PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Ararat Results
Yesterday at 9:57 am by SANCHEZ

» Ararat Gift
Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:56 pm by timrosen35

» Multiple NAPS lead to anything?
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:01 am by DDog

» Pro running right on track
Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:26 am by youngy

» Brighton Open Gift
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am by safrican

» Queanbeyan Gift overcomes small field and lower prizes, produces exciting final
Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:32 am by Admin

» Brighton (SAAL) HANDICAPS - 17th Dec 2017
Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:28 pm by Admin

» Brian Wilson rewarded for going the extra distance (PreBay Gift review)
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:35 am by Admin

» Northcote Women’s winners handicap
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm by FortySevenThirty

December 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Canadian Thomson looming as favourite for Bay Sheff

Canadian Thomson looming as favourite for Bay Sheff

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://guardian-messenger.whereilive.com.au/news/story/canadian-running-into-ominous-form/

ON YOUR MARKS: A record 746 runners have nominated
for this year's Bay Sheffield Gift.

Canadian Ira Thomson running into ominous form
by Kym Morgan
Guardian Messenger
22 December 2010

ADELAIDE-based Canadian Ira Thomson looms as the biggest danger to Brighton Secondary School teenager Jordan Caldow in next Tuesday’s 124th Bay Sheffield Gift at Colley Reserve.

Experts believe Caldow, 17, is on the verge of becoming one of the youngest winners in the history of SA’s richest footrace.

But Thomson is running into ominous form and has been given a break by the race handicapper, who this month lifted the Canadian’s mark from 6m to 6.5m.

Thomson ran a close third to Wallace Long-Scafidi in the Mount Gambier Gift - considered the best Bay Sheffield form indicator - earlier this month, prior to receiving his 0.5m lift from the handicaper.

“That was his first run of the season,” SA Athletic League president Brendan Golden said.

“You would expect him to improve on that effort and when you factor in his 0.5m lift he becomes a definite chance.”

Golden said SA’s top decathlete Jarrod Sims was also a major threat at the Bay, as were Victorians Carl Morehouse and former Stawell Gift winner Adrian Mott.

A record 746 runners have nominated for this year’s Bay Sheffield, which makes it arguably Australia’s biggest handicap athletic carnival.

More than 10,000 people will watch races.

In other events, Victorian Daniel Hornery is the class athlete of the feature Select Mile but will have to overcome a tough handicap.

SA’s top 400m runner Clay Watkins will go up against former South Aussie Keith Sheehy in the 550m.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

2 Ira's available on Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:14 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Googled Ira to find the Guardian messenger article and also happened upon this.....

http://workingathlete.com/

Prospective Employers!

My name is Ira Thomson and I am a 25 year old recent university graduate and athlete . I created this website as I felt it would give employers a more detailed overview of who I am and what I am looking for.

I am currently finishing my travels in Adelaide, Australia with a trip to the Gold Coast on February 20th until February 28th. After this date I will be available full time.

I am looking for a job that I can turn into a career or get real practical work experience for a career position. I am looking for a full time position or a job that has potential to turn into full time hours. My goal is to work full time and train part time for track and field for the short term after which I plan to work full time and further my skills/abilities with part time studies.

I have just finished a year of travelling and competing and am motivated to find a job where I can apply myself fulltime and driven to succeed in that position. My accomplishments in sport and school I believe are evidence for this drive and my goal to give one hundred percent effort in evey avenue of life.

I am a track and field athlete training for the sprinting events (200m and 400m). My goal this year is to finish in the top 8 in Canada at the 2010 Commonwealth Games trials, I want to achieve National funding standards which are 21.28 200m and 47.18 400m. So far this year I have run 21.59 in the 200m event and have yet to compete in the 400m. I plan to train hard to acheive these goals but it will be difficult to say the least! Otherwise this will be my last year of competitive track. I have had a ton of fun travelling and competing, with a personal highlight of competing for team Canada at the North American and Caribean Track and Field Championships in the Dominican Republic.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

Non SA

The local press as usual is really getting behind the SA boys.

Looking through the handicaps I really think the interstaters will dominate the gift. There are runners on Thompson's mark that will have him covered.

Caldow is obviously fast, however I'm not sure he will handle the pressure cooker with all the NSW and VIC big guns in town.

Going to be very interesting.

No waySA

Agree with Non SA. Three SA runners tops to be in the final and they'll go 3-5-6. Caldow and 2 others.

Hankin, Fletcher, Jones, Pusch, Mott, Rollinson. Four of these guys might fill 3 of top 4 in final.

Hankin to win!

Sydney

John Jakeman was 2nd to Tohl in SF off 6.25 in 2007. Now he's got 7.00. Jakeman certain finalist, with Hankin.
Hankin's stablemate Macfarlane should have won in 2007 off 6.25, but choked in sf. hankin won't make the same mistake off same mark.
hankin & jakeman to finish in top 3.

TheMaple

Where was Ira?

toronto

Ira is training for the 400m and thus competed for the fun of it. But I agree he should have run much better.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum