PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Keilor Gift

Keilor Gift

Who wins Keilor?

1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 9 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
7% 7% [ 8 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 4 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 12 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 10 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
4% 4% [ 5 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
10% 10% [ 12 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
8% 8% [ 9 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 3 ]
10% 10% [ 12 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 116

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Keilor Gift on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:27 pm

Mex

Moving on from Ballarat to a place that is always a top meet. Keilor in the heat. Are there some standout chances? You know the drill. Please note, Craig Mair's mark does not reflect his pull for winning Ballarat.

2 Re: Keilor Gift on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:27 pm

Mex

Got half way through the Trinity post and slipped with the mouse and hit refresh, lost it all, so lets move to Keilor, which is run before Trinity anyway.
Welcome back to one of everyone's favourite gifts. There are always athletes who have a big crack and with multiple semi finals it can be cut throat. The chances here according to the poll, after 69 votes, are;

Daniel Steinhauser 8.25m / Jason Bailey 8.5m (6 votes) - One thing is for sure, the more of these I write, the better I am at spelling some names. Steinhauser showed great form up at Albury and was unlucky to be beaten by Mair. He should make the final here and if he doesn't get up, should continue to challenge over the coming weeks. Off 8.25m now, he is a huge chance to pick up the sash. Bailey has not really troubled the scorers since winning at Ararat. Received an NAP for his Ballarat run, is this an indication of not being up to the classics or that he thought he had more chance of something like Keilor? I would think it was inexperience and that he will be one to watch over the coming years. Votes here are for Steinhauser.

Robert Lehmann 9m / Robet Lugo 9m (5 votes) - Could a veteran athlete win for the third week in a row? Withe Trinity the next day, we could have a situation where the last 4 gifts are won by these athletes, that might annoy some, but not this writer. If they are fit enough good luck to them. Lehmann is a cagey runner who will have planned his season out well. Having 9m may prove to be a little tight if the bigger names all have a fair crack, but I would love to see him in the final because he would be a popular veteran winner. Lugo is back 2m from his Bay mark and ran a 13.30 120m. I would think that any SA athlete who makes the trip would want to be moving better than that. May run, but it might be for the handicapper to have a look. Votes here for Lehmann I think.

Calvin Gook 10m / Matthew Harvey 10m (9 votes) - Gook is an interesting one. He has shown that he has improved his strength over the 300m and could potential transfer this to the gift distance if he started to focus on it. Keilor would appear to be too big for him this year, but with a few more runs and an increase in mark, could he get to a gift final next year? Harvey is turning into a very good runner off his mark. 10m is cherry ripe for him to seriously challenge major gift races. A final here would seem about right, a placing or less would seem he has bigger targets in mind. Votes here are definitely for Harvey.

Leigh Phelan 11m / William Little 11.25m - Phelan has been thereabouts in a few gifts this year and if he was to target one of the better races, this may be it. Slightly less than the classics but still a level above some of the others. He must have been building towards something this season, could we see one of the other Veteran runners find their way into the final with a chance of a podium finish? Little has not improved as much as I thought he may have form his Maribyrnong gift win in 2014. I would think this one may be a little out of his reach and that the votes were more for Phelan.

Paul Hughes 14m / Timothy Rosen 14m (9m) - Here is another veteran runner who could shake things up a bit if he is at his best. Again though, I think this one may be a little out of reach as generally speaking some of the athletes with smaller marks like to trial their way down the track at the bigger meets. Could he beat Rosen of level pegs? Probably not. Rosen lost form recently and would have to find it again to final here. Can he compete on the big stage against guys who are really digging in? I don't think he can hold of a flying Phelan and may find himself short. Final at best.

All the best for the weekend, my pick is not in the main votes.

3 Re: Keilor Gift on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Bigsteps

Always love to read your poll write up Mex....just a little confused with Robert Lehmann 9m/ Robert Lugo 9m, as I think you have the wrong Lehmann.....thought Robert was off 10.25m...keep up your great work....

4 Re: Keilor Gift on Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:23 pm

Mex

Ha, very true, thanks for the proof reading. 

It should be Brady Lehmann, who off 9m should be in this up to his armpits. I am guessing that this Lehmann is another one who may have a look at his form over the coming weeks and assess where he could place come Easter. A big improver in my eyes. 

And, Robert Lehmann off 10.25m is much better for him, that extra meter and a half from my previous post should have him in the semi finals.

Sorry for the mistake, my spelling has improved, now to work on my reading skills I guess.

5 Re: Keilor Gift on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 pm

Johnny FairPlay

Hey Mex
You may have got the other bloke off 9m wrong as well.

Robert Lugo is a 35/yo 10k runner from Venezuela
Robet Lugo - guy from SA
Rupert Lugo - 1st year runner with VAL

6 Re: Keilor Gift on Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:47 pm

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

If you're a 20 something athlete and haven't won a Gift, forget about Keilor. It will be a win for the Revolving door of tick collecting vets who play the game.

7 Re: Keilor Gift on Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Mex

Ouch, bad week for me it seems. Might have to just run. Had so many names and numbers in my head that I have done poorly. NAP for me this week. Sorry. Good luck anywayl

8 Re: Keilor Gift on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:23 pm

OldandSlow

Someone get 'whataboutmemrhandicaper' a violin and some tissues and while doing so take the silver spoon out of his mouth. You honestly trying to tell me that there are no 20 something athletes in that list that if they really wanted the win couldn't get it at Keilor? Don't get sour grapes and basically label all vets a bunch of cheats simply because of a few recent big wins or your personal circumstances.

Good luck on the weekend anyway, you never know maybe you'll final and win and in return have a change of attitude.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum