PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Today at 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Brad Letton wins Daylesford Gift

Brad Letton wins Daylesford Gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Brad Letton wins Daylesford Gift on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/daylesford-gift-letton-wins-mens-final/2038397.aspx

Daylesford Gift: Letton wins men's final

Ballarat Courier website
03 Jan, 2011 03:14 PM

SOUTH Australian Bradley Letton has taken out the men's final of the Daylesford Gift, ahead of Ballarat's Robert Lehmann.

Letton pipped Lehmann on the line in the 100m final with a time of 10.98 seconds.

Matthew Mifsud came third.

Lehmann had posted the fastest semi-final time of 11 seconds to qualify for the final.

In doing so, he knocked out defending champion Shaun Hargreaves and fellow Ballarat sprinters Nathan Fox and Rod Mathews.

Letton said he was shocked by his win, which earnt him $1200.

"I'm just surprised to get any prize money," he said.

Letton had to work extra hard to qualify for the final, receiving a 0.75m penalty for breaking in his heat.

He finished second in his semi-final.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Re: Brad Letton wins Daylesford Gift on Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
In other results,

Brendan Cole (1.50) won the backmarkers 100m beating Cam Dunbar and scratchman Matt Hargreaves.

NSW athlete Patrick Hammond (5.50) won the 70m from Chris Hargreaves (5.25) and Richard Hankin (4.0).

Adam Ratcliffe won the 400m open off 32m.

Becky Pile won the women's 400m off 20m. 2nd was Megan Letton and 3rd was R Gilden off 33m.

Blackburn's Craig Harris (88m) won the 800m.

Mark Hipworth trained Ian Burrows (150m) won the 1600m and Rebecca Cato (360m) won the novice mile.

Brad Letton ran off 8.00m to beat Rob Lehmann (8.75m) in the 100m.

3 Re: Brad Letton wins Daylesford Gift on Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:26 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/athletics/thrilling-end-to-daylesford-gift/2038634.aspx?storypage=0

DRAMATIC dash: South Australian winner Bradley Letton
(blue) stumbles after a powerful Daylesford Gift finish yesterday.
He fell into the path of oncoming runner Peter Dudkiewicz (white),
spiking him in the thigh. Rob Lehmann (yellow) from Ballarat was second.

Thrilling end to Daylesford Gift
By MELANIE WHELAN
Ballarat Courier
04 Jan, 2011

DRAMA ensued at the gates in a thrilling Daylesford Gift final yesterday.

South Australian Bradley Letton pipped in-form Ballarat sprinter Rob Lehmann for the $2000 Gift 100m handicap at Cricket Willow.

Letton, in blue, tripped and fell into the white lane next to his, spiking Melbourne's Peter Dudkiewicz in the thigh.

Dudkiewicz's reflex was to leap over Letton, to avoid spiking the victor, but he twisted his ankle in the process and crashed into the safety mats.

Finalists gathered about the injured Dudkiewicz but meanwhile judges were gathered around video replays to pick apart a photo finish.

The blue flag was raised and Letton declared winner, clocking a time of 10.98 seconds.

Lehmann had been so close to completing a Gift double after wife Narelle captured the women's crown at the Victorian Athletic League meet.

Letton though said he was surprised just to make the Gift final, let alone win the blue sash.

The Steve Butler-trained sprinter broke in his heat and was pulled from eight metres back to a 7.25m start.

He did not place but a quick heat time was enough to earn him a spot in the third semi-final, his original mark restored.

"I was a little twitchy at the start but made the most of a bit of a second chance," Letton said.

"I was just happy to make the final.

"I knew it was going to be tough against Lehmann - I've had a couple of good runs against him now."

Letton (8m) was forced to work hard for the victory in chasing Lehmann, who had a 8.75m start.

Lehmann has been in dominant form this weekend, capturing the veterans' 120m sash and reaching the Maryborough Gift final on New Year's Day.

He powered off the blocks at Daylesford for a comfortable win in heat six before topping a decorated semi-final, which included the Gift's past three winners Shaun Fletcher (4.75m), Shaun Hargreaves (5m) and Glenn Stephens (10.75m).

The semi win also knocked out Ballarat only other remaining competitors - Lehmann's in-form training partner Nathan Fox and Ballarat veteran Rod Mathews.

Lehmann said the Gift final was a good, tight race - he just got tied up in the middle.

"I was trying to win the race rather than jumping off the blocks and letting it unfold," Lehmann said.

"It was so tight - I thought (Letton) had me and I thought I had the guy on the outside but it was too close to tell.''

“. . . I’m just happy to back up Maryborough and come out and run well today (sic).”

Daylesford will be a special place for the winning Letton.

It marked the dual Loxton Gift winner’s first victory in three years.

This was Letton’s first visit to the Daylesford and Maryborough carnivals with wife Megan, who won the women’s 400m sash on Saturday.

They have a busy South Australian athletics schedule but will be back in the region for the Stawell Gift.

Meanwhile, Dudkiewicz is likely to have a lengthy side-line stint ahead.

Dudkiewicz told The Courier early diagnosis was a torn ligament in his ankle but he must first wait for swelling to subside.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum