PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Teen sensation Jordan Caldow wins Bay Sheffield

Teen sensation Jordan Caldow wins Bay Sheffield

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/teen-the-new-king-of-sprint/story-e6frecj3-1225977452870

Jordan Caldow beats Liam Gander and Corwin Pusch in the Bay Sheffield yesterday.
Picture: Ray Titus, The Advertiser.

Teen the new king of sprint
By REECE HOMFRAY
The Advertiser
December 29, 2010

TEEN sensation Jordan Caldow last night reigned over the 120m Bay Sheffield at Colley Reserve.

His superb win capped off a magnificent switch to athletics.

The Adelaide 17-year-old received a rock star reception from the crowd after running a sizzling 12.15sec to beat Liam Gander and Corwin Pusch in the much-anticipated final.

Caldow, who is in his first season of sprinting after switching from surf life saving, became the second youngest winner of the Bay Sheffield and pocketed $12,000 for his efforts.

"Right now it's just the fact that the race is over. There was so much going on coming into the race and to have it out of the way is the best," he said.

"I got a really good start and was out in front. It wasn't until closer to the finish line I saw Gander coming up on me.

"I was off balance and thought 'this is not the place to fall over' but I just got across the line."

Caldow was a deserving $1.60 favourite for the 124th Coopers Bay Sheffield after setting a scorching 12.26 in his semi-final and ran off 6.75m to beat backmarker Gander in the final.

He thanked his mum for taking him to training but said he wasn't ready to switch to full-time track sprinting because beach running was "too much fun".

Earlier, Tamara Dartnall recorded a dramatic victory in the women's 120m gift after a photo-finish was required to split her time from Ali Trewartha (second) and Kendra Hubbard (third).

The Adelaide 26-year-old was a $1.60 favourite and started off 9.5m to win by just .007 of a second.

"Oh wow. I didn't know who had that. I thought Ali might have got up. What a race, I'm so happy to make the final and just over the moon to win this one," said Dartnall, who runs for McKinnon Parade.

"I wanted this race so bad. They put the blue flag up and I'm over the moon."

It was a cruel blow for Trewartha, who narrowly lost the 70m sprint on Monday.

"Congratulations to Tam. We're both here because we push each other at training and we couldn't do it without each other," she said.

In other feature races last night, backmarker Robert Killmier produced a blistering run in the home straight to catch leader Matthew Ferber and win the 1600m selected backmarkers' handicap.

And Chris Ross landed a sizzling double for the carnival with a magnificent run to win the 550m open handicap to go with the 800m title he claimed on Monday.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum