PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Worth a DQ, you decide.

Worth a DQ, you decide.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Worth a DQ, you decide. on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 am

Discobull

As new to the pro circuit, and without incidents so far. had first experience on the weekend. Decision was made, not crying over spilt milk, but curious what others thought. Guilty or not guilty. Did he deserve a DQ for the final. Comments Please.

http://youtu.be/1KjjaduDN24

2 Re: Worth a DQ, you decide. on Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:21 am

Phantom

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Based on discussions with those who saw the incident close up I think a DQ was probably warranted. From what I understand it's not the first time this year the kid has got into a bit of trouble around the circle track so that would have counted against him also.

Having been on the end of a couple of bad checks this season it might be a good idea for the Chief Steward to address runners before the race and remind them of the need to give racing room or suffer the consequences. This applies to fronties and backies, I've seen some pretty reckless moves this season from both. The VAL might need to go the same way as horse racing and have a camera pointing up the straight for runners who shift sideways. How hard is it to run in a straight line???

3 Re: Worth a DQ, you decide. on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:07 pm

ToM

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Phantom wrote:Having been on the end of a couple of bad checks this season it might be a good idea for the Chief Steward to address runners before the race and remind them of the need to give racing room or suffer the consequences. This applies to fronties and backies, I've seen some pretty reckless moves this season from both. The VAL might need to go the same way as horse racing and have a camera pointing up the straight for runners who shift sideways. How hard is it to run in a straight line???

Admittedly I'm pretty new to Pro running and I've only run three 300's and three 400's this season, but at the start of each race the starters and/or Bill Sutton warned the field of the rules regarding overtaking.

That being said, 200m into a 400 race I can barely remember my name and to follow the person in front; nuanced thought is beyond me, and correct interpretation of overtaking rules may be a stretch.

4 Re: Worth a DQ, you decide. on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:15 pm

oldman

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
You look a bit stiff Disco, from the video it looks like Liam proc is the one that did the damage by clipping not your runner ryan

5 Re: Worth a DQ, you decide. on Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:49 pm

Willo the Whisp

With the naked eye during the race from the finish line I thought it was white (Procacino) that made the contact with Ezard. Watching the video confirms what I thought I saw....however the video is still inconclusive so evidence from the runners and other closer witnesses would be essential to determine the cause of Ezard falling. This video alone would not justify DQ to either McNamara or Procacino but Steward investigation would be the key to enlighten with what is most probable on the video. Without knowing those facts it is hard to say what happened, hopefully someone involved or close to the incident had reliable evidence to support the findings against McNamara, otherwise he should consider himself unlucky.
Nick F.

6 Re: Worth a DQ, you decide. on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:48 am

ShaneMcK

Without incriminating anyone, my opinion is a combination of a bit of bad luck and a bit of inexperience on both Ryan's and Liam's behalf.

White might have run a line that left yellow with very little room for a safe pass over black, which MAY have caused the (unintentional) contact. But without sufficient video evidence on that side of the track to see the exact lines white and yellow were racing on, I'd say the video is inconclusive and the testimonies of those involved (runners and stewards) would ultimately determine the cause.

It's not good to see any athlete disqualified. It's also not good to see any athlete have a fall in a race. I'd chalk it up as an expensive experience to learn from. I do respect the fact that you are taking it on the chin and getting on with business. It could have been worse for both parties involved. Shane Ezard could have been injured by Ryan McNamara stepping on him. Ryan could have been injured by tripping over Shane. There was always the chance a suspension could have been handed out too! Ryan races this week, Shane races this week (on the assumption he is uninjured from the altercation). Positive outcome for what could have been a heart breaking week for Ryan if suspended. If he was suspended, that would have meant missing out on Vic Juniors.

I also hope the stewards followed correct process to investigate the incident and conducted themselves in a professional and respectful manner, as this has not always been the case.

http://www.shanemckenzie.com

7 Re: Worth a DQ, you decide. on Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:10 am

Discobull

Thanks for everyones opinion. Good point that glad no one got hurt. Experience gained. Can only ask now that consistency of future rulings be giving. Good luck to all competing at trinity this weekend.

8 Re: Worth a DQ, you decide. on Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:50 pm

Graeme Lebroy

unless Ezard can be shown to have left the white line and then cut back to the fence I think you are gone.

The white going past stirred a response from the kid....means the kid should go quicker or come off the shoulder of the black earlier to hold the running line. Once White is in front of him he is forced to wait his turn and is therefore liable for any contact.

Lesson learned for Bendigo where he will need to get going earlier if he thinks he is a goer!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum