PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Whos the person running now who has the greatest time of not winning a sash

Whos the person running now who has the greatest time of not winning a sash

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Was speaking to somoone last weekend who hadnt won a sash for 6 years.
Just wondering who would be going around in Vic and SA on a consistant basis who hasnt won a sash.
By consistant basis I would say probably half the meetings over more than 6 to 10 years.
Whos the greatest non winner and needs a bit more help from the handicapper.
Would not suprise to hear of someone still doing the hard yards for that first sash after 10 years.

Double Jeopardy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
I'm sure there are a few sprinters in this boat. The reason they haven't won probably has more to do with setting their sights too high rather than needing more help from the handicapper though. You've got to know your limitations! Nothing wrong with the odd Group 3 sash...

As an aside, Justin Rinaldi was / is probably the best athlete who runs semi regularly to still be without a pro win. He has run sporadically over the runs but his winless streak in pros dates back a couple of decades.

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
has Ross Nitschke won a sash yet?

S.hill

Ross hasn't won a sash yet stokesy

racingmania

Ross Nitschke has had a lot more starts over the last 4/5 years than many juniors in their first year who have won 1 or more sashes. How does Syrus get to 6.5 in his first year and win an open 70, when a vet like Ross can't win his first sash? Somethings wrong somewhere!

Biggsy

Ross is the unluckiest runner I know to be sashless - I've been on the podium with him maybe 5 or 6 times, on Sunday I think he was within 0.05 of winning the 70m Open, the meeting before at Flafstaff he was 3rd and again 0.1 approx away from winning. I'd say he would have been inside 0.1 of winning numerous times - so his mark isn't to far out, but none the less deserves a win. He's a great guy, in terrific shape, and works really hard during the week. We talk regularly - really deserves a win, preferably though not against me  rabbit

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
I reckon Ron Axford is another oldie with a long sashless streak ... recently a few second places ...

Maybe some of that Hollywood Howson magic will rub off onto Ron next season.

Biggsy

Couldn't agree more Stokesy - Ron Axford is a warrior, he got my son and I into this sport - a brilliant guy who trains really hard. His daughter Demi,  has also been trying her heart out  for a sash for a very long time without a win, was second in the 200m Women yesterday and looks so fit, clearly working very hard.

Good on Ross for hanging in there, it must be frustrating competing for so long without a win when some turn up and win a bag of them in the first 5 minutes or do it seemingly so easily from the massive front marker handicap they are given. Not sure what ever happened to doing your apprenticeship, which admittedly was too long but these days its nonexistent. Is the league worried athletes wont stick it out if they dont get a win straight up or are some being looked after more than others?

Stokesy

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Excellent questions there over35er.

How to answer such questions?

Makes me imagine ...

If we had a user friendly accessible online thing where we could ask such questions ...

If the SAAL info systems were 21st century style ...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum