PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » jack hale and stawell

jack hale and stawell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 jack hale and stawell on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:43 pm

just heard on abc radio .Stawell are negoitiating for jack to run in gift,
jack strained hammy last week at newcastle meet pulled out of sprint relay.and possibly ballarat
with the publicity generated by halestorm will be big event this year????

2 Re: jack hale and stawell on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:40 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Any chance that the athletics community can let this kid grow up and develop into all that his potential has to offer? Or must we risk his injury and burn-out in the chase for hype and short-term gain?

3 Re: jack hale and stawell on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:03 am

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
I agree ToM, it appears whoever is looking after him seems determined to cash in on his new found celebrity at the detriment of his development and well being.

4 Re: jack hale and stawell on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:36 am

MOB

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Tom I couldn't agree with you more & have been staggered at the management of this lad over the last few months.

5 Re: jack hale and stawell on Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:38 am

timrosen35

May also be the responsibility of clubs to not throw big $$$ at him to appear? Hard to say no in a sport with very little money. I'm not worried about the attention he is getting, he can handle that. More the amount of racing.

6 Re: jack hale and stawell on Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:17 am

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

Getting a bit precious aren't we? This kid could not have been better managed. Bet he's making more cash than the average 16yo working at McDonalds. He's probably the only athlete in Australia right now earning more money for competing than he is getting handouts from the government.

Burn out? What about the kids chucked into the pressure cooker of professional sport like tennis. 14yo kids leaving their families to try out with Chelsea or Manchester United? Aussie Rules kids at 16 playing up to 30 games per year with school, club and rep games?

Give me a break.
Jack Hale only has to run a couple of 120's or 100 at a running meet and earns $$$ that go into a trust und for him. Kids today are resilient and a lot more savvy about the big wide world out there.

Honestly, who on this forum, wouldn't wish to be in Jack Hales' position right now? He's living the dream.

7 Re: jack hale and stawell on Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:26 pm

Downesy

Agree with WhataboutmeMrHandicapper. We hear of Hale getting a slight hammy strain, and we're wrapping him up in cotton wool. This concern may be warranted;- he may be our next great Aussie hope. I hope so. But I'm certain that the amount of racing he has been doing isn't going to hurt him. Most of the consistent pro runners on the various circuits race more than he has in the season thus far. If anything, I'd be tipping his long jumping may be a catalyst for his injury, and is anyone going to tell him to give it up? Highly unlikely at 16, and I wouldn't think discouraging him from anything to do with aths would be the smartest course. He'll be right.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum