PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Braemar Results (Scotland)

Braemar Results (Scotland)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: Braemar Results (Scotland) on Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:21 am

youngy

Admin
Admin
BRAEMAR
OPEN 100M HANDICAP

1 = John Steede TLJT[26m]
1 = Tom Holligan Edinburgh AC[3m]
3  David Brand Pitreavie AC

John Steede? He's got to be 70 plus. John was a very good athlete in his day, winning two Jedburgh sprints (1963 & 1972) - the premier Scottish summer season pro event. He's been a very loyal servant to the Borders & Highland Games circuits and served many distinguished roles in the sport including over 20 years as the Jedburgh treasurer.

It is great to see he's still running aged in his 70's but winning the 100m Open at Braemar off 26m??? I'm not sure what value is in that for the sport over all. The cost of entry to the Braemar Gathering is not cheap. Paying to watch a 70 year old bloke trundling along for 74m to dead heat with a young bloke conceding a 23m start might be entertaining from a novelty value but it's not something I'd be willing to pay to watch.

Glad we won't ever see a 70 year old bloke bowling up the track at the Bay Sheffield or Stawell in the main race off 26m.

2 Re: Braemar Results (Scotland) on Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:56 pm

mwebster

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Geeezzzzz "Youngy", there's hope for us yet....hahahahahahahahahahaha lol!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum