etc figuring in Vic Champs as well as wining pro races regularly. I think its just the cycle at the moment. Hopefully runners like the Fighera sisters and the girl from box hill come to Stawell and get a feeling for Pros at an early age and enjoy what it has to offer.

5 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:56 am

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Not stirring up trouble. As I said right from the start, I haven't paid the closest of attention to the women's gifts in the past and was curious if Bendigo was the norm or the exception.

I don't know anything about these 'hobby joggers' you speak of. Can you be more specific?

6 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Hubbaup

As long as the Ammos are handicapped to their very best and not given a free passage through to the final. Would be a shame to see a final full of Ammos that are just coming out for the big coin once a year. They won't be supporting the circuit week in week out like Cartledge O'Dwyer Stevens Henderson Perry Phillips and a heap of others do. It will be very interesting when the handicaps are released

7 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Slowcoach

Couldn't agree more. It's good for the sponsors and media coverage to have the big names in the final, but they cant be thrown in at the expense of the in form regulars.

8 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:46 pm

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
The in form regulars who have pulled up, been inconsistent and mocked the sport all season. I know who I would prefer to see win.

9 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Hubbaup

Who do you think has been pulling up and who do you want to see win then Phantom ??

10 Re: Open Women's Sprinting on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:06 pm

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
I won't pot people on here Hubba but I think we all know who they are and how they've played it. Good luck to them but you'd hate to look back on Easter Monday night and regret not winning $10k at Stonnington when it was on offer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum