PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » SAAL Life Member & former Handicapper Trevor May passed away

SAAL Life Member & former Handicapper Trevor May passed away

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
Very sad to announce the passing of former long time handicapper & life member of the SA Athletic League, Trevor May who passed away on Monday 9th December.

Trevor died suddenly at the age of 65, after suffering a heart attack on Monday morning.

This is a massive shock to the SA Athletic League as Trevor was expected, as he has done for many years, to assist the SAAL at the Bay Sheffield carnival. Trevor remained a much respected member of the Appeals panel.

Trevor was the main handicapper of the SAAL for more than 20 years. He brought an element of integrity, honesty & diligence to the handicapper's role that enhanced the SAAL's reputation across Australia. The Bay Sheffield would not be where it's is today if not for Trevor's incredible devotion to make it as good an event as he could within the confines of his role.

I know as an interstater visiting the Bay Sheffield in the early 90's that the Bay was an event that had a very credible reputation because of the way it was handicapped. Consequently the interstate contingent grew, as its reputation as an event handicapped with integrity, grew.

RIP Trevor.

Trevor's funeral will be held on Monday December 16th 2013. Details are on page 78 of today's Advertiser.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

John LeRay

Very sad news - relatively a young man. Trevor was a mid / Long Distance runner in his early days with the Adelaide Harriers. Later, he took on the role of Handicapping with the SAAL and was always approachable and highly professional and prided himself on getting it right.
He loved the Sport which was borne out by his availbility as an official at the Bay Sheff after he retired from handicapping.

A great supporter in seeing the development of young runners, taking a great thrill in seeing them develop into the senior ranks. Trevor sought me out every Bay and provided some money for Flagstaff Gift Sashes and was always reluctant be known as the donor.

Sadly missed

Vale Trevor May

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum