PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» VAL CALENDAR 2017/2018
Today at 4:03 pm by youngy

» 2018 BUNBURY GIFT
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:33 am by AussiePro

» Bridge of Allan Highland Games
Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:08 pm by JH

» Stand Up Comedy debut
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm by youngy

» St Andrews (Scotland)
Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:42 am by JH

» Mull Highland Games.
Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:57 pm by JH

» Regular VAL runner picked in U/18 Vic Metro AFL team to play WA
Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:16 pm by Willo the Whisp

» Airth(Scotland)
Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 am by JH

» Vale.. John Stoney John passed away last wednesday and his funeral will be held today in Albury
Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:50 pm by Jack Stoney

August 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Peter and Josh Biggs looking forward to a big season with Flagstaff Hill Athletics Club

Peter and Josh Biggs looking forward to a big season with Flagstaff Hill Athletics Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Admin

Admin
Admin
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenger/sport/former-adelaide-36er-peter-biggs-joins-son-josh-as-a-sprinter-at-flagstaff-hill-atheltics-club/story-fni9llzu-1226739788403

Former Adelaide 36er Peter Biggs joins son Josh as a sprinter at Flagstaff Hill Atheltics Club

By Kym Morgan
Messenger Press
October 14, 2013

Father and son Peter and Josh Biggs, who are hoping for big seasons with Flagstaff Hill Athletics Club. Picture: Sam Wundke Source: News Limited

PETER Biggs was once renowned for burning off defenders on the basketball court, but these days he spends his time burning up the track.

A member of the original Adelaide 36ers squad, Biggs spent three seasons training alongside Adelaide basketball royalty like Al Green, Mark Davis and Mike McKay during the 1980s.

But a desire to spend time with 15-year-old son, Josh, saw Biggs switch to athletics at the age of 48 last season.

"It was down to one reason and that was my son, Josh,'' Biggs says when explaining his decision to take up sprinting with the SA Athletic League last year.

"I originally wanted to steer Josh down the basketball track, but that didn't work out and he didn't play any sport at all for about six months.

"One day, he came home and said 'dad, I'm doing OK at athletics at school'."

The pair quickly found their way to Flagstaff Athletics Club with the legendary handicap athletics trainer John LeRay.

Rather than watch from the sidelines, Biggs joined in and says it was one of the best decisions he has ever made.

Biggs has had four, top- three finishes in his year in the sport, but says the highlight so far was watching Josh win the junior 70m handicap at Tea Tree Gully last season.

"To see how much that meant to him brought a tear to my eye,'' he says.

http://protrack.easyforumlive.com

racingmania

Biggsy's looking fit. Should see a few silk like additions to cover up those old basketball trophies in the Biggs's house this year.

floater

Very interesting name in the 300m VAL heat at Melton Friday night off 42m...

7:15 300M
Red Luke Stevens Tarneit                 6
White Rhys PARKINSON MELTON SOUTH 16
Blue Alexander BACALJA Malvern        24
Yellow Peter Biggs Aldgate                42
Green Tom HECIMOVIC Altona        49
Pink        Kirsty Stevens TARNEIT        58
Black Megan McMAHON NORTH SUNSHINE 75
Grey   Samantha Hargreaves Tarneit 85

Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]