PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Observations

Observations

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31 Re: Observations on Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:29 pm

jknott123

well done celia you did what pro running is all about run in all events and get a mark you can win from then win and if your good enough the penalty wont worry you. very well coached in my opinion.

32 Re: Observations on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:09 pm

WhataboutmeMrHandicapper

Back to original comment by Mex. Nothing changed from the weekend. Vine and Ware chatted but not the main culprits.
From the weekend Stawell watch may be on this 12:

Bresland
Camille
Jamieson
Lyons
Matthews B
Saliu
Spencer
Versace
Vine
Ware
Weaver
Whitney

Smokenmirroz, Dizzyrunner, vicoutsider, did I miss any?

33 Re: Observations on Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Martine Beer playing the game very well.
Like I mentioned earlier 7 placings 4th or better but still no sash.
Either shes a runner out of luck or its hippity hop hippity hop.

34 Re: Observations on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:15 pm

MOB

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Whispers I reckon that is an unnecessary whack at Martine. She has been one of the most consistent and competitive milers for many years and has won her fair share of races big and small.

It would've been pretty tough to have beaten the winner of the womens/vets 1600 at Ballarat on the weekend. Only Glen Weston at Stawell had the handicap to make a race of that.

35 Re: Observations on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:02 pm

Mex

Observed a potential gift winner leave straight after losing time in his semi on Sunday. Anyone know anything I don't? Was very quick to get his gear, disappointed by his semi or already planned the early get away?

36 Re: Observations on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:57 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
MOB wrote:Whispers I reckon that is an unnecessary whack at Martine. She has been one of the most consistent and competitive milers for many years and has won her fair share of races big and small.

It would've been pretty tough to have beaten the winner of the womens/vets 1600 at Ballarat on the weekend. Only Glen Weston at Stawell had the handicap to make a race of that.

Hippity Hop Hippity Hop.

37 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:27 am

Graeme Lebroy

Whispers wrote:
MOB wrote:Whispers I reckon that is an unnecessary whack at Martine. She has been one of the most consistent and competitive milers for many years and has won her fair share of races big and small.

Hippity Hop Hippity Hop.

Whispers Id be interested to know which Easter bunny you think is worse.....the ones who run every week and "find" something come Stawell like Martine or the ones who run sparingly like back to back winners Horne and Burrows?

38 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 am

Downesy

Graeme Lebroy wrote:
Whispers wrote:

Hippity Hop Hippity Hop.

Whispers Id be interested to know which Easter bunny you think is worse.....the ones who run every week and "find" something come Stawell like Martine or the ones who run sparingly like back to back winners Horne and Burrows?

Graeme,  (Or should I pronounce it "Greemie"), should either option be "worse", as you say? Is it bad form to either find at Stawell, or run sparingly?

39 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:07 am

Graeme Lebroy

maybe its better not worser?

40 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:42 pm

Pro Pasto

Wouldn't mind seeing a Bay/Stawell mps comparison.. Cant seem to find Bay time results anywhere though?

41 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:58 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Initially it was asked who were going to be the Easter Bunnies ,I gave my opinion and was proven correct.
Martine ,and well done to her for making a one act race of the Womens and Vets.
She improved substantially on times peaking for the day which mattered and did herself proud and proving Whispers correct.
Martine continually ran places during the season forfeiting the right to automatic lifts but also avoiding penalties by not breasting the tape first.
Absolutely true Pro running and using the laws of handicapping to a tee.
Like Downsey said ,nothing wrong with bringing your absolute A game to Stawell Easter time and being an Easter Bunny.

42 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:03 pm

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Burrows a different story.
I dont think he ran sparingly as Graeme has alluded to, as he was a regular competitor in 1600m races also was a regular finisher in placings 4th to 10 looking for the three ticks.
Perhaps someone can put his form up for the season it would make very interesting reading.

43 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:56 pm

jknott123

we could all sit here and criticise runners who won at stawell and didnt show form thru out the season but i can assure you as a coach i will play the val game from now on run in as many races as you can on the one day dont try too hard and then get a lift after 3 ordinary runs,and congrats to martine she was robbed of a race at bendigo when she had to run 50m more than normal.

44 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:23 pm

ProTrackRunner

This might sound a bit far fetched Knotty but you could always choose to keep your integrity as a person and a coach and not contribute to what is already an issue in the VAL. I understand your frustration and as a competitor there's nothing worse. I went through 3 seasons with no wins and enjoyed every race knowing i had to get better. It means a hell of a lot more when you improve and then start winning. That's what i would be teaching youngsters personally. There is no glory in cheating.

45 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:35 pm

jknott123

well pro track runner if you check my results for the season you will find i had two in the sportsbiz final at stawell just missed out on winning had a winner at vrta meeting,a winner at ararat,a winner at maryborough,a winner at daylesford,a winner at bendigo, a winner at burramine,plus a few placings.so i think i encourage my runners to win

46 Re: Observations on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:55 pm

ProTrackRunner

You've completely missed the point mate, it's not a chest beating competition of who won what. I was referring to your statement about playing the game and getting your runners to do so. And i still stand by the fact you will lose credibility.

The VAL is working hard to stamp this sort of thing out and issuing fines and NAP's... why put up a silly statement saying you plan on getting your runners to play the game. Not only will that now draw attention to you and your runners but will affect the reputation you have clearly built as training honest runners.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum