PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Good to see a Pro Running based coach getting recognised as the ATFCA still has a pulse

Good to see a Pro Running based coach getting recognised as the ATFCA still has a pulse

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Last night at the ATFCA (SA Branch) AGM, five coaches were awarded life memberships of the local branch. Included were myself and John Hodge (pictured below). The ATFCA is currently struggling losing over 2000 members since AA's coaching registration system got up & running.

I accept there was a time when a pro-running coach was the 'anti-christ' as far as the ATFCA was concerned, but times have changed and the ATFCA looks to pro running as a fantastic vehicle for athlete & coach development.  

I don't know what the main issues are in respect to why AA has frozen out the ATFCA but I do have faith in the organisation to deliver quality coaching programs and coaching information in the form of it's newsletter, magazine & the national coaching congress.  The ATFCA has an insurance policy exactly the same as AA's and in my view the membership remains value for money....otherwise I would have ditched it by now.

The 2015 congress will be in Adelaide on October 2nd to 4th October 2015. So if you are not a member of the ATFCA and you are a coach, I recommend you join up and get along to the congress in Adelaide next year.

Recently the ATFCA became affiliated with Fitness Australia as an approved Continuing Education Provider. The president of the ATFCA, Dennis Goodwin discusses ATFCA's involvement with Fitness Australia in this month's ATFCA NEWS. Basically it means that fitness professionals can earn Continuing Education Credits by attending ATFCA courses.

By the way just to show the ATFCA's willingness to embrace the pro's over the last few years, I'm not the first pro-running base coach to receive an SA branch life membership - Frank McHugh is a previous recipient of an ATFCA SA Branch life membership and Frank was at the AGM last night.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 pro running coaches on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:47 pm

chopper

hey congrats
as a pro runner with a coaching pedigree of bill ross and keith patching
we now know why they did somethings
wind sprints for athletes as tempo and those out of form = getting leg speed back
block starts in the last month ++ = developing strength/speed
only look after athletes who look after themselves = lessons in life
competition in the stable and out of stable = he only way to develop winning form
respect your coach and your fellow athletes

well done John and Paul

Admin

Admin
Admin
Bill Ross and Keith Patching - SA coaching royalty.

Their legacy are the coaches currently with the SAAL who benefited from the wisdom of Bill & Keith.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum