PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Easter Bunnies

Easter Bunnies

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Easter Bunnies on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Meatpie

Blatant easter bunny mission failure alert!

Someone looking for another lift with a stroll down Bendigo 120m. Oops runs fastest heat time and then comes out and doesn’t make the final. Hello stewards and a UP!!!

2 Re: Easter Bunnies on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Trackstar

More Easter bunnies not at Bendigo than actually there. 3 bunnies from north of the border conspicuous by their absence from competitions on the weekend.

3 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:23 am

Heisenberg

Care to enlighten us chickenpie?

4 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:52 am

Hubbaup

Not big Houlihan ???? Thought I was the only one who noticed. Oops or don't I name him?? Sorry

5 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:43 am

auspro

You probably don't need to name him its that obvious But now that you have, May As well start naming the 10 or so victorians running with lead in their boots as well. Or is it only fair to drag interstate runners names through the mud?

6 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:55 am

Frontie

Will Johns 21.2 over the weekend and also 10.7 to his name. Off 6.25m I know where I'm throwing my money! lol!

7 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:58 am

Hubbaup

I tend to watch the interstaters more Auspro purely for my Stawell gambling form analysing so it caught my eye but there was a few more that I won't name.But Big Houlihan is not gunna at any flash odds anyhow so I will be looking elsewhere. Good luck to the Big man hope he goes well

8 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:36 am

auspro

With good reason. But are you looking for smokies Hubbaup? Or guys on the cusp of making the final? WJ's 21.20 with a +2.3 wind and a 10.77 with a +1.4. say a 10.85 and a 21.3 Raw. Thats pretty much on the money but i would say a tad over 12.30s at stawell Wouldnt you say?

9 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:18 pm

Hubbaup

It's not me that likes Will Johns Auspro!! I'm after the guy that's been hiding away all season not showing too much not making finals like Luke Versace was last year. 33/1 upwards and come Easter he screams out to me "Hubbaup get your cash out , plonk on me and jump in the queue." Crashed and burned last year with GCC at 16/1 because I didn't look hard enough. Don't want that to happen again. He's out there somewhere I just gotta find him.

10 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:34 pm

auspro

They where 2 seperate replies. GCC should (and did on my camera) have gotten there last year.

11 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:43 pm

Hubbaup

Ok 2 replies that makes sense now. I thought GCC got it too mate but the guys that matter didn't see it that way and my betting account didn't get the top up I thought it deserved. This year mate it's gunna be different

12 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:11 pm

The Morphy Mongrel

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Very soft Stawell if Houlihan is the tip after Bendigo. He's got no early speed. Guys like John, Eschbach, B Matthews, Mcnamara will gobble him up. 
Here's a tip. only one SA chance and it's not 
Houlihan.

13 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:17 pm

auspro

If you go by bendigo only then maybe you are correct. But the 7.55 at ballarat in the 70m showed he has some speed

14 Re: Easter Bunnies on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:24 pm

Biggsy

Su much depends upon the day, at this level, being a little bit sore, a small niggle, having your breakfast go down the wrong way, one little boo boo and you get shown up. I think Houlahan is probably SA's best chance, but so many quality runners, like picking a needle in a hay stack. If I were to pick one... Stephens.

15 Re: Easter Bunnies on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:45 am

Baltimore Jack

Havent been in the sport as many years as others on the forum, but I haven't seen the Stawell Gift winner yet who was named as a big chance this far out. Further more SA runners struggle at Stawell. On that basis theres no way I will have my money on a SA runner. My guess is that people posting others have something to hide. NSW, QLD, TAS are the states I'm looking at.

16 Re: Easter Bunnies on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:59 am

auspro

Although an interstate chance is high. I think there are too many vics who have worked out the system. Look at Ed Ware. Off his rpm he is now at his ceiling mark. Handicapped to run 12.255. There are a few more getting close to that mark as well.

17 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:14 pm

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Who cares about rpm? In today's racing I wouldn't take it into account to much. Houlihan is a good chance but remember he couldn't get it done at the Bay off 7.5m and Stawell is a lot tougher than the Bay

18 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:12 pm

VectorQuantity

Lets consider this; if Houlihan was chasing ground I don't think he would have ran himself into classic gift finals, won Ballarat 70m, or Loxton 300m. Houlihan exposed himself at the Bay and he would know it. He's not coming over to collect ticks, he's racing himself into form.

As for Bendigo; there was no reason for him to hide away from this final, he has a stinker of a run in his semi final after two starting faults. It looks like Cam Dunbar was in a similar situation.

Don't forget he is still relatively new to the sport (This being his second season) and still developing as a runner. Every time he's "peaked" so far, he's improved. Do the maths. he's hes on track.

"Mission failure alert"?? I don't think so.

19 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:00 pm

auspro

This is a great reply. As specators people always think 'something' is going on or an athlete is running to a great master plan . When in reality he is trying to get faster each run with the hope of winning the big one.
either way he will more than likely pick up a few metres peaking and be competative at stawell.....
picked up an NAP for his troubles at bendigo

20 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
hahahaha don't kid yourself! If he only wanted to compete to try and run faster he would have run back in SA at flagstaff hill on the weekend. Looking for a bit more of a lift, otherwise doesn't make sense running at Bendigo.

21 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:08 pm

auspro

Maybe he needs the lift?

22 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:16 pm

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
I think he does, to win it anyway.

23 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Trackstar

VectorQuantity wrote:Lets consider this; if Houlihan was chasing ground I don't think he would have ran himself into classic gift finals, won Ballarat 70m, or Loxton 300m. Houlihan exposed himself at the Bay and he would know it. He's not coming over to collect ticks, he's racing himself into form.

As for Bendigo; there was no reason for him to hide away from this final, he has a stinker of a run in his semi final after two starting faults. It looks like Cam Dunbar was in a similar situation.

Don't forget he is still relatively new to the sport (This being his second season) and still developing as a runner. Every time he's "peaked" so far, he's improved. Do the maths. he's hes on track.

"Mission failure alert"?? I don't think so.  

Good post. I concur with your point about Bendigo. No doubt he was expecting to make the final and struggled under the expectation just as he did at the Bay. My mail from SA was he and his connections were pissed off not making the final. Suddenly Stawell looks a lot further away than last week.

24 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:57 pm

airtight

Houlihan was very unlucky in that 2nd semi. It was the fastest but for a strong head wind. The minus wind reading should have been greater than it was. He finished only centimetres behind the eventual winner. I think he would have won either of the other semis. Phelan ran 12.73 semi and 12.47 in the final. It's not like he found 2.5m from the semi to final.
Sheppard, McNamara Ware are on target for Easter and looked the best of the Vics.

25 Re: Easter Bunnies on Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:17 pm

Fishbowls

Sanderson From S.A my pick. 10.29 in semi at stonnington was very impressive.

26 Re: Easter Bunnies on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:19 am

racingmania

Fishbowls wrote:Sanderson From S.A my pick. 10.29 in semi at stonnington was very impressive.

Ditto...............Sanderson will smash Houlihan over the first 50m and be at least 2m in front by half way. The Stonnington Gift/Don Furness results proved that...........conclusively.

27 Re: Easter Bunnies on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:22 am

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Depends on his mark in relation to Houlihan's. All be it Sanderson-Milera is running well but he has had his fair share of injuries this season. Did see he ran an almost sub 50sec 400m on the weekend. Fitness he has! Two SA athletes in the final!

28 Re: Easter Bunnies on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:57 am

Spiderman

neither SA runner will make the final. Probably at least four of this years finalists we haven't even seen yet.

29 Re: Easter Bunnies on Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Al Dente

Looking forward to hopefully a good race to finish off the year. After Ballarat I liked Innes Wong. He was also good at Stonnington but was still short of some of some other SA boys. He then chose to win Loxton and Flagstaff Gifts and then must take a 1 to 1.5 hit which will make it much harder for him. I still think he will be good but there are 3 standout SA runners Houlihan, Sanderson-Milera and Hicks. I think at least 2 of these will final. Sanderson-Milera looks the winner to me.

30 Re: Easter Bunnies on Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:41 pm

chopper

Stevens off 2.0m or more will win the gift. Won Keilor off 3.25m. Anyone with whose name begins with H will make up final. Harvey, Houlihan, Hicks, Hignett, Hughes.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum