PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Cam Dunbar arrives in Tassie

Cam Dunbar arrives in Tassie

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cam Dunbar arrives in Tassie on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:22 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.examiner.com.au/news/local/sport/general/dunbar-gets-taste-of-tassie/2033722.aspx

Cam Dunbar arrives at Launceston Airport with his partner
Clare Briggs and her family, sister Anna and mother Anne.

Dunbar gets taste of Tassie
BY TERRY MORRIS
The Examiner
24 Dec, 2010

CAM Dunbar will enjoy the best of both worlds over the next few days.

The 30-year-old Victorian sprinter has taken the opportunity to come to Tasmania to run in some of the rich sprint races over the Christmas carnivals series and at the same time wants to take in some of the state's tourist attractions.

Dunbar arrived in Launceston yesterday and with a family group intends spending a few days at Cradle Mountain.

On Boxing Day it will be down to business when he dons the spikes and runs in the $5000 Latrobe Gift on the opening day of the carnival series.

Dunbar is the joint backmarker off 6.75 metres in the Latrobe Gift courtesy of some consistent running in Victoria in the past couple of seasons.

This year he has won the Keilor and Euroa gifts and his previous victories include the Maryborough, Rye and Bendigo gifts.

He was judged this year's winner of the Victorian Athletic League and the Australian Athletic Commission's sprinter of year and it is the second time he has won both awards.

Dunbar intends running at the Latrobe and Devonport carnivals but will miss Burnie as he has a commitment at Maryborough on New Year's Day.

"My father and I are both former winners of the Maryborough Gift and it will be the club's 150th anniversary next week," he said.

Dunbar's father Rick was a former professional runner in Scotland before coming to Australia and he dominated the local scene at the height of his career.

He won the Maryborough Gift in 1966 and in the same year finished second to Tasmanian Basil Burley in the Australian professional sprint championship.

Dunbar said he had heard a lot about the Tasmanian carnival series and was looking forward to competing for the first time.

"My coach Todd Ireland won the Burnie Gift and has some close connections here," he said.

Ireland also won the Maryborough Gift and will join the Dunbars in the sesquicentenary celebrations.

Apart from the Latrobe Gift Dunbar will run in the 400m on Boxing Day and at Devonport has entered the 70m and 400m.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Re: Cam Dunbar arrives in Tassie on Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:32 pm

MapaTasy

He win LaTrobe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum