PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Was Trinity Ground to soft.

Was Trinity Ground to soft.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Was Trinity Ground to soft. on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Fishbowls

Word around the V.A.L recently said that a lot of people pulled up pretty sore after Trinity Gift. Don't get me wrong, loved the location and atmosphere and always well run by V.A.L. and organises  but the soft conditions can put a lot of strain on hamstrings. The rain definitely didn't help as well. When is too soft a issue. I hear One very recently  successful V.A.L runner this year sitting on the sidelines now. Anyone else think its a issue?

2 Re: Was Trinity Ground to soft. on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Biggsy

I found it great at the time, but have been very sore since.

3 Re: Was Trinity Ground to soft. on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:01 pm

ProTrackRunner

Trinity was actually a good days racing. Pitty that track has impacted more runners than i thought though.

I ran in 6 sprint races and felt a little tired but okay that night but have struggled since then around the Glutes, hip flexors and hamstring region. It's starting to wear off now but it's interesting to hear that every runner i've spoken to has pulled up average from that day.

I guess it's partially because we've been spoiled with good weather and hard tracks all year that we suffer on a very soft surface.

4 Re: Was Trinity Ground to soft. on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:00 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
I've also been hearing this from several runners, particularly those who went multiple rounds.

5 Re: Was Trinity Ground to soft. on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:19 pm

vicinsider

Too soft, too windy, too cold, too hot, too lumpy, too circular, too tight, too uphill, too much downhill, too hard, he he he he!!

6 Re: Was Trinity Ground to soft. on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:33 am

vicinsider wrote:Too soft, too windy, too cold, too hot, too lumpy, too circular, too tight, too uphill, too much downhill, too hard, he he he he!!

sounds a lot like some farmer's I know hohoho

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum