PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Geelong Results

Geelong Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: Geelong Results on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:47 pm

Hitman17

I'm a bit biased here but for mine The Geelong Gift is up there for gift of the year. Great atmosphere, fantastic venue and some great finishes in most of the events. Special mention to Mark Hignett and his wonderful speech, reminded us all that pro running isn't just about winning sashes. Great work to Walshy and his crew for getting a gift back to Geelong. From what I here it is only going to get bigger with the council very pleased with the turnout.

2 Re: Geelong Results on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:48 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
I'm a sucker for Bay Sheffield's setup, and I loved Geelong. The intimate distance between spectators and track, the harbour, the short circular track, the local restaurants. I can't wait to be able to run a 300 on that track in a couple of years. Will definitely return to Geelong next year.

The only thing that bugged me was that f*cking carousel music. The same bloody track over and over.

3 Re: Geelong Results on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:24 am

OldandSlow

Agree with the above comments. The setup really created a fantastic atmosphere for both runners and spectators and would be one of best of the year. Hopefully the sponsors jump on board again next year and we can also can get the prize money up to make it one of the premiere events.

4 Re: Geelong Results on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Mex

What a great event. Straight and circle events were great to watch. The crowd was fluid, however there must have been at least 5K people view at least some aspect of the 'show'. Meeting of the year for me as well. Excellent job by the GSC.
Mark Hignett - WOW. I cannot imagine how hard that was. When I saw the passage in the program I was moved and then for Mark to speak the way he did blew me away. Great to see the running 'family' continue to be able to pay their respects.

5 Re: Geelong Results on Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:17 pm

Hollywood Central

What a great venue for the Geelong Gift. Loved the meet. Thankyou for your words of support. They mean a lot. Public speaking is not one of my favourite things and talking about Billie is even harder. Thanks again !

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum