PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Maiden Rosebery Gift for Brandon Clark at the 2017 Rosebery Carnival
Today at 10:32 am by Admin

» Ararat Results
Yesterday at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Steinert on track after injury

Steinert on track after injury

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Steinert on track after injury on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:03 am

Admin

Admin
Admin

Steinert on track after injury
By JOSH CALLINAN
The Maitland Mercury
22 Dec, 2010

Pirenee Steinert took her first major steps toward the 2011 World Championships and 2012 Olympic Games yesterday.

The Rutherford athlete hit the track for the first time since her Commonwealth Games appearance in Delhi in October.

The Australian women’s 4x400 metre relay runner has been dealing with a hip fracture, which has kept her off the track for the past two months.

The 25-year-old has been doing cross training in the gym to keep fit, but after receiving the go ahead from her doctor last week decided to get back on track.

“I saw the doctor last week and he gave me the all clear to start running again,” Steinert said.

“I have been doing cross training in the meantime, everything but running, to keep fit ... but I’m on my way to a local grass track now [yesterday] to have a bit of a walk and jog, so everything is on track.”

But the track she frequented was not the Maitland (Smythe Field) and Glendale (Hunter Sports Centre) venues she

frequently uses under Gillieston Heights-based coach Tony Fairweather.

Steinert is in the Inman Valley region of South Australia, which is about 90 minutes south of Adeliade.

She is visiting family for Christmas and yesterday travelled to the nearby town of Yankalilla for a run on a quality grass track.

At this time of year Steinert is generally in her last phase of preparation for the Bay Sheffield Gift, an event she won last year.

Instead she will be watching her twin sister Sheena compete, along with her training partners Keith Sheehy and backmarker Laura Whaler.

Steinert said she would more than likely be on the sidelines for the Hunter Track Classic, on January 29, as well.

She said she would be disappointed not to compete at the event, but would be there on the night to support it.

The Rutherford runner hopes to be fully fit for the national championships in April as she gears up for the world championships later in the year and the 2012 Olympics in London.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum