PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Adelaide Track Classic crucial for Sally Pearson's world championship defence

Adelaide Track Classic crucial for Sally Pearson's world championship defence

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/adelaide-track-classic-crucial-for-sally-pearsons-world-championship-defence/story-fnig5e6k-1226807048039

Adelaide Track Classic crucial for Sally Pearson's world championship defence

Kym Morgan •
The Advertiser •
January 21, 2014

SALLY Pearson says next month's Adelaide Track Classic will play an important part in her preparation for her World Indoor Championship hurdles defence.

The Olympic champion is likely to race the 100m and 200m at Santos Stadium on February 15 before heading to Perth the following weekend.

She will then travel to Polish city Sopot to defend her World Indoor 60m hurdles title from March 7-9.

"The Australian season for me is a really important time to build up my speed for later in the season and the shortened format of World Indoors allows for that very well,'' Pearson said.

"I lost the opportunity to do that last year (after two hamstring injuries during the winter), and I see it as crucial as a sprinter because race fitness is so important."

Pearson finished second behind US athlete Brianna Rollins at last year's (outdoor) World Championships in Moscow and said she hoped for a rematch in Sopot.

"I'd love to see Brianna run,'' Pearson said.

"She has a pretty quick indoor time and I'm interested to see how she is starting to progress this year.

"You want to run against the best in the world so that you are the best of the best when you win.''

Australia will send just three athletes to Sopot.

Distance runner Collis Birmingham (3000m), and 2010 world indoor long jump champion Fabrice Lapierre will accompany Pearson.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum