PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Hurdler Michelle Jenneke will bring her famous dancing routine to the Hunter Track Classic

Hurdler Michelle Jenneke will bring her famous dancing routine to the Hunter Track Classic

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2028334/dancing-hurdler-michelle-jenneke-for-hunter-track-classic-video/?cs=310

Dancing hurdler Michelle Jenneke for Hunter Track Classic: video

By  JOSH LEESON
Newcastle Herald
Jan. 16, 2014

TRACK stunner Michelle Jenneke has promised to bring her internationally famous pre-race dance to Newcastle tomorrow night when she makes her debut at the Hunter Track Classic.

The 20-year-old 100-metre hurdler shot to stardom after a video of her trademark jig from the 2012 world junior championships in Barcelona went viral on the internet.

The video has received more than 25 million views on YouTube.

With the fifth instalment of the Hunter Track Classic lacking the likes of Newcastle Olympic discus thrower Benn Harradine and triple Commonwealth Games triple gold medallist Tamsyn Manou (nee Lewis) from previous years, the glamorous Jenneke is a welcome addition.

‘‘I do it  every race, I’m not sure I could race without it,’’ Jenneke said.

‘‘It’s just something that naturally happens, so I’ll  be doing it up in Newcastle.’’

Building a profile in Australian athletics is a hard business these days.

Sally Pearson was the star of the London Games after her gold in the 100m hurdle, but actually lost sponsors after the  Olympics.

Jenneke won silver  at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games and two Australian under-20 crowns in 2011 and 2012, and her stocks are rising.

For that, the girl from Kenthurst in Sydney’s Hills District credits the online video.

‘‘I wouldn’t say it’s changed my life so much, it’s definitely opened some doors and new opportunities,’’ she said.

‘‘It’s given me a profile in athletics, which  can be very hard to get.

With that profile, however, comes expectation.

The Hunter Track Classic kicks off her campaign to run an A qualifier of 13.10 seconds or B qualifier of 13.33 for the Glasgow Commonwealth Games in July.

‘‘I’m not really someone who feels that pressure,’’ Jenneke said.

Tomorrow night in the 100m hurdles Jenneke will face Georgetown heptathlete Sophie Stanwell, who she has never raced before.

Stanwell, 22, has been in terrific form   this summer, recording a three-second personal best time in the 800m last week at Campbelltown Sports Centre in a B qualifying performance.

Australian No.2 hurdler Shannon McCann, from Perth, will be the favourite of the eight-woman field.

Jenneke’s personal best is 13.39, outside the B qualifying time for Glasgow.

‘‘I don’t think I’ll be getting a qualifier this early in the season, so I’ll just be trying to get some good times leading up to that,’’ she said.

‘‘At the moment I’m hunting for some decent times.’’

However, earning her first Commonwealth Games cap and taking her famous dance all the way to Scotland is her mission for the season.

‘‘I definitely think it’s a realistic goal that I’ll be aiming for this season."

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

oldman

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
How'd she go? And also how'd she go in the race!!!!???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum