PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » 2014 City of West Torrens Camden Classic Carnival updates

2014 City of West Torrens Camden Classic Carnival updates

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Colin Rowston

There is an event page on facebook for all the updates on this year's Camden Classic:

https://www.facebook.com/events/589754681097873/

Included on the page is a countdown of the 15 most memorable Classic finals.

vicinsider

Hey Colin, I can't find that event for Camden on Facebook? I've searched in FB for it, have you released a draft calendar yet? Could be the heat policy this year?

Colin Rowston

Search for "2014 City of West Torrens Camden Classic Carnival" on facebook and you'll find it.

There will be an announcement re the schedule tonight. We are finalising some issues in regards to the program currently.

birdman

ive just searched for it colin and it gave me nothing

Matenga

I think you've made your event private, thats why no one can access the link or search for it on facebook.

Colin Rowston

You are right. I've just changed the settings so you should be able to view it now.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Unfortunately with Global warning this event at this time of the year is more often than not going to have the organisers watching the Temp in the lead up days to the first Sun in Feb year after year.
Nobody likes change but I think its time to look at alteratives.

Whispers suggests making the Camden Classic in to a Two Day Event.
Run all the straight events Fri night leading into holding the Calcutta at the end of the first night.This way the Club does well with teas and the bar and all the sprint finishing gates, ropes etc can be packed away.
Then on Sat night hold all the circle events ,umpire races etc etc,so the final event is held at a time where interstaters have sufficient time to catch their flight.

I know the Camden Classic is held the first Sunday of Feb and we have to hold it then because thats when its always held etc etc etc but I think the times coming.

Colin Rowston

While the official announcement will be made on Friday night, it does appear that the hot weather policy will be implemented on Sunday for the 35th City of West Torrens Camden Classic Carnival.

As we need to shorten the program dramatically, we have had to drop a few races from the program, with those being:
- 120m Open, Women and U20 semis (winners only from heats to finals)
- 400m Open and Women consolations
- heats for the footballers and umpires races (straight finals)
- sprint skins
- kids races

There is only one short official break but we plan on having a VIP function for officials/special guests at 5:15pm. There will be no entertainment at this year’s event but there will be a lucky program prize draw.

Here is the adjusted schedule:
5:45pm Final and presentation FMG Engineering/Coopers 400m Footballers' Classic
5:52pm Final and presentation SANFLUA 400m Andrew Vickers Memorial Umpires Race
6:00pm 8 heats Mort Daly Running Foundation 120m Under 20s’ Handicap
6:32pm 6 heats Highway Hotel 120m Women’s Gift
6:56pm 6 heats West Beach Community Bank 120m Open Gift
7:20pm 3 heats SA Athletic League 120m Under 14s’ Handicap
7:32pm Final and presentation Mort Daly Running Foundation 120m Under 20s' Handicap
7:40pm Final and presentation Highway Hotel 120m Women's Gift
7:48pm Final and presentation West Beach Community Bank 120m Open Gift
7:56pm Final and presentation SA Athletic League 120m Under 14s’ Handicap
8:04pm 5 heats Chehade Brothers 400m Over 35s' Handicap
8:24pm 5 heats Ledcourt Waters Corporate Getaway Retreat 400m Under 17s’ Handicap
8:44pm 4 heats Solo Resource Recovery Women's Classic
9:00pm 7 heats City of West Torrens 400m Camden Classic
9:28pm Official Break/Lucky Program Draw
9:40pm Final and presentation McAvaney Presentations 800m Novice Handicap
9:48pm Final and presentation Ultra Tune Glenelg/City to Bay Fun Run 1600m Open Handicap
9:56pm Final and presentation Chehade Brothers 400m Over 35s' Handicap
10:04pm Final and presentation Ledcourt Waters Corporate Getaway Retreat 400m Under 17s’ Handicap
10:12pm Parade of finalists Solo Resource Recovery Women's Classic
10:16pm Final and presentation Solo Resource Recovery Women's Classic
10:24pm Parade of finalists City of West Torrens 400m Camden Classic
10:28pm Final and presentation City of West Torrens 400m Camden Classic
10:35pm Presentation – Athlete of the Meeting

We look forward to another great event at Camden Oval.

Colin Rowston

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ATHLETES ON SUNDAY!

As bookmakers will be operating on heats and finals of the 120m Open, 120m Women, 400m Over 35s, 400m Camden Women’s Classic and 400m Camden Classic, all athletes in these races will need to arrive in time to accept for these races in person or they will be scratched.

The acceptance closing times will be:
120m Women 5:45pm
120m Open 6:10pm
400m Over 35s 7:20pm
400m Camden Women’s Classic 8:00pm
400m Camden Classic 8:15pm

Colin Rowston

Unfortunately the efforts to have bookmakers at the Camden Classic Carnival have come across a last minute hurdle, with State Government legistration not allowing them to be a part of our event this year. For all the punters out there, there is still a chance to put your money where your mouth is at tomorrow (Friday) night's calcutta.

Whispers

ProTrack Star
ProTrack Star
Colin

Because of the extreme conditions ,I suggest that under 14s be limited to one event only, the 120m under 14 or 400 under 17, not both.
I would not like to see a 12 0r 13 year old run a heat and final of the under 14 120m then run a heat and final of the 400m under 17.
Its called a duty of care and cant be left to parents or coaches to make the choice.
At least half the under 14s have nominated for both.

Or why not just run the under 14 120m heats and no final.At the end of the heats ,award the 8 placings to the 8 fastest times over the heats.

Colin Rowston

Thanks for your thoughts but we won't be debating the program any more. You would not believe the amount of time and effort that has been spent doing that this week!

The conditions in the evening on Sunday should be fine for all runners. If anyone thinks otherwise, I would suggest they scratch but the sea breeze and the sun going down will mean it actually should be quite pleasant.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum