PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Stawell the target for 2012 Noosa Gift winner

Stawell the target for 2012 Noosa Gift winner

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Stawell the target for 2012 Noosa Gift winner on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/stawell-the-target-after-noosa-gift-defence/2083793/

Stawell the target after Noosa Gift defence

Sunshine Coast Daily
14th Nov 2013

AFTER experiencing the Stawell Gift for the first time this year, Buderim 42-year-old Vincent Jason is itching to earn a spot in the final of Australia's most prestigious handicap race.

First, however, he will attempt to defend his Noosa Gift title on Sunday.

Vincent stunned observers at last year's edition of the race in winning the 110m event just a year into his comeback from a two-decade absence.

He was an under-17 national 100m title-holder in the late 1980s but walked away from the sport to pursue other interests.

The result at Noosa sparked his competitive instincts.

"I absolutely love it," he said.

"That win really ignited a flame in me which I hadn't had burning for a long time. I had a really good season after that."

Indeed, he won some prominent beach races before tackling the historic Stawell Gift.

"That was a learning experience, an eye opener," he said.

"It was something I'd always wanted to do and I went there and won my heat and ran the second fastest time of the (first) day, but then the young fellows came through.

"They made me realise how much work goes into being able to compete with those guys at that level."

So the Alexandra Headland beach sprinter has trained harder than ever in his quest to make an impact in the classic race.

"I want to have one more shot. After last year I went and spoke to my coach, Kip McFarland (a two-time Stawell Gift finalist), and I asked, 'do you reckon I could be more competitive next year' and he said 'absolutely'.

"So he smashed me in the off-season. I have been doing a lot of hard work.

"My goal is to get to a Stawell final. That's what I really want next time (in April)."

A record 72-strong list of entrants will assemble at the Girraween Sports Complex to compete in the $5000 Noosa Gift, which is a relatively new event but already regarded by many as the state's top handicap race.

Among the expected contenders are Noosa teenager Jordan Csabi and this year's Stawell 70m winner, Isaac Dunmall.

There will also be a $1000 300m division and a $750 70m.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

airtight

Any results from Noosa?

cmon this is queensland don't expect anything soon ,or if at all

as regard nsw I would expect handicapps soon?????? for Queanbeyan Idea cyclops

mwebster

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
Liam Gander won the "Gift" and that's all that I know so far.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum