PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Maryborough Stewards Report

Maryborough Stewards Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Maryborough Stewards Report on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:08 pm

airtight

Maryborough Gift Stewards report.
Full report - http://www.val.org.au/News/tabid/132/ID/89/Stewards-Report--Maryborough-Gift-112015.aspx

BUT This is Interesting!

After the running of the 120 metres gift final stewards interviewed second placed Tim Eschebach regarding his performance. Although Eschebach’s time loss was minimal, stewards believed the effort produced by Tim was not that required for the final of a $15,000 event.  Stewards were also concerned that after running the fastest semi final time, and defeating the eventual winner, he was at a $4.00 quote with the sole bookmaker working on the event.

2 Re: Maryborough Stewards Report on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:18 pm

DizzyRunner

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Is it interesting? Really?

Interesting because you didn't know athletes did this kind of thing?
Or interesting because steward who have been around the sport for a billion years noticed it?
Or interesting because stewards noticed and chose to write about it?
Or interesting because it gives you a chance to further point attention to another athlete and his/her potential plans?

3 Re: Maryborough Stewards Report on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:29 pm

airtight

It seems to me the only time we hear from Dizzy now days is to react negatively to other posts. What happened to the good old days when Dizzy was pro active with interesting commentary?
It's published on the VAL website, so not sure why you are questioning the messenger.
To answer your questions. None of the above.
Interesting because I haven't read anything like that before where the stewards have referenced the betting. I didn't know he was $4 after running the fastest time in the semis. That is interesting to me.

4 Re: Maryborough Stewards Report on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Baltimore Jack

Sorta think that Airtight highlighting the stewards report has a touched a raw nerve with Mr Dizzy Runner. Could DR be among the mentioned athletes?
Only asking!

5 Re: Maryborough Stewards Report on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Mick The Rex

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Nice to have you back Dizzy, nice line of questioning! Nothing negative about your post in my book, keep the bastards honest!!

6 Re: Maryborough Stewards Report on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Baltimore Jack

There's the first shock of 2015.  bounce
Mick throwing some love Dizzy's way. guess time heals old wounds.

7 Re: Maryborough Stewards Report on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:50 pm

oldman

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Good to see you back online MTR

I like the fact that the stewards are open and transparent enough to publish the stewards reports - well done VAL

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum