PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Women's Stonnington Marks

Women's Stonnington Marks

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:34 pm

airtight

Littleratrunning wrote:As for Michelle Davis and her numerous Tassie wins have you any idea what races they were? Mainly minor carnivals. she has actually only had about 4 big Tassie carnival wins to her name and these wins have been in distances from 200m through to 800m she's never won a major gift down the middle.

ONLY 4 major wins. WOW, SO hard done by,,,,,NOT.
Compared to the athletes who have none, she's ahead of the pack..

Last edited by airtight on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

32 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:49 pm

robynm

airtight wrote:
Littleratrunning wrote:As for Michelle Davis and her numerous Tassie wins have you any idea what races they were? Mainly minor carnivals. she has actually only had about 4 big Tassie carnival wins to her name and these wins have been in distances from 200m through to 800m she's never won a major gift down the middle.

ONLY 4 major wins. WOW, SO hard done by,,,,,NOT.
Compared to the athletes who have none, she's ahead of the pack..

someone cant count and has forgotten some wins this lass has had in her successful career.

According to the TAL website Ballarat 800, Burnie 400 twice, St helens 120, hobart gift, roseberry 200, devonport 200 gift. This young lass has more prizemoney than most of the blokes. not doing it hard let me tell you.

Scratched from Stonnington....watch her for Stawell after her 2nd place at Trinity looking very comfortable.

33 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Littleratrunning

For starters Davis is not exactly a young lass and I'd hardly call carnivals like Roseberry & St Helens a major carnival when only a handful of female athletes compete. Oh and I hardly think Davis will be one to watch at Stawell the young lass is running at Masters Nationals in Sydney. Pfffft!

34 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:50 pm

HaleStorm

criticising juniors in our sport no wonder it is dying. pathetic having a go at a 17 year old girl on an anonymous forum

35 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:23 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Fair call Halestorm and some consideration was given to censoring this thread but on balance there has been significant support for the athlete and the criticism is more to do with the handicapping system.

On the issue of the sport dying.....you might need to check the figures on that. In SA, Victora, WA & NSW, pro-running registrations are up substantially, with significant increase in junior participation in SA & Victoria. It is as healthy as I've seen it since the 1990's.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

36 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:37 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
The increased numbers of juniors has been a real highlight of this season.

Maybe that extra $60,000 that Australia Post chipped in could have been better spent across 6 women's and junior women's events to keep these newbies in the sport for longer, and attract even more females. For example:

$20k Women's Gift
$5k U20 Girl's Gift
$10k Women's 400m
$5k U20 Girl's 400m
$5k Women's 1600m
$5k U20 800m
$10km Spread out across a range of U16 girl's events.

Can you imagine how high participation would increase across the whole sport and not just one event if the money was utilised in this way?

37 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 am

Bumble Bee Man

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Agree with you DizzyRunner. Great point. Only time will tell if the money was well spent.

38 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:28 am

Graeme Lebroy

Yes its just marketing a perception of "equality".

Funnily it will probably get more new runners registered/interested than having Asafa Powell turn up. Whether it actually gets any more interest from the general public I doubt very much.

39 Re: Women's Stonnington Marks on Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:38 am

Spiderman

agree with you JH. doesn't help the VAL out at all. Just looks after Stawell and I too believe it won't get any extra interest from the general pop

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum