PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » St Albans Gift

St Albans Gift

Who wins St Albans?

1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 3 ]
5% 5% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 10 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
7% 7% [ 8 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
3% 3% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
9% 9% [ 11 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
18% 18% [ 22 ]
3% 3% [ 4 ]
3% 3% [ 4 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
1% 1% [ 1 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
5% 5% [ 6 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
2% 2% [ 2 ]
21% 21% [ 26 ]
0% 0% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 121

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 St Albans Gift on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:21 pm

Mex

Who will be making their run under lights this week? I think that Tancredi will be running off 7.5m after his win at Rye. Some runners are starting to get some decent marks now.

2 Re: St Albans Gift on Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:53 pm

vicoutsider

Mex wrote:Who will be making their run under lights this week? I think that Tancredi will be running off 7.5m after his win at Rye. Some runners are starting to get some decent marks now.

He was obviously due for a lift to 8.25m, so does that mean he comes back to 7.75 or does he forfeit any ticks / lifts and come back to 7.5? I'm guessing the latter?

3 Re: St Albans Gift on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:14 pm

vicinsider

Yes the latter applies

4 Re: St Albans Gift on Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:40 pm

sprintstar

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Paul Tancredi to go back to back

5 Re: St Albans Gift on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:21 pm

SANCHEZ

You have to get penalized off your winning mark. You can't expect to get penalized off a mark you haven't run off. Must remember the winning margin was over 2m.

6 Re: St Albans Gift on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:02 pm

airtight

Be interesting if hypothetically, the whole field got lifted 1m because an elite athlete entered. Be a massive penalty if you missed out on the lift and copped a penalty.
Agree though, where there's only been a few lifts, penalty must be on winning mark.

7 Re: St Albans Gift on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:14 pm

cantrun

So, if you normally run off say, 13mt but win off 12mt due to the limit.. .. pulled from 12 ????

8 Re: St Albans Gift on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 pm

ProTrackRunner

Cantrun my thoughts on this would be If you're capable of winning a big Gift from 12m and your actual mark is 13 you shouldn't be on 13 to begin with... And the pull from 12m would be justified completely.

Just think, if you were a runner lining up against a guy or girl who beat you from a mark and then retained that mark the following week.

Congrats to Paul on his Rye win too, All 3 of his runs were identical and perfectly executed from start to finish.

Top Runs from a Top bloke.

9 Re: St Albans Gift on Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Mex

113 votes at the time of writing. A few clear tips from the poll, lets take a look.

Carl Morehouse 5m (6 votes) - Showed early form by winning Northcote 100m off 4.5m. Hurt himself in the process but if fit will give the semi a shake. Not sure he will have enough to take it out though.

Connor Verrall 7m / Cameron Moss 7.25m (9 votes) - Interesting that there are votes here. I would think that they are for Moss. Don't remember seeing Verrall this season although I may be wrong. Moss has quietly crept out in his mark. Ran the 300m after qualifying for the Warragul Gift final only to run a very slow 300m final. I think there was a hint of a fluffy tail popping out at many stages this year. One to watch for later in the season, if not this year then maybe the next.

Aaron Pooley 8m / Daniel Steinhauser 8m (8 votes) - Again, the votes here are likely for Steinhauser. He has ran well this season so far and must be building towards either a big gift win or another crack at the ultimate. Final not out of the question.

Fraser Heard 9m / Brady Lehmann 9m (11 votes) - Heard has not shown much form over the Sheffield distance yet and will likely need a bit more to challenge. Lehmann has a handy mark and is coached by someone who knows how to look after his athletes. Another athlete who could go close in any of the bigger gifts for the remainder of the season. Not sure he will win but may final.

Matthew Harvey 9.75m / Dylan Hicks 9.75m (22 votes) - Harvey has made a couple of finals already this season and will win something soon. His Bendigo win was off a little more but I think he has improved. Good chance at a final and a win if this is where his program has him peaking. Dylan Hicks won Brighton off 8.5m earlier this season and finds himself with a handy mark of 9.75m. Not sure that he is making the trip over, but at some stage he will come over and have a decent crack at something.

Noddy Angelakos 12.25m / Nick Howard 12.5m (6 votes) - Angelakos has not been able to fire like he did last season but if fit must be considered a chance. Maybe a few speculative votes here for if he is up and about not sure he will be able to turn around his 13.58 from Maryborough this quick though. Howard has not shown much either here, so I think a few votes for Noddy.

Tim Rosen 14m / Gary Theodore 14m (25 votes) - It seems when Rosen runs he gets votes, poll favourite at the moment and I think they are all for him. Has not moved out in his mark, so will want to pick something up soon as other runners are starting to move. Does the lure of St Albans under lights get him home? I would think the final for sure and it may be his to lose if he has a 12.5 - 12.6 in him to challenge and can he finish off his race?

Interesting runners

Carrick Gill-Vallance 12m - Has shown plenty over the shorter distances this season. Has received a 2m lift since his run at Northcote (ran off 8.25m which equates to 10m over 120m). In anyone's language that is handy. He should be in the mix for the final in my opinion.

Kevin Brittain 5.75m - Made another final at Rye on the weekend but receives no votes in the poll. I watched the Rye footage a few times and think he must be building towards something, probably going to run his standard 12.2 - 12.3 at Easter. One to watch.

Paul Tancredi 7.25m? - Won Rye on the weekend and could conceivably win here again. Probably very happy to build his mark back up and look to scaring a few people in a semi at Stawell. Don't discount from a final here though.

Dale Lyons 9.75m - Made the final at Rye and will win something soon in my books. 

There are about 12 guys that could make the final this week so picking a final is difficult but I would expect in no particular order for Rosen, Harvey and Lyons to be in the final.

Interesting to note that we have not seen some of the Stawell gift finalists this season yet. Have they all retired Versace style or hoping to improve off their mark. One to ponder.

Good luck

10 Re: St Albans Gift on Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:17 pm

vicoutsider

Mex, your write ups are something I look forward to every week, another ripper job, kudos.

11 Re: St Albans Gift on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:54 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
Well said Vicoutsider,
To go to such an effort each week in researching & writing up the form is much appreciated by many. A big spike in hits for this thread happens when Mex posts his commentary, and as you said, it's well worth waiting for.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum