PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » watching the womens stawell gift with interest

watching the womens stawell gift with interest

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 watching the womens stawell gift with interest on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:35 am

Fishbowls

It will be very interesting to see which high profile ladies head to stawell this year for the womens gift with a large amount of $$$$ on board. The fact that is doesn't clash with brisbane nationals makes the decision alot easier for the track runners. With breen a high chance of competing will she be the back marker or if sally enters does she take the honour of scratch marker. It would also be great to see the likes of whittaker, brennan, nelson, geddes, wosil, boden, wearne, coates and the crop of young fast sprinters coming through to make this race another highlight at the stawell carnival this year. Love to see the entry list and put out an early poll. For me one ballarat women's gift winner who's times (13.9 off practical scratch) were so impressive that Its hard to believe she only ran a 12.12 at the NSW opens champs on the weekend. Hiding it well or injured????. time will tell. Excited by contest.

CS

A little selective on mentioning her times aren't you Fishbowl? Same athlete ran 11.80 and 11.85 in the heat and semi at the same NSW champs.

Fishbowls

Never. There was also 11.59 in Perth with a tailwind. 13.9 off scratch mark on grass up hill then down hill at ballarat works out to be a 11.60 on grass. Thats alot quicker than 11.8 and 11.85 on one of the quickest tracks in Australia.

Hubbaup

What is the expected pull in Wearnes mark for the Ballarat win ??

Fishbowls

Would have to be 1m to 1.5m I'd think

cantrun

Penalty table says min 2mt pull . Puts her well behind scratch, and breen is close to 3mt quicker. Field will need to be lifted nearly 5 mt for anyone else to be in the mix. Hard for the girls off 10+ to know whether to enter or not

Hubbaup

I think those girls have already entered CantRun. Would there be a chance that Breen and Wearne would go behind scratch or is it a case of bad luck for anybody near the limit. Are they gunna get the 14m max and that's it ??

Fishbowls

Yes those who where close to the limit mark already and get pushed forward due to breen (4.5m last year this year 3.5 to mark) just like it happens in the men.

Meatpie

Cantrun 5m lift for Breen give me a break mate. Josh Ross won 2 Stawell Gifts (last off scratch so should be minimum -3m based on penalties) and the lift was only 1m. Field was only 1m when Asafa Powell came out. Girls had far too much lift last year with winning time a crazy 13.29 so I don’t think they will make same mistake. It will be a disaster for Stawell if a front marker wins $40k in a time like that this year. Lift for Breen will be 2.5m- 3m which stills runs the risk of multiple sub 13.6 runs that will put backmarkers out of contention. Wearne won Ballarat off 0.25m so cops 2m minimum penalty putting her at -1.75m so will run off 1.25m at Stawell. The interesting ones will be other amo runners like Ella Nelson / Ash Whittaker / Brennan who might enter. Nelson is National 200m champion and has shown last 2 years she runs quick over 120m on grass at Queenbeyan. Actually faster peg to peg than Breen on grass over 120m there. Will she get full Breen lift or with an 13.7 off 3.25m on grass she may be handicapped to minus as well before the Breen lift. All these girls would need 3m to be a chance against athletes like Stevens/ Cartledge / Cosgriff / O’Dwyer / Boustead.

Fishbowls

Spot on meatpie

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Always interesting when the field goes out to accommodate a certain runner and with the prizemoney making it a 'classic' the handicapper has quite a bit of discretion to even up the field. There will be a 'standard' lift for the field but not everyone will be on the receiving end of the 'discretionary' lifts. I reckon the appeal panel might be busy.

Hubbaup

There are a few more Stonnington Semi Finalists who were happy enough to grab there $100 and safely fly under the radar and a couple of interstaters that will be around the mark and give the top Ammos and Breen something to chase. Hopefully there is a bit of pre heat betting on the women's this year, might be an interesting market that's for sure.

Trackstar

Meatpie said there was only a 1m lift for Asafa Powell.
Not sure that is right. Wasn't it something like 1.75m to 2.0m?

cantrun

So do they still base the women's marks the same as the open events? Fastest runs averaged out or PBs ? Breen off scratch could potentially run 13.35-13.40 if she gets close to being in great shape.... Which isn't along way from last years time. Even from recent form she can run 13.52. Certainly going to be interesting

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum