PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Gift
Yesterday at 4:03 pm by GLPR

» Brighton Open Gift
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Yesterday at 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Yesterday at 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

» Northcote results
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:18 am by Todd Ireland

» Northcote Gift
Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:52 pm by untouchables

» Northcote Womens 100m
Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:23 pm by Thatsthestats

» Bay Sheffield Novice and Restricted race eligibility
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:54 pm by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Usain Bolt resumes training after back injury

Usain Bolt resumes training after back injury

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Usain Bolt resumes training after back injury on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:44 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport/Bolt-eyes-SKorea---Targets-defence-of-world-sprint-titles

Bolt eyes S’Korea - Targets defence of world sprint titles.

The Jamaican Observer
Wednesday, January 05, 2011

BRIDGETOWN, Barbados (CMC) — Jamaican sprint wizard Usain Bolt says he has resumed training and is already eyeing the defence of his titles at the World Championships in South Korea this August.

The 24-year-old mega star suffered a back injury that forced him to call a premature end to his season last August, but said he had received a clean bill of health and was now working closely with coach Glen Mills as he prepared for the new season.

“I’m already back in training and recently [went to see] Doctor Muller-Wohlfahrt in Munich,” Bolt told the German newspaper World Online.

“He confirmed to me that everything looks good. I have no more problems, my muscles feel great, my back is in tiptop shape. I’m on the right track.”

Bolt cut short his season just a week after a shock defeat to American Tyson Gay, his first 100 metres loss in over two years. The layoff forced him to miss Diamond League meetings in Zurich and Brussels.

He will defend his sprint titles at the upcoming World Championships where he is expected to see stiff competition, especially from Gay who is back to his best after overcoming injury that plagued him in recent years.

Bolt, the Olympic champion in both sprints, said winning in South Korea would be crucial especially ahead of London 2012.

“The World Championships in Daegu 2011 important to me,” he pointed out.

“If is I lose there, that would mean extra pressure for me to... [at] the Olympic Games a year later. If I win, it would [give me back] a lot of confidence. That’s my goal.”

The World Championships, which run from August 27 to September 4, are expected to attract major global attention following on from Berlin two years ago when Bolt produced stunning new records.

Bolt, who has kept up a hectic schedule in recent months with sponsorship events and the promotion of his new autobiography, said he was still trying to iron out small kinks in his technique.

“Definitely my start is still not as consistent as it should be. This is the key for me,” he stressed.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum