PROTRACK

A forum devoted to track events from 60m to the 2 mile. Mainly pro but also news from local, national and international sprint & middle distance competitions.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

October 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

You are not connected. Please login or register

PROTRACK » GENERAL » Non - Keilor Gift 2014

Non - Keilor Gift 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Non - Keilor Gift 2014 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 pm

mwebster

ProTrack A Grader
ProTrack A Grader
To all Athletes / Trainers / Supporters,

As many of you are probably aware, the Keilor Gift for 2014 is not on the Victorian Athletic League’s calendar for season 2013-2014, I am, on the club’s behalf, filling you all in on why the carnival will not be taking place.

Finally, after waiting many years, the local council will be starting the upgrading of the oval immediately after the end of this football season at Keilor.

Given the immense task of the work to be done and completed satisfactorily for the ground to be handed back to the Keilor Sports Club, the council cannot guarantee its readiness for any of the clubs sports teams until the end of April 2014.

As it is now, this season’s cricket will be played “away” all summer and the football club will be playing “away” for the first half of its season.

The Keilor Sports Club’s Gift Committee have had long meetings with the various controlling bodies about this matter and have decided that the event will go into recession for 12 months and come back in 2015, bigger and better than before.

The Gift Committee looked hard at the possibility of another weekend in which to hold the event, but with the non guarantee of the oval being ready, it also considered moving it to another venue.

Having looked at the logistics of this, it was decided against doing this as the infrastructure for the Wood Chopping events would not be available, the facilities for patrons would not be the same and the major sponsors were not keen on moving to another venue.

All major sponsors have given their commitment for 2015.

Regards

Matthew Webster

On behalf of the
Keilor Sports Club/Gift Committee

2 Re: Non - Keilor Gift 2014 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:48 pm

Spiderman

Awesome news thanks Matt. I might just set myself for that next season! Wink

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum