PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Sally Pearson to kick start her season in Adelaide

Sally Pearson to kick start her season in Adelaide

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

youngy

Admin
Admin
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/olympic-champion-sally-pearson-to-run-in-adelaide-in-february/story-fnig5e6l-1226771786872

Olympic champion Sally Pearson to run in Adelaide in February

By REECE HOMFRAY
THE ADVERTISER
NOVEMBER 29, 2013

OLYMPIC champion Sally Pearson will race in Adelaide in February to kick-start her build up to the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games.

The reigning 100m hurdles Olympic gold medallist will run in the Adelaide Track Classic as she prepares for the indoor world titles in Poland.

Pearson raced in Adelaide last year in the lead up to the London Games when she ran the 100m and 200m, signed autographs for fans and helped attract more than 3000 people in the biggest crowd Santos Stadium has ever seen.

Now with new coach Antony Drinkwater-Newman, Pearson, 27, said Adelaide's premier athletics event on February 15 suited her season plans perfectly.

"The timing of the Adelaide Track Classic suits my preparation for the IAAF World Indoor Championships very well so it made sense for me to commit to running there before heading to Poland to defend my 60m hurdles title," Pearson told The Advertiser.

"I ran at Santos as part of my prep for London and I remember some pretty strong winds.

"The event was fantastic though and it will be good to come back, and run fast and strong for the people that come out to watch in South Australia.

"After missing the Australian season in 2013 with a hamstring injury, I am very eager to get back out there in front of a home crowd.

"I'm just itching to get back on the track really and can't wait for a big 2014."

Athletics SA executive officer Adam Bishop said he was excited about the news.

"I call it the Sally effect, she has a massive impact on crowd numbers and is the most well-known of our Olympic athletes so it's a massive coup to have her confirmed for Adelaide," Bishop said.

Tickets for the Adelaide Track Classic go on sale through Ticketek in mid-December.

In other athletics news, South Australian Tony Keynes was one of six people yesterday awarded life membership to Athletics Australia.

Keynes received the AA Platinum Service Award acknowledging more than 40 years of service to the sport.

WHAT: 2014 Adelaide Track Classic

WHEN: Saturday, February 15

WHERE: Santos Stadium, Mile End

MAIN EVENTS: 100m, 200m, 800m, 5km, triple jump, javelin, steeplechase.

SUPPORT EVENTS: Junior and masters racing and celebrity relay.

TICKETS: On sale mid-December via Ticketek.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum