PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Jack Hale runs 10.42secs to break his own Open state & U/18 national record

Jack Hale runs 10.42secs to break his own Open state & U/18 national record

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/tasmanias-own-sprint-sensation-jack-hale-breaks-his-100m-record/story-fnj4f7g3-1227094667303

Tasmania’s own sprint sensation Jack Hale breaks his 100m record

SIMEON THOMAS-WILSON
MERCURY
OCTOBER 18, 2014 1:49PM

TASMANIAN long jumper/sprinter Jack Hale has broken the Tasmanian open and Australian under-18 100m record for the second school carnival in a row.

The 16-year-old St Virgil’s student ran 10.44 seconds at the Southern SATIS athletics carnival last month and he bettered that effort at today’s state edition with a blistering 10.42 seconds in the boys’ under 16 event.

With a wind reading of 0.7, Hale’s time was well under the legal wind reading.

Hutchins student Russel Taib finished second.

youngy

Admin
Admin
http://www.news.com.au/national/tasmania/tasmanias-own-sprint-sensation-jack-hale-breaks-his-100m-record/story-fnn32rbc-1227094667303

Tasmania’s own sprint sensation Jack Hale breaks his 100m record

The Mercury via news.com.au
OCTOBER 19, 2014

ANOTHER inter-school carnival, another national and state 100m record for Hobart’s 16-year-old sprinting sensation Jack Hale.

Last month, the St Virgil’s College student broke the Tasmanian open and Australian under-18 100m records, as well as becoming the fastest under-17 athlete in the world, with a blistering 10.44 second run at the Southern Sports Association of Tasmania Independent Schools athletics carnival.

At yesterday’s state SATIS carnival, Hale proved to any doubters that he is the real deal as he produced another record-breaking run of 10.42 sec to take out the under-16 boys’ 100m.

Hale, who finished in front of Hutchins’ Russel Taib, was aided by a slight 0.7m per second tailwind, which meant the run was well and truly legal.

Not only did his latest blistering run improve his national and state records, it also saw him move up to equal sixth on the IAAF world youth rankings for the 100m.

Hale said he was ecstatic to prove he’s no fluke.

“Warming up I felt pretty quick,” he said.

“I thought I could get close to my previous best, maybe a little better but I didn’t really expect to run 10.42 seconds.”

As with his previous run, prominent figures from Australian and Tasmanian athletics were gushing with praise over Hale’s performance.

Athletics Australia’s junior high performance manager Sara Mulkearns said it demonstrated the wealth of talent emerging from Tasmania.

“It’s absolutely fantastic, and it shows that he’s not just a one-trick pony as he’s also very talented in the long jump,” she said.

Dual Olympian and Tasmanian Institute of Sport coach Susan Andrews said she was thrilled to see him produce such a quick time with minimal wind assistance.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum