PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Ballarat Courier article on pro running

Ballarat Courier article on pro running

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ballarat Courier article on pro running on Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:32 pm

floater

2 Re: Ballarat Courier article on pro running on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Thanks for the link, Floater.

Nice article from Melanie Whelan. The regional sports reporters have a great understanding of the sport. They appreciate the importance of the pro running meets to the local community.

Now days one just takes any criticism of pro-running with a grain of salt. It (the criticism) generally emerges from a background of jealousy & envy at the prize money on offer, the crowds & large number of participants it attracts & the excitement it generates.

I love watching athletics at the highest level and I've been to many national & state titles, but nothing compares to the excitement & expectation when it comes down to the semis & finals of a Bay Sheffield or Stawell Gift.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

3 Re: Ballarat Courier article on pro running on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:10 pm

Fast

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Great article by Mel Whelan....she has a real understanding and appreciation for the sport...it is really frustrating when some jealous amateur coaches try to divide athletics...it is all one sport and no coach should deprive any athlete the opportunity to compete...that to me is simply a bad coach.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum