PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Today at 8:42 pm by JH

» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Bay Sheff Heats Selections

Bay Sheff Heats Selections

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bay Sheff Heats Selections on Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Bay Sheffield heats have been made tougher this year with 7 or 8 allocated to a heat as opposed to the 5 or 6 we have seen in recent years.

From the first heat there's quite a few chances in each. First two will automatically advance. Those who finish outside the top two will have to rely on being among the fastest 8 non-automatic qualifiers.

Here's a look at each of the 11 heats.

HEAT 1
James Cibich v Isaac Dunmall. Cibich concedes 1m to Dunmall and if the Queenslander turns up in Stawell Gift shape, I reckon he will be hard to run down. Dunmall was fastest up in the 2014 Stawell Gift heats.
Dunmall, Cibich, Cam Dunbar, then Rob Lehmann. Possibly all four might qualify.

HEAT 2
Based on last year, Matt Short should win this one. He was the 4th fastest athlete at the Bay last year, running 2nd in his semi to Adam Coote. Carl Morehouse won the Northcote 100m and made the Burnie final off 6.50 so he is my 2nd pick. Michael Dotti ran well at Queanbeyan so he should just edge out Doug Greenough for 3rd. Ryan Atkins will be close up in fifth place.
Short, Morehouse, Dotti, Greenough, Atkins.

HEAT 3
Looks a comfortable heat win for the 2012 Runner-up John Jakeman. Jake Stangewitz was 2nd at Whyalla so he's second pick just from Ryan Camille.
Jakeman, Stangewitz, Camille.

HEAT 4
Dylan Hicks will romp this one in by about 3m. James Vine and Josh Tiu probably run 2nd & 3rd with Jordan Tronnolone, Mitchell Tucker & Brad Schutz vieing for a fastest time qualification.

HEAT 5
This could be a cracking heat or a fizzer. Depends on the smokey Samuel Kete. If he is backed tomorrow, then expect a fast heat. Otherwise Sebastian Baird looks the winner. A few in doubt here - Alex Bubner, Alex Saliu, Lyall Weir have all had interrupted preps. In the absence of some decent form from these three, Piotr Dudkiewicz looks a likely placegetter.
I'll go with my instincts...
Kete, Baird, Dudkiewicz, Bubner, Saliu, Weir.

HEAT 6
A battle in two between Tim Eschbach & Connor Verrall. Jarrad Dartnall, Nathan Riali & Queanbeyan winner Thomas Newman look the next best. I think the 1m lift for Verrall was generous for a 19 year old and probably puts him slightly ahead.
Verrall, Eschebach, Dartnall, Riali, T Newman.

HEAT 7
Chris Innes-Wong and Simon Jackson ran similar times at Stawell and both are back 0.50m. Innes-Wong has the home ground advantage, so I expect him to hold out Jackson. Wallace Long-Scafidi has had a few issues with a hamstring since winning Whyalla. I reckon he will run 3rd ahead of James Bayliss. Tjimarri Sanderson-Milera is a doubtful starter.
Innes-Wong, Jackson, Long-Scafidi.

HEAT 8
David Gross should win this one comfortably. He does have three handy athletes to contend with in
Todd Bateman, Robert Spencer & Matthew Eddy. But Gross should have a metre or so to spare.
Gross, Spencer, Eddy, Bateman.

HEAT 9
Another Heat that could be quick, depending on whether Tim McGuire let's fly in the heat. Sometimes he holds a little back in the heats, so he migh just do enough to win. But if he is on song, he should win comfortably from Clay Watkins and Jake Jervis-Bardy. Jack Newman & Glenn Ross won't be that far away. Could be a few qualifiers from this one.
McGuire, Watkins, Jervis-Bardy, Ross, Newman.

HEAT 10
The heat that will bring the crowded a standstill. All eyes will be on the boy in red - Jack Hale. Doesn't have an easy task with Kevin Brittain, Ryan Hancock, & Dylan Panizza out ahead of him. The 21.29s for 200m at the Adelaide track 3 weeks ago, suggests Hale will have no problems handling the 120m on grass. I'm tipping him to make the final, so I expect he should be able to win the heat. Hancock was placed at Brighton & might get the auto qualifier just ahead of Panizza & Brittain.
Hale, Hancock, Panizza, Brittain.

HEAT 11
Luke Houlihan has the advantage of knowing who will have the fastest time thus far when he runs in this, the final heat. He should win it by a comfortable margin with maybe Lachlan Sheffield grabbing the automatic qualifying 2nd place. Toss up for 3rd between Matt Davies, Dale Woodhams, Dale Lyons & Matthew Seaman.
Houlihan, Sheffield, Woodhams, Lyon, Davies.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum